Thread: Bugged pets

Bugged pets

So i made a new lock last night, and my pet's have been bugged on this new lock. i checked out a hunter too, and even a second lock of a different race, and all their pets are bugged too. their bars are grayed out as if i'm on a ground mount or something when i have addons turned on, but im not (obviously). they still attack things that i attack, but i can't tell them to attack anything. with no addons on, the pet bar doesn't even show up. however, my level 85 hunter and lock's pets are not bugged. was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or not

Signature by Kenz

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't start with pet control, it is a gained skill. This has been so for quite some time. At level 10, I believe, you gain the ability to directly control your pets. It is not a bug.

You should open your spell book once and a while, and perhaps try google before posting.

That's not a bug, you won't get a working pet bar untill about level 10.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

nvm, i just assumed it would be passively activated, my bad >.<

kind of annoying that it isn't learned passively =/

Signature by Kenz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by angelx7x View Post
    a friend of mine suggested the level 10 thing, but im level 11 now, and still cannot command my pets to do anything, so if anyone can provide the actual level, the question still stands
    Check your spellbook, as suggested, or google "control pet."

I suppose I'll do that for you.

"Hunters will obtain a pet at level 1, with each race having its own starting pet that will aid the player in combat. However, the hunter will be unable to control the pet's actions until level 10 - it will simply follow and attack whatever the player is attacking."
    -WoWhead

As I suggest, level 10 is when you gain the ability to control your pet. Have you visited a trainer and trained the ability?
    I was under the impression it was passive.

If you are still unable to control your pet, try using the /reload consol command.

yea, i realized i had to go to the trainer to gain it, when my friend mentioned it, i had assumed it would get learned passively like talents, and now i feel so stupid >.< guess everyone has their moments

Signature by Kenz

yea, i realized i had to go to the trainer to gain it, when my friend mentioned it, i had assumed it would get learned passively like talents, and now i feel so stupid >.< guess everyone has their moments
    Keep remembering that! Many members of this community seem to have forgotten those moments of their past and it made them bitter

Also you can look forward to MoP, you will learn new spells and abilities automatically on level up then.
    Last edited by Samin; 2012-01-06 at 06:53 AM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

edit: beaten to it, refreshing the page didn't show it though. disregard this >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Keep remembering that! Many members of this community seem to have forgotten those moments of their past and it made them bitter

Also you can look forward to MoP, you will learn new spells and abilities automatically on level up then.
    yea, that'll be nice, im still marveling how stupid i was for a bit there lol

Signature by Kenz

yea, that'll be nice, im still marveling how stupid i was for a bit there lol
    Don't feel bad! When I first started playing I refused to believe that my melee weapon wasn't for actual combat use. I used my awesome white staff I found off some random vendor to melee mobs until like lvl 15 or something. Afterall, why would Blizzard give me a big stick if I couldn't hit things with it?? My wand also stopped working. So I continued to wield my staff like a pro until I made a post on the forums trying to find out why my wand wouldn't shoot stuff. It had zero durability. So yeah, that's how I learned you have to repair your stuff. I eventually came to terms with the fact that Warlocks are not a melee class, lol. We all have had noob moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Aalyy View Post
    Don't feel bad! When I first started playing I refused to believe that my melee weapon wasn't for actual combat use. I used my awesome white staff I found off some random vendor to melee mobs until like lvl 15 or something. Afterall, why would Blizzard give me a big stick if I couldn't hit things with it?? My wand also stopped working. So I continued to wield my staff like a pro until I made a post on the forums trying to find out why my wand wouldn't shoot stuff. It had zero durability. So yeah, that's how I learned you have to repair your stuff. I eventually came to terms with the fact that Warlocks are not a melee class, lol. We all have had noob moments.
    Sounds like any lock I've met from Crushridge.

EDIT: Well, didn't notice that was US. EU Crusridgers melee all the way to 85.

My pet gets this debuff sometimes you see
    its kind of long
    SEVEN DAYS STUN

GdGd. Really hate this bug , got it during a boss fight and soulburn summ didn't solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    My pet gets this debuff sometimes you see
    its kind of long
    SEVEN DAYS STUN

GdGd. Really hate this bug , got it during a boss fight and soulburn summ didn't solve it.
    to fix it you need to summon another demon and then the one that had 7 day duration on summoning disorientation (or whatever it's called). resummoning the same one will not work

Signature by Kenz

Quote Originally Posted by Aalyy View Post
    the first heroic dungeons i ever did (at level 80) i used my wand on all trash cuz i thought i was supposed to save mana for the bosses...