Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    My girlfriend?

Sorry, but your not romancing your companion, your character is, and only to the extent that the developers permit you and you have figured out. This is nothing more than "Choose your own adventure" type play and it never ceases to amaze me how much people put into it, let alone how much they can get out of it.

I would impressed if we could establish relationship with npcs of our choosing, however since it is all scripted this is nothing more than beating a boss by know when events trigger and not standing in the fire.
    How do you not feel silly saying these things? You think the guy doesn't know that it's scripted? You think the OP thinks that the companion actually loves him? Of course he doesn't, so why do you say it?

Let us have fun with our game. SW:TOR is very immersive, and romance can be fun and giddy. Stop being a tightass, if I wanted to rush to endgame and just raid all day I'd go back to WoW. These are the small aspects of TOR that makes it different.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

As my toon's a female, I wish Lord Scourge was romanceable. Though I do wish I'd have gone Male just for Kira. Hnnnng.

Deleted
    Vette

and when same sex relationships are in (or if). Whichever hot companion female i get with my hot female IA alt :P

Quote Originally Posted by ravenshaelo View Post
    I WAS having fun romancing Andronikos Revel on my light side sith inquisitor, until Andronikos stopped talking to me.
    Ticketed it, and I hope it's fixed soon. I'm level 37 with 8.7k affection with the guy.
    On a related note, that's not my only companion who's bugged. Ashara seems to want to talk to me, but then doesn't say anything. Only Khem and my new archeology loving companion (forgot his name) seem to want to talk to me, but the new guy's voice annoys me and he's ugly. :S Now I sound mean and superficial. /sigh. Sleepy time.
    This isn't a bug, if you go through the stories with the companions high enough you need to get through more of your own class story to unlock further stories with your companions. I got Jaesa on my Jugg to 10k affection and she stopped talking to me around 39 and I was confused but after I got through the story up to about 42 it opened up more and she talked to me more. So Just continue your story quest and after you get past a certain point, It's usually after finishing a chapter, there will be more dialog from your companions you've leveled affection with pretty high.

Jaesa is by far the best companion to romance she's such a naughty evil woman it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    How do you not feel silly saying these things? You think the guy doesn't know that it's scripted? You think the OP thinks that the companion actually loves him? Of course he doesn't, so why do you say it?
    You assume a lot about your fellow players, many of them I listen to in vent or read in guild chat are pretty damn creepy.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

My girlfriend?

Sorry, but your not romancing your companion, your character is, and only to the extent that the developers permit you and you have figured out. This is nothing more than "Choose your own adventure" type play and it never ceases to amaze me how much people put into it, let alone how much they can get out of it.

I would impressed if we could establish relationship with npcs of our choosing, however since it is all scripted this is nothing more than beating a boss by know when events trigger and not standing in the fire.
    Congratulations on being an e-douche. I too have a girlfriend. Do I give a shit? No. If you want to play the game and e-woo some npc that can't judge you etc., what's the problem? Anyone who was going to become addicted solely because their girlfriend is an npc is already lost anyway. It's shit like this that makes me question the maturity of the internet...

10+ Year Old Account
    You assume a lot about your fellow players, many of them I listen to in vent or read in guild chat are pretty damn creepy.
    You should probably get new friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    Romance? What is this, Dating Sims?

Not interested, actually. I'm playing for the story, not to fulfil some fantasy. If I want to romance anyone it will be my wife.
    Break it down for me - how is romance not a part of the story?

And no, this is not a dating sim. Just like it's not a torture sim or a murder sim, despite you being able to do tons of both. It's quite simply a part of the story and while you may not be interested in it or it might not suit your RP, you might still like to hold back on stupid comments like that

OT: Personally I haven't gone into them yet. For one, SGRAs are not a part of the game yet and being male, playing a female character, I find it a bit weird personally to romance dudes. On top of that, I'm playing a Pureblood Sith Inquisitor and she's a combination of ruthless, efficient and power hungry, a romance just isn't in the cards for her right now. A serious relationship would only be with a fellow Pureblood as she sees herself above the other races, though, SGRAs introduced, she might have some fun with a few hapless chicks on the way :P

wow, what a stupid discussion, almost as good as "sith players must be assholes/jerks in RL, too!!1"

of course I like to romance ladies in this game, although I live with my girlfriend for several years together now.
    why would someone NOT want to do it? its fun! you interact with npcs for a change not to crush, kill or torture them. its fun to pick the right answers and talk about different stuff for a change.

Deleted
    Talos. More of a bromance, really, but still...

I'm not a creep. I was trying to start a fun conversation on these forums instead of seeing another "THIS GAME SUCKS GLAD I DON'T PLAY" thread. If you are all for the hate threads, I'll stop making threads.