Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

the series that got you started in gaming

for me my first series was sonic

Deleted
    Spade Invaders on old Atari.
    FIFA something. I believe it was first fifa for PC.
    And MORTAL KOMBAT <3

there werent any franchise when i started gaming lol. but i guess itd be dragon warrior and FF1

Zelda!!! The original Zelda game, and then pokemon red/blue and when gold/silver came out... i got so into that. Then Final Fantasy 7!
    Also, Super Mario! And yes, Mortal Kombat and Sonic!

I was always a gamer. It's just... me.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxtroll55 View Post
    for me my first series was sonic
    I'm with you OP. Sonic back in the 90's was what turned a simple hobby/passtime into my now gaming addiction. Thank god for that

I first started gaming on the sega master system. Games like Sonic, ALex the kid and Fantasy zone. Shortly after some windows 95 games such as Time Commando, HyperBlade and Mechwarrior 2.

Edit Oh wow how could i forget pokemon blue on the gameboy

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to say it was Duke Nukem, but it was more of me watching my brother play. I didn't get my own console (well, my dad bought it for me and my older brother) till the first playstation and the first game we got was Megaman Legends :O

That game was so much fun. There's also the NES and SNES that our friend owned and we sometimes played it at his house when we owned a sega but I don't remember much of that so I guess I can't credit that.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Deleted
    Red Alert/Half Life/Warcraft and Pokemon.

Sonic on Genesis.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Probably Super Mario on the NES.

Sonic 2 on my good ol' Sega

Deleted
    Suikoden 2 did it for me, a friend mentioned it had 100 playable characters...i called BS and had to see it for myself, been on the "rpg" bandwagon ever since

10+ Year Old Account
    The Sonic games on the Genesis are what got me into gaming. That shit is entertaining to play at like 6-7 years old.

Edit: lol @ the irony of the poster above me. :P

Yep Classic Nintendo is what got me into gaming. Woot! Mario All the way

Shinobi on the Master System.

>_>

*edit*

Just saw you said series. Then that would be the Phantasy Star series.

Magic: The Gathering.
    I never was much of a computer gamer, though I did like the old Command and Conquer games, some Warcraft I and II, and later on Starcraft. I've even played Diablo I and II, but what got me into gaming as a hobby rather than an occasional past-time was Magic: The Gathering. It lead to Warhammer, which lead to DnD, Vampire: The Masquerade, and eventually computer games on the side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Age of Empires <3 Totally sucked at it tho :P
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPrnfold View Post
    Suikoden 2 did it for me, a friend mentioned it had 100 playable characters...i called BS and had to see it for myself, been on the "rpg" bandwagon ever since
    DEAR GOD!, what are the chances that nick would post next
    Last edited by mmoc57ebc36a89; 2012-01-06 at 03:16 AM. Reason: meant to edit not quote myself.....

Deleted
    Warcraft Orcs and Humans, Worms, Baldurs Gate and Metal Gear Solid 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played games as a kid. Sega Genesis, but my mom limited the amount of time I played games though. Wasn't till I got my N64 along with Goldeneye that me and my friends really became video game nerds. The fact that all my friends had one, meant we could just bring a controller over to a friends house along with some games. And we could play any 4 player games and have a lot of fun.

The four of us being together and having fun is what I miss the most about video games. But Goldeneye was the game that got me hooked into gaming.