Anyone have a Sager?

Hi, I am thinking about buying a Sager NP8150 laptop with the monster 6990M ATI graphics card. I specd one out and it will cost me about 1500 bucks. Still a much better deal than the Alienwares and MSI's I have looked at. I was told the NP8130 Sager laptop would get framerates of about 120 while questing and around 60 in raids. I would think the 8150 with the much better graphics card could go even higher. Does anyone have one of these 2 laptops or something comparable and if so, what kind of framerates do you get?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty irrelevant. The graphics card is good, but if you're only playing WoW, it's CPU based. AFAIK, they use the same CPU, so it's entirely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    It's pretty irrelevant. The graphics card is good, but if you're only playing WoW, it's CPU based. AFAIK, they use the same CPU, so it's entirely irrelevant.
    I don't think that is correct, your graphics card is the number 1 resource when playing any game, not your CPU, take the best CPU in the world and put it in a PC with an integrated graphics card and your not going to play much. The graphics card is a large part of the equation with pretty much all games.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not. In World of Warcraft, the stress is put far more on your CPU than your GPU. That's why I said "but if you're only playing WoW".

Quote Originally Posted by lefty71 View Post
    I don't think that is correct, your graphics card is the number 1 resource when playing any game, not your CPU, take the best CPU in the world and put it in a PC with an integrated graphics card and your not going to play much. The graphics card is a large part of the equation with pretty much all games.
    That only applies in solo content. The GPU is potent enough for Ultra in solo in 1080p without falling below 60 fps.
    Everything that will be taxing will hit the CPU harder. It will handle 25man raids, but you'd probably want to turn shadows down.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a laptop, get a good sandy i7, gtx 560 1gb (not the 2gb) or better. I have a GTX 570m and a i7 in my GT780dxr barebone and got it for 1,200$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty71 View Post
    Wrong.

CPU is the backbone of your system when it's wow, it doesn't function as "THE GPU HANDLES ALL THE GRAPHICS", the entire system is working together for being able to play, but you will need a solid CPU to get good FPS, therefore the CPU is the backbone when it comes to WoW, when it's games like Battlefield or Section 8, then your GPU is your backbone.

Enjoy testing single core Pentium processor with SLI GT 590/Crossfire 6990 and getting 60 FPS on WoW.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Wrong.

CPU is the backbone of your system when it's wow, it doesn't function as "THE GPU HANDLES ALL THE GRAPHICS", the entire system is working together for being able to play, but you will need a solid CPU to get good FPS, therefore the CPU is the backbone when it comes to WoW, when it's games like Battlefield or Section 8, then your GPU is your backbone.
    The cpu is the biggest part for the cpu, but do not think it barely helps, it plays a major role. I played on my computer with and without a gpu it it makes a huge difference.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose