Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Whenever I see cool mounts/ items/ pets (and I mean really cool ones), its rather sad that the first thing that I think is TCG. Even sadder that 90% of the time it comes true.

Now that we finally see that it's TCG related, don't see why it was implimented so early in a patch considering the earliest we'll even see it will be in July since the next 2 expansion packs coming out in Jan and April both already have the loot set for them and neither have these, so the first one after those is in July. Just don't know why so early seeing these as TCG loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    They need to lure people into buying a TCG that is not even half of Magic, the Gathering.
    Without the lootcodes, who would actually?
    I'm playing WoW TCG with friends - It's so much more fun than Magic, the Gathering - I have also played Magic, but it was boring compared to WoW TCG (Even Yu-Gi-Oh was more fun than Magic) - I personally never cared about the loot cards at all.... I just play the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Yet more content I pay Blizzard to produce that remains unavailable to me. Cool cool cool.
    So you're saying you can't buy trading card game packs? Do they not sell them where you live or something?

Deleted
    its to late for Italian Localization, most of them just left

Quote Originally Posted by Rezman View Post
    So you're saying you can't buy trading card game packs? Do they not sell them where you live or something?
    What he's saying is that millions of people pay a subscription fee + cost of expansions expecting new content. Instead they get reused assets, and then stuff like these TCG mounts, paid mounts/pets, etc etc is dangled in their face. The fanboys eat it up, but those with a shred of common sense realize that this stuff is replacing what should be new assets for the "base" content of the game. It is a sideways version of DLC.

I wonder if MoP will introduce instances/dungeons that are only accessible if you have a certain store bought item.

Subscription Fee pays not only for servers and support, but also a continually updated and dynamic world.

To quote their support page:
    In addition to benefiting from regular expansive content updates from our ongoing live development team, World of Warcraft has its own dedicated server infrastructure and internal support staff. The entire game takes place online, in a persistent, ever-changing game world that can host hundreds of thousands of players at any given time of the day. As such, it requires much higher levels of support, maintenance, and network bandwidth than other games.
    Where have these "expansive content updates" gone? Why are there paid "expansions" if there is supposed to be "expansive content updates" solely from the subscription fee itself ?

As per the LFR loot restrictions, this is nice! I would sure like to see most of the items that drop become unique - It seems people roll on them to sell them for gold lately, kind of annoying. Being able to find a way to make you only get the roll bonus for one piece of tier in that slot would be nice too. Losing a tier helm to a guy wearing the 397 version of it is kinda annoying. Oh well, less QQ more pewpew =D

Quote Originally Posted by lilbuddhaman View Post
    Where have these "expansive content updates" gone? Why are there paid "expansions" if there is supposed to be "expansive content updates" solely from the subscription fee itself ?
    Last i checked those were called "major content patches." We get those, at least 3 times per expansion, usually four. Whether or not you think the raidfinder's more substantial than a chicken mount is your own choice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLovecraft View Post
    "If you're saying creating said spreadsheet takes an equivalent amount of time as coding a system in the game whereby item distribution accounts for the spec you're fulfilling in a dungeon, you're wrong. We're not that naive. We knew from the start of designing the Raid Finder system that we'd need to build a smarter loot distribution system to regulate fair play."

Then why, I wonder, was the dev team unable to notice another glaringly obvious oversight in the LFR system, such as, oh say, the major bug that allowed people to run LFR lockouts and the normal dungeon lockouts separately-acquiring more loot than intended? Maybe this came to your attention recently? I think it caused some minor issues in the race for world first Dragon Soul? Was that your idea of fair play, maybe?
    LFR and Normal/Heroic mode lockouts were separate from the very beginning. That was one of the selling points of LFR, in that people could run it throughout the week and not be locked out of Normal/Heroic mode version of Dragon Soul. Everybody had the exact same options for garnering loot from LFR. Everybody. KIN simply did it the proper way - Run LFR's with 3 mains and 22 alts, so the mains would get all the needed loot, whereas other guilds used an exploit (I can't and won't go into the details of what was done), and thus were banned. The first way is not an exploit. It is using ingame mechanics creatively. LITERALLY. It just took a fair bit more time to do so (having to run ~9 instances of LFR just for 1 raid group's worth of mains).

So TheLoveCraft, what is the issue that you see in the selling point mechanics of LFR and how it was implemented (as designed)?

And the quote you quoted had nothing to do with the separate lockout systems of LFR and Normal/Heroic. What they are discussing in that post is how loot is distributed to different classes/specs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLovecraft View Post
    .It sounds like it "was also really important to [you] to get Raid Finder working and implemented with the Dragon Soul raid" so much that you rushed it and made a huge oversight. This is all well and good, we're all human right? What I don't get is that instead of owning up to your mistake you decide to punish your players for not knowing how you wanted them to use a new and original loot and lockout system that they the majority of the playerbase had no exposure to outside of the PTR.

Speaking of the PTR, why didn't you guys nail this bug on the PTR before it went life? Isn't that the purpose of the PTR? Maybe I'm mistaken.But there's a cherry on this cake-instead of banning everyone who abused your mistake, you only bother to ban the top guilds and simply ignore your average joe guild who did precisely the same despite the compilation of evidence from local sources on your very servers.

That's some kinda magic trick you have going there, Blizz.
    They punished people who exploited. Simple as that.

And again, what they are speaking about is loot distribution rules, not about lockouts. Go look up the LFR exploit and understand what happened, and why guilds who used this exploit were banned. And also understand the rules of how LFR works.

I'm really looking forward to see if they'll release the Italian localization!!

Oh look more Ret nerfs, fucking bullshit. At least my Sith Assassin is level 50 now.

Really they're worried about Ret Paladin dps being too high?Is their plan to just ignore Arms Warriors or Fire mages?

Quote Originally Posted by lilbuddhaman View Post
    What he's saying is that millions of people pay a subscription fee + cost of expansions expecting new content. Instead they get reused assets, and then stuff like these TCG mounts, paid mounts/pets, etc etc is dangled in their face. The fanboys eat it up, but those with a shred of common sense realize that this stuff is replacing what should be new assets for the "base" content of the game. It is a sideways version of DLC.

<snip>
    Then he's wrong in how he worded it. The mounts ARE available to him only he chooses not to try and get them.

The TCG items are nothing but toys. A perk reward for buying trading cards. A large amount of people that play the card game don't even play WoW. Do they complain because they paid for the cards but can't used the items? No.