Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who is your favorite companion to romance?

Well since I haven't played the other classes enough, I have only romanced Elara.
    Last edited by Valdorian; 2012-12-06 at 06:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Romance? What is this, Dating Sims?

Not interested, actually. I'm playing for the story, not to fulfil some fantasy. If I want to romance anyone it will be my wife.

Let's break it down: my Bounty Hunter is all about standing up for what is right, but getting as many credits in the process as he can; my Sith Sorcerer is about gathering knowledge and finding ways to use the force for good; my Sith Marauder likes to break people's necks and hopes to become the most powerful Sith in the galaxy; and my Imperial Agent is cold and calculating, only caring about the job at hand. Nope, no room for any sort of relationship with companions. They are there as a means to an end (get crafting, yo).
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post

Not interested, actually. I'm playing for the story, not to fulfil some fantasy. If I want to romance anyone it will be my wife.

Let's break it down: my Bounty Hunter is all about standing up for what is right, but getting as many credits in the process as he can; my Sith Sorcerer is about gathering knowledge and finding ways to use the force for good; my Sith Marauder likes to break people's necks and hopes to become the most powerful Sith in the galaxy; and my Imperial Agent is cold and calculating, only caring about the job at hand. Nope, no room for any sort of relationship with companions. They are there as a means to an end (get crafting, yo).
    why reply then if your not interested in it? I get some people just want to kill and not flirt, but don't knock it if it's not your thing.

I only got far with the IA so far, I picked Temple over Kaliyo but still liked Kaliyo more. Temple fit my characters personality more in some ways but not others. I'm not loyal to the Empire but I do the right things. after getting with Temple she still seemed a bit too cheery, I do like her though.

I'm looking forward to Jaesa/Vette on the SW. Risha for my Smuggler. Ashara seems nice too.

Deleted
    I'm sorry but, while I have no intention of de-railing what should deserve to be a legitimate question, the "Romance" of SWTOR is so one dimensional, clumsily scripted and uncomfortably embarrassing that it actually does a disservice to romance as it exists in the real world, or even actually in any half decent fictional setting that I can think of.

It makes the entire Twilight saga read like Jane Austin.

Whoever is responsible for implementing it into the story has probably never had a relationship with a real person, flirted or dated, much less had a conversation. I had two conversation sessions (each session being multiple conversations one after the other, minimum actual words involved, dreadful reply choices that seemed completely different to what my character actually said, and no breaks between) where I went from "flirt" to "married" in about 5 minutes. The only recompense for having to go through the horrible nausea was about 150k XP. I felt dirty, but at least I was a level up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starchuck View Post
    The only recompense for having to go through the horrible nausea was about 150k XP. I felt dirty, but at least I was a level up.
    Sadly in real life marriage, I failed to receive the 150k XP bonus. Was still nauseated mind you..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Sadly in real life marriage, I failed to receive the 150k XP bonus. Was still nauseated mind you..
    That's exactly what I said over guild chat!

Deleted
    Romancing Mako feels wrong, she's a little girl in everything she does. Ashara is dumb, her introduction is dumb, the way she got into my group was dumb, I got her at like l.35, I do not care about her at all.

So yeah. Also the Vette romance is creepy as hell.

Deleted
    I'm romancing andronikos atm he says a sith and cowboy don't get on but really, he wants me.

Deleted
    Aye the romance isn't exactly Shakespearean. I wonder what you get stuck with as a female consular...Qyzen Fess?
    I can see it now "Blah Blah Hunt, Blah Blah Scorekeeper, Blah Blah points!!!" to which your flirt response is what? "Me stove, cake, kids"? ^^
    And they lived happily ever after having many twi'lek/lizard children that hunted deer using rock slides because they couldn't manage to stack enough Aim to hit them with a stick:P

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tharan Cedrax, actually, and I imagine Holiday would get very jealous. I can't help but think that that is one romance that might be written somewhat decently.
    Sadly, romance is not the way of the jedi.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a Dark Jedi, romanced Nadia who hates Dark Jedis. It must be my charm and charisma that masks my murderous intents!

I WAS having fun romancing Andronikos Revel on my light side sith inquisitor, until Andronikos stopped talking to me.
    Ticketed it, and I hope it's fixed soon. I'm level 37 with 8.7k affection with the guy.
    On a related note, that's not my only companion who's bugged. Ashara seems to want to talk to me, but then doesn't say anything. Only Khem and my new archeology loving companion (forgot his name) seem to want to talk to me, but the new guy's voice annoys me and he's ugly. :S Now I sound mean and superficial. /sigh. Sleepy time.

Not interested, actually. I'm playing for the story, not to fulfil some fantasy.
    You do know that stories are fantasies, right?

So you set up distinct characters with "personalities" and goals but you dedided as any full character is they are all soulless unics because it would creep you out to play a romance (yet movie romances are completely different...). Yes there are perverts that will twist it to fill some missing hole in thier life and obsess over the feature but it dosn't have to be that way for you... I just think people draw strange lines when it comes to romance in he media based on some stereotypical examples.

Anyways...
    I havn't got any romanceable companions yet so I'm unsure how well they are handled in this game. Not sure if they are romances for the ages like some other games (I won't mention them since I may get picked apart for my choices) or some of the more stale ones around.
    I imagine they are not great since private/direct convos with companions are probably some of the most limited I have seen in a bioware game though.

Quote Originally Posted by sidenorna View Post
    You do know that stories are fantasies, right?

Wait...

I am a chiss sniper in real life!

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    About to buy the game and am pretty clueless about pretty much everything. If I roll a female and get a female companion like Vette, will I still be able to take a romance route? >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflicerbob View Post
    About to buy the game and am pretty clueless about pretty much everything. If I roll a female and get a female companion like Vette, will I still be able to take a romance route? >.>
    Not at present. They were talking about adding that option post-launch, but I think they are focussing on bug-fixes and gearing up to release the next sections of the raids at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdorian View Post
    Well since I haven't played the other classes enough, I have only romanced Elara. But she is great to romance!
    My girlfriend?

Sorry, but your not romancing your companion, your character is, and only to the extent that the developers permit you and you have figured out. This is nothing more than "Choose your own adventure" type play and it never ceases to amaze me how much people put into it, let alone how much they can get out of it.

I would impressed if we could establish relationship with npcs of our choosing, however since it is all scripted this is nothing more than beating a boss by know when events trigger and not standing in the fire.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    If I roll a female and get a female companion like Vette, will I still be able to take a romance route? >.>
    Roll a male and have a healthy sexual life with your slave twi'lek. Problem solved.

Please do not imply that a gay relationship is unhealthy. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2012-01-07 at 12:31 AM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.