15+ Year Old Account

Question Lightning Barrier vs Subversion

My Sorcerer is Lightning specced (zapzap), but healing has always been fun for me, and so I intend to try it out some time before I reach 50. Having looked at the talents and a potential Corruption build, it seems that Sorcerers are the only healers which end up having to put 1/2 into talents, right at the end. Other classes can fill talents out. Any Corruption Sorcerers out there want to give a heads up on which way it's better to go?

See, the predicament is this: It stands to reason that one would take 2/2 Will of the Sith (6% increased Willpower). Which leaves you with 8 points for the Lightning tree. After filling out the bottom tier, you then have only 3 points to spend. But there are two 2-point talents that at first glance look pretty juicy. So which do you choose? 2/2 Subversion (for 100% increased force regen chance with Lightning Strike) or 2/2 Lightning Barrier (20% increased absorb)? Is regen more important than a stronger shield? My gut tells me that a 50% chance would be fine.

Just looking at hearing from any Corruption Sorcs out there that have experimented or know just how regen and absorbs are according to those talents. Given that I will never heal Operations, but the thing that really annoys me the most is not having a filled out talent. Incomplete talents make my spine tingle for some reason. :/
    For the Alliance!

Deleted
    Vaguely remember reading rough theorycraft that said specing subversion ended with a slight mana loss after regen. Could have been a load of balls though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    Vaguely remember reading rough theorycraft that said specing subversion ended with a slight mana loss after regen. Could have been a load of balls though.
    Yeah, I'm not really too fussed about theorycrafting. Thinking I might go 32/7/2, with 2/2 Sub and no points in LB. I'm months away from having a level 50 Sorc anyway, so things could change by the time I do get him to end-game.
    For the Alliance!