Thread: New PSU

New PSU

I just bought a new PSU. It has an LED light with the fan. When I installed the psu I get a little light on my mother board but my computer wont turn on nor the light for the fan? I can put my old PSU in my computer and it works fine.

My questions are... Did I buy a faulty PSU? Is that common?

The PSU is a Cosair GS600.

15+ Year Old Account
    It certain does sound like a faulty PSU. Try turning the computer on with just the 4/8 PIN CPU connector and the 24 pin connector plugged in. Same thing happened with my GF's PSU. Luckily we got it from a local shop, and had a 30 minute turn around on the DOA :-p

And the green wire/socket is connected to the black one, if she doesn't start up she's done.

Ok, i did the test. and it turns on for half a second. the led will come on for a brief second as well. Nothing stays on. I have everything plugged into my PC exactly where my old PSU was, but still nothing. any suggestions? There are tons of extra plugins.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrambledegg View Post
    Ok, i did the test. and it turns on for half a second. the led will come on for a brief second as well. Nothing stays on. I have everything plugged into my PC exactly where my old PSU was, but still nothing. any suggestions? There are tons of extra plugins.
    If it's only turning on for half a second, you simply didn't connect your CPU 4 pin power cord.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics