Deleted

Molten Core doesn't need a raid group for some reason.

Any idea why?

since when? I've always needed to grab a guildy to get into MC o.o

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

Noticed this the other day when a guild member said they removed it.

However, it is the only old world raid that seems to have had the req removed.

Deleted
    Well, Molten core does need a raid group, but if you use the blood elf NPC to enter, you can enter alone. However if you want to use the lave window or the entrance to BRD you still need a raid. I guess they just changed the way the NPC behaves accidently.

If you are attuned just speak to the npc which gives the attunement quest and you're in. Same goes for Blackwing Lair

10+ Year Old Account
    Wich saves a lot of time wasted to look for 1 person to enter a raid . They should make this for every 60, 70 + raid (yes even kara).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Presumably because you don't walk through a portal. I'm also presuming it's a bug that started in 4.3. I'm also hoping they don't fix it.

Normally I do MC when no one else is really online, so it's hard to get someone to group with me, and then when people are online, I want to do other things with them. Same goes with other Raids, especially Kara, I'd love for them to remove the group requirement.

Yeah, I noticed this in 4.3. Not sure why I tried to enter without a raid, probably just habit. :/

Confirmed... works if you talk to Lothos too

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Wich saves a lot of time wasted to look for 1 person to enter a raid . They should make this for every 60, 70 + raid (yes even kara).
    They should make this for every raid, especially since many of them have vendors as well as rep/quest turn in NPCs inside the entrance of the raid.

Not sure why they still have the "must be in a raid to enter" nonsense, considering many of the 70 and lower raids can be fully or partially solo'd, and once you're in the zone, you have the other person leave the raid, and now you're solo anyway. It's just an inconvenience now.

oh cheers for this i didn't actually know, saves me logging spare account now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same with blackwing lair apparently, I havent tested it. But heard people mention it the last few weeks.
    With MC, even in a group you will not enter the same raid however. Without converting to raid first, tried that yesterday.

I just wish they would make every raid not require a raid group, it's an annoyance. Not always someone that have time to be in raid with you, since while in a raid you cant do any quests, queue for other things (duh) etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Works with BWL, too. I'm thinking maybe you can do this with raids that don't have separate (10/25) versions. Didn't work with Naxx, so.

Conversely, be aware that using the NPC while in a raid with the RL saved to MC will save you _without a warning_. Zoned in, walked to the first boss, noticed he was dead, checked my ID and was saved to a full clear.

<Static> is 6/8H on a 3 day/week schedule and is recruiting one ROGUE and one WARLOCK. Click for details!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Works with BWL, too. I'm thinking maybe you can do this with raids that don't have separate (10/25) versions. Didn't work with Naxx, so.
    I think it's because you don't walk through a portal to get to either of them. BWL you click on the Orb which portals you, and MC you talk to Lothos who portals you. 4.3 must've created a bug where those Teleports wouldn't check your Group status.

Deleted
    good to know , probly a bug that will get fixed anytime soon i guess, thought it will make me not spam for someone to inv to make a raid group for some time ..
    (just gief me the god damn eye raggy )

Deleted
    Could it be related to the way LFR groups are created? They removed the Raid group requirements when being teleported, so everyone one assigned to the LFR group gets ported into the instance and then auto invited into the raid. Does that make sence at all?

I can't remember what happened last time I was teleported to a LFR, if raid frames flashed up before loading screen or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Any idea why?
    Surprised nobody has mentioned this but Leatrix Plus lets you to remove the raid restrictions (the level 10+ requirement). Get it on Wowinterface.com.

Sign up for a free Wow starter account and use Leatrix Plus with it (with the option enabled to remove raid restrictions).

Logon to your normal account and the starter account same time (on same PC, doesn't matter) and make a raid group with your main account and a level 1 from the starter account. Then just press alt/f4 on the starter account and set loot to free for all. If it don't let you change to raid, just reload the UI on the starter account.

Doddle. Enter any raid you want without any help from anyone.

i've been using it for years. For anyone who says it's against the ToS to bypass raid rules or whatever, read the overview (link on the addon page).

Deleted
    Been doing this for weeks if not months now, thought it always worked like that due to being attuned :s