Republic vs Empire, couple of questions

Hey there, I'm planning to get SWToR, but I am also kinda stuck on which faction to play as. So far, when It comes down to the class, I am probably going to go with either the Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior, the Knight allowing me to continue playing a paladin-like character while the Warrior seems to bleed "badass" one liners.

When It comes to story, I am interested in both factions, both seeming to offer some compelling plotlines and goals, with the British Accents being a definite plus for the Empire while the general sense of paladininess being the plus for the Republic.

However, I have a couple of questions that will influence my pick:

1. In the Republic VS Empire warzones, which faction has the PVP edge? As in which faction wins these warzones more often?
    2. Which of the faction communities are more friendly from personal experience. I want to avoid the crowd that will call each other "Dumbshits" and the like when losing a WZ as much as possible.

Any answers are appreciated. Thank you.

1) Bioware just released a PvP update saying that Empire across all servers won about 53% of warzones, so it's only slightly in Empire's favor. But remember, SWTOR is only server based warzones. It's not like WOW with battlegroups so if you want to play republic, there's quite a few servers that republic dominates.

2)Both communities got a lot of WoW's playerbase. So both communities have a lot of the trolls and flamers that WoW is notorious for. However, at least on my server, both factions also have a good amount of helpful, nice players. If you roll a PvP server though, be ready to take some heat if you can't pull your weight in team based PvP.

It's way too early to say for certain how things will settle out . . . as far as pvp goes just about everyone is terrible right now, so no one really talks in warzones (at least on my server). In my experience the Empire wins when we actually get to play vs the pubbies, but since there is such an imbalance of sides you get huttball about 7/10 games and play other empire. If you want to play the fotm and win every 1v1, roll a sorc. For anything more long term it's really impossible to say --- the game is too young to have established patterns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.