Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakaya_Kilrogg View Post
    I initially took this guide down, as I posted it like 20 minutes after the guide you're referring to (didn't want to step on any toes).

    Here's my stance: Fusion Missile, imo, is NOT worth casting without using Thermal Sensor Override (TSO) before, unless you're AOEing. Now, if you're using Fusion Missile with TSO, it's viable. However, I tend to save TSO for Heatseeker Missiles in my rotation. Heatseeker Missiles, with 5 stacks of Heat Signature, seems a better use of TSO.

    That other fella had a chart with some of the math, so maybe he's right. However, I see bigger numbers with a Heatseeker Missile crit than than damage + DoT from Fusion Missile all the time.

    Fusion Missile Tooltip: 971-1065 kinetic damage, plus 1240 elemental damage over 6 seconds.
    Heatseeker Missile Tooltip: 1483-1570 kinetic damage. Increased by %5 per Heat Signature.

    Now, by those numbers, it certainly looks viable. However, the only way to make it useful is when paired with Thermal Sensor Override. For more than one mob, the damage output of Fusion Missile increases exponentially beyond your other abilities, and should be used if there's only even one additional target in range. (Though, watch aggro and breaking CCs).

    For single targets, I don't. You can, especially if you pop Power Surge to make it instant cast, and you'll do fine. Just NEVER use it for single target without TSO.
    TSO should be clipped with Heatseaker Missiles and not used for it.
    http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/1...p10records.png
    Signature too large, resize please.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Calendra12345 View Post
    TSO should be clipped with Heatseaker Missiles and not used for it.
    Using TSO and Power Surge together to launch a Fusion Missile every time they're up are not only really good DPS, but it's also 2 global cooldowns in which you're not spending any heat at all. So, you're right, I stopped using it for HSM, unless there are CC'd adds or adds the tank may not have enough threat on.

    I would really hate to see a "Bounty Huntard" situation in which people start using Fusion Missile on groups, getting adds, and then blaming the tank for being bad when they weren't focusing.
    Formerly known here as Nakaya_Kilrogg.
    I don't play Nak anymore, I'm not on Kilrogg, and
    I haven't played WoW seriously since the end of LK.

  3. #23
    Over 9000! adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    9,504
    This is my favourite guide...Definatly follow it

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    This is my favourite guide...Definatly follow it
    Thank you. I will, of course, update it whenever there are changes or if addons allow proper theory-crafting with hard numbers.
    Formerly known here as Nakaya_Kilrogg.
    I don't play Nak anymore, I'm not on Kilrogg, and
    I haven't played WoW seriously since the end of LK.

  5. #25
    Excellent guide, i'm in agreement with most of your findings, especially spending the 2 points on the rocket punch knockback, lost count of the times thats saved my ass from a good sabering in the pit

  6. #26
    I'm still in the 40s but Rail Shot, even with 5 stacks, feels so weak to me. Watching bars it doesn't even seem to double the impact of Quick Shots, and is around a quarter of the impact that a Tracer Missiles has. Considering the focus on the ability through our tree, it comes across as completely undertuned at this point, but hopefully they will fix this later on.

  7. #27
    I thoroughly enjoyed this guide. My main is a BH Merc Arsenal-specced, and though I had figured out the whole tracer missile rotation thing, I had not been able to figure out what all the other damn abilities were for and which ones were useful when. I've been playing mmo's for a couple years now, but sometimes my brain can't relate every talent point to each ability like it should. Putting all that information in a concise guide without the heaviness of number-crunching has made me feel like I can succeed at this! Thank you so much!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by KG422 View Post
    I'm still in the 40s but Rail Shot, even with 5 stacks, feels so weak to me. Watching bars it doesn't even seem to double the impact of Quick Shots, and is around a quarter of the impact that a Tracer Missiles has. Considering the focus on the ability through our tree, it comes across as completely undertuned at this point, but hopefully they will fix this later on.
    The thing about Rail Shot is.. it's not your hardest-hitting ability, but it has two very unique advantages.

    1. You can fire it on the move.

    2. The low Heat cost.

    Talented correctly, Rail Shot will only cost you half the heat of Heatseeker Missile (8 heat). The damage-per-heat value, I imagine, is considerable. Especially when you compare them to other abilities I've also seen some pretty high crits with Rail Shot, so don't be so quick to discount it's damage.


    @Renawen. Glad to be of some help.
    Formerly known here as Nakaya_Kilrogg.
    I don't play Nak anymore, I'm not on Kilrogg, and
    I haven't played WoW seriously since the end of LK.

  9. #29
    I wish Adrenaline Rush would be buffed to regenerate 30-40% health or something. Kinda weak atm, and it'd give us some more survivability.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I wish Adrenaline Rush would be buffed to regenerate 30-40% health or something. Kinda weak atm, and it'd give us some more survivability.
    Truth. Even a talent to allow it to do more would be nice.

    While I would never suggest for Arsenal Mercs to try and be dedicated ball-runners or solo door/node guards, sometimes it happens. Your team mates either die, or stupidly run off, or someone throws you the ball at half life. Popping this, using the shield, and then Power Surge + TSO + Rapid Scan has allowed me to hold the line for a considerable amount of time, or get to the goal line when I otherwise wouldn't have been able.

    Still, it does do too little, especially since it's a HoT and not an instant heal.
    Formerly known here as Nakaya_Kilrogg.
    I don't play Nak anymore, I'm not on Kilrogg, and
    I haven't played WoW seriously since the end of LK.

  11. #31
    And especially since it's on a 3 minute cooldown... 3 minute CD for a 15% HoT? Really? :/ It's honestly ridiculous how hard it is to heal ourselves, compared to Sages. I saw a JK Sentinel do a 6.6k heal in a warzone once while doing tons of damage, with about 80k healing overall. I don't understand why a class that doesn't even have an AC or a spec with a healer tree can do more healing than one that does.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    And especially since it's on a 3 minute cooldown... 3 minute CD for a 15% HoT? Really? :/ It's honestly ridiculous how hard it is to heal ourselves, compared to Sages. I saw a JK Sentinel do a 6.6k heal in a warzone once while doing tons of damage, with about 80k healing overall. I don't understand why a class that doesn't even have an AC or a spec with a healer tree can do more healing than one that does.
    http://www.torhead.com/item/gW66Dxg/...water#comments

    I've been using it on my sin, it's a little crazy overpowered item.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    http://www.torhead.com/item/gW66Dxg/...water#comments

    I've been using it on my sin, it's a little crazy overpowered item.
    Does it not share CD with medpacs? Thank you for telling me this <3

    Edit: read comments, it doesn't. That is crazy, going to get it now!
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Does it not share CD with medpacs? Thank you for telling me this <3

    Edit: read comments, it doesn't. That is crazy, going to get it now!
    It's only out of combat, though. But if you completely strip your toon, then gear it up right as the fight starts and use it you get 2 free medals.

  15. #35
    nice guide, very helpful!

  16. #36
    why do people keep referring to mercs as glass cannons? this confuses me

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    why do people keep referring to mercs as glass cannons? this confuses me
    Probably because any class with an interrupt can make you look like an idiot and wipe the floor with you. (not much you can do while interrupted and unload is on cd). also classes like sorcerors can dish out insane amount of dmg that will rape your face before your cd is back after 1 or 2 interrupts.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    Probably because any class with an interrupt can make you look like an idiot and wipe the floor with you. (not much you can do while interrupted and unload is on cd). also classes like sorcerors can dish out insane amount of dmg that will rape your face before your cd is back after 1 or 2 interrupts.
    This. The term Heavy Armor really is misleading for the Merc. I think it's more for appearance than actual durability. Unless your shield is going, it's very easy to focus and own a Merc, especially if TM is interrupted. Also, try soloing an equally geared, equally skilled melee class if they manage to close on you and resolve/CD off your knockbacks. Game over, quickly.
    Formerly known here as Nakaya_Kilrogg.
    I don't play Nak anymore, I'm not on Kilrogg, and
    I haven't played WoW seriously since the end of LK.

  19. #39
    Yeah I mean I love our damage but our survivability is shit... wtb something to save us from melee. Shadows are a bitch
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Yeah I mean I love our damage but our survivability is shit... wtb something to save us from melee. Shadows are a bitch
    you have it .. spec into extra distance from jet boost and spec into the knockback on punches.

    But ultimately you're better off pvping as pyro than arsenal. Pyro has a talent that adds a snare to your 0 heat rapidshots. spam that after a knockback and kite away. also you can litteraly laugh at arsenal mercenaries. get terrain to internve with and pop in and out with your instant dot, gernade, railshot .. wham target down atleast 40-60% of his health and he won't have gotten 1 single shot on you. (maybe 1).

    I've noticed most classes that can remove the fire dot from incindiary missle won't .. free dmg. i try remove it asap. keep that cleanse hotkeyed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •