Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    It's called a deus ex machina. I guess we are all mary sues, then.
    One reason I just can't be a complete asshole in games like this, no repercussions towards my character feels like I just get away with it. but that's more of a personal problem of mine :P
    Last edited by SPeedy26; 2012-01-06 at 09:17 AM. Reason: repercussions
    I haven't enjoyed myself this much since the sacking of Coruscant!
    -Malgus playing the Mesmer

Deleted
    I think you lose out on companion related quests if you don't buy them cake and diamonds or something...don't quote me on that though ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, quests come from companions liking you (unlocked by getting X affection points) but that's not what the OP is referring to.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post

SPOILER ALERT ----> As a Imperial Agent, Kaliyo gets kidnapped in Act 3.
    Great, how the hell are we supposed to avoid that spoiler? Was it really necessary to post this? Did it add anytjhing? You're an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    Yeah, I think the QQ on... well, everywhere, would be enormous. Was a good design decision to prevent you from being able to kill your companions.
    When I heard of them considering to permanently getting rid of your companions I'd thought they would replace your companion with an emotionless droid to fulfill the role you would have lost

I can just the the posts now
    person 1:I killed X, how do I get him back?
    Person 2: why did you kill him?
    person 1: dark side points duh, now tell me how to bring them back
    person 2:...

I'd implement it just to screw with ppl who pick the light/dark side option for the sole reason of it being a light/dark side option :P

but yeah I can understand why they would make the companions death-proof

15+ Year Old Account
    You could lose companion in early alpha of the game, before any customers could even try the game, it was terrible and was decided to remove major game breaking feature like that.

It might work in a single-player game since you can load a saved game but in an mmo its a major event and be unable to solo anything later.

So to conclude, no you cannot lose a companion.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I don't count the droid lol. Like so many others, I'm plotting and scheming to get him dismantled, possibly turned into an intergalactic toaster or something.
    Bah, forgot that droid, there's really 7 then. There's a secret companion

Quote Originally Posted by SPeedy26 View Post
    One reason I just can't be a complete asshole in games like this, no reproductions towards my character feels like I just get away with it. but that's more of a personal problem of mine :P
    I hope you meant repercussions XD

Quote Originally Posted by Mizanthropic View Post
    I think you lose out on companion related quests if you don't buy them cake and diamonds or something...don't quote me on that though ^^
    Yea, those quest steps are tied to how much influence you have with them. I was really bitchy to Mako. It wasn't until I bought her gifts and made "greedy" choices that she came around with quests/items. The little midget guy [I'm not into star wars] with the glowing eyes <3.

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    I hope you meant repercussions XD
    lol my bad :P

Quote Originally Posted by SPeedy26 View Post
    When I heard of them considering to permanently getting rid of your companions I'd thought they would replace your companion with an emotionless droid to fulfill the role you would have lost

I can just the the posts now
    person 1:I killed X, how do I get him back?
    Person 2: why did you kill him?
    person 1: dark side points duh, now tell me how to bring them back
    person 2:...

I'd implement it just to screw with ppl who pick the light/dark side option for the sole reason of it being a light/dark side option :P

but yeah I can understand why they would make the companions death-proof
    The best option would be like in KOTOR - choices of companions sometimes. i.e. you can get one killed depending on your LS/DS choice, but you'd get a replacement later.