Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    They can just, you know, TAKE that money away from them
    But if they don't fix the exploit, it will just happen again. That's his point. The person he quoted was saying that it was stupid to pull the game down for this, when you're solution, simply continuously remove all that gold, would take much longer in the long run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    Because they fixed two bugs that were incredibly severe and abused by a large number of people. Essentially the vendor trick was a method to obtain nearly unlimited amounts of credits and there is another trick to do the same with badges (though I know of no one who has actually done the badge one - I do know the stacking bug).

As in, while people were cry babying pee pants over slicing others where churning hundreds of MILLIONS of credits through shell accounts and using them to buy mats and items since launch. It apparently took this long for Bioware to act because either they could not fix it until now or they had no means to track the behavior.

and yes, I do mean hundreds of millions of credits.

Exploit Early Exploit Often

MODS: Since this has been patched can we post how it was done, yeah some of us know the vendor bug as we reported it in my guild. (and I don't think a patch introduced it, its been around since before slicing nerfs from what I remember)
    I'd check if it is still live before posting servers are back up but I'm stuck in work

6K? lol. At higher levels each skill can cost up to 48K to learn. Speeder 2 (and the mount) is 235K, speeder 3 (and mount) is like 365K. There are numerous speeders that are 1.5MM credits. When I die now my repair bill is over 2K credits. My missions are costing me 2K per run and I can send 5 guys out at a time, so that is 10K per run. If I get an epic mission it is 3,500 per run

6K is nothing. If you are thinking in WoW gold, divide by like 1000, so your 6K is like 6 gold in WoW
    No, I am not thinking about wow gold. In SWTOR, you make an insane amount of credits. By level 20, if I just did BGs the whole time, I would have roughtly 50-100k credits. Just from doing pvp. That's a lot. By the time I get to the point of buying my speeder, without ever touching a profession, I will have enough credits to buy it several times over.

A gold sink is supposed to leave you nearly broke without spending a lot of time doing professions. Considering your crew can take care of profession tasks for you, yes, it is insanely easy to get credits. If I translated the amount of credits I have earned thus far in comparison to wow, I should have probably 500 at the most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    No, I am not thinking about wow gold. In SWTOR, you make an insane amount of credits. By level 20, if I just did BGs the whole time, I would have roughtly 50-100k credits. Just from doing pvp. That's a lot. By the time I get to the point of buying my speeder, without ever touching a profession, I will have enough credits to buy it several times over.

A gold sink is supposed to leave you nearly broke without spending a lot of time doing professions. Considering your crew can take care of profession tasks for you, yes, it is insanely easy to get credits. If I translated the amount of credits I have earned thus far in comparison to wow, I should have probably 500 at the most.
    Pretty sure you've just contradicted yourself.. If you level your crew skills as you level (and don't run Slicing) you will have money problems - especially mission skills (which are essential for the epic end-game crafts) An example to go from 250 --> 251 in Diplomacy it would cost me 1200 per mission, thats a lot of credits. Actually playing your character properly you will find the personal economy bang on. So anyone abusing bugs to get millions of credits are giving themself an insane advantage and skewing the economy for all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    This is why the downtime seems so ridiculous. They take servers down for hours...to fix a few things.
    I beg to differ. This isn't like uploading an mpeg to youtube. I don't even have to strength to say more than that...

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Considering the time it takes to make credits at low level (without using AH or professions), i would say its more like 10k = 1 gold.
    If you consider 1 credit = 1 copper, 100 credits = 1 silver, and 10K credits = 1 gold, I'd say SWTOR ends up be a fairly realistic equivalent of conversion between the two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post

50-100K credits = 5-10 gold at level 20.

Seems like a decent place to be, IMO.

People need to stop looking at leading zeros and assume it's a "huge" amount of money simply because it has a few 0 behind it.

Everything is relative.
    Last edited by Viertel; 2012-01-06 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    They can just, you know, TAKE that money away from them
    I will post whether they did or not later tonight when I log on. I know people who did the trick with the vendors. Even if they take the money from them will they reset the crew skills across all their toons? Take their 230k speeder training and that damn boat they fly?
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by Aquineas View Post
    I do have an issue with your "billions of lines" and "huge chunks" references. You are probably making it out to be bigger than it is...
    Jurassic Park ran on billions of lines of code, Samuel L Jackson said so.