No legendary Destro Warlock BiS weapon?

I am just curious what people think if you can hit the haste "cap" which would be 2527 for me sense I am a goblin.. would it be better to use Lightning Rod or Ti'tahk, the steps of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalic View Post
    I am just curious what people think if you can hit the haste "cap" which would be 2527 for me sense I am a goblin.. would it be better to use Lightning Rod or Ti'tahk, the steps of time.
    Websites say that lightning rod is better, and it is for personal dps, but for overall raid dps heroic Ti is the best weapon, your numbers will be a tad lower, So I have heard. I'm not sure is Ti stacks, but you could have a hefty haste increase if a bunch of casters have it, if it does stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    Websites say that lightning rod is better, and it is for personal dps, but for overall raid dps heroic Ti is the best weapon, your numbers will be a tad lower, So I have heard. I'm not sure is Ti stacks, but you could have a hefty haste increase if a bunch of casters have it, if it does stack.
    i have it on my shammy, you will get your proc, which then will give everyone the haste buff, not including yourself, but other procs can affect you, so you can have your proc + someone elses raid buff proc.

I mean I guess that can make sense and all its just 2176 haste is like 17% haste thought that could be a really good proc depending on the icd.. but alright ill go with what elitistjerks says.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalic View Post
    I mean I guess that can make sense and all its just 2176 haste is like 17% haste thought that could be a really good proc depending on the icd.. but alright ill go with what elitistjerks says.
    That is best, however since I'm guessing Ti doesn't stack, at least one caster should have i for the raid dps increase. also it does have a low ICD but it goes like this so I have heard Ti<Rod<H rod<H ti=Legendary. when you factor in the expected dps increase from the 3 casters that are getting your haste boost.

Edit: apparently it does stack, so load up on them Ti's because enough should be a nice dps increase

Just thought i would clear up what i said

The staff gives you a haste buff, and 3 others, if someone else has the staff, they get their buff and give haste to 3 others which CAN include you, but you can't have multiple stacks one that others can get.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Just thought i would clear up what i said

The staff gives you a haste buff, and 3 others, if someone else has the staff, they get their buff and give haste to 3 others which CAN include you, but you can't have multiple stacks one that others can get.
    Ya, I got that, but with a over 2k haste rating, that's pretty epic

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wanna point out that heroic Ti'tahk is out of most people's reach, while heroic Lightning Rod is from one of the easiest heroic fights... And I've seen very conflicting data on Ti'tahk, especially because its buff can spread to pets (and less than great player targets, obviously). It would probably increase your raid dps by more than the other staff would increase yours, yeah, but you really only need one per raid and who wants to be the staff bitch? If you're looking for your personal bis, definitely Lightning Rod.
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

Deleted
    Ti'tahk i416 might be the BIS for pexing to level 90, you will already have cleared T13 if you obtain it.

normal rathrak is best in slot for normal modes which peole seem to ignore

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    I would think no... just... no

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    I would think no... just... no
    You are completely incorrect. Do some research or sim it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to know where you're getting this because rathrak, even before it was fixed in simulationcraft, neither sims or actually performs well enough to be considered close to best in slot. I'm sure it's decent in aoe situations, but it's laughable on ultraxion, morchok, etc.
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

edit: here's a quote with the math that I did in another thread

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad
    In practice, looking over my logs and logs of some other people with rathrak, uptime seems to be ~35% and it comes out to a pretty consistent 400-440 dps (this is the normal version, single target fights - using mainly ultraxion for these comparisons) for classes without nature damage modifiers. If I totally remove the proc from simcraft's damage output and add that in, it just confirms what I've been saying - the proc, plus the spellpower, does put it ahead. How is that not at least an accurate preliminary way to judge how good the proc is? I don't need simcraft to be updated to tell me it's still performing better >_>

edit: using this profile for lightning rod (taken from EJ bis) and this profile for rathrak, totally removing rathrak's dps and adding in a very low estimate of 400 instead gives rathrak's profile 41,268 dps and LR's profile with 40912 dps.

Without the rathrak proc that profile does 40868 dps, so the proc literally would only have to do ~50 dps to become better than LR. Common sense says that it does in fact do more than 50 dps so I don't understand what the question is here.

edit2: and for those curious, using this profile (best I could come up with to use Ti'tahk with normal gear) nets 40438 dps, so there is no question that Ti'Tahk is not worth using over LR or rathrak given that the proc can go to heals/tanks
    edit2: woops, links didn't carry over - chardev links can be found in post #38 in this thread. People overlook the loads of spellpower and secondary stats on the offhand you gain when switching from LR -> rathrak for some reason, and overvalue the haste proc on ti'tahk.
    Last edited by gakpad; 2012-01-07 at 01:03 AM.

Deleted
    Simcraft simulates Ratak wrongly - Simcraft thinks it scales with dark intent 9% dot damage and I believe it also sims it to scale with haste hence it gets an inaccurate value.

Lightning rod is BiS for all warlock specs after legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotbotdotcom View Post
    Simcraft simulates Ratak wrongly - Simcraft thinks it scales with dark intent 9% dot damage and I believe it also sims it to scale with haste hence it gets an inaccurate value.

Lightning rod is BiS for all warlock specs after legendary.
    If you bothered to read my post it shows that even if you REMOVE the proc rathrak is only ~50 dps behind lightning rod. I dont need to know what the proc scales with to tell me that the proc does more than 50 damage in any circumstance imaginable. Read before you post next time, there's no question rathrak > lr > ti'tahk. heroic LR is another story, in that sense the list goes more like DTR > H LR > H rathrak > H Ti'tahk > rathrak > LR > ti'tahk

10+ Year Old Account
    No need to quote the main post bud. It's already implied you're responding to it unless you quote somebody else.
    Back in my day, we killed bosses 400 times a day...uphill both ways...in the snow...and we fucking liked it. In related news, I hear that uninstalling WoW completely from your hard drive and then reinstalling it resets your RNG numbers. -septor

Deleted
    If you bothered to read my post it shows that even if you REMOVE the proc rathrak is only ~50 dps behind lightning rod. I dont need to know what the proc scales with to tell me that the proc does more than 50 damage in any circumstance imaginable. Read before you post next time, there's no question rathrak > lr > ti'tahk. heroic LR is another story, in that sense the list goes more like DTR > H LR > H rathrak > H Ti'tahk > rathrak > LR > ti'tahk
    My apologies, I just read the title saying BiS warlock weapon and assumed we were talking heroic gear.