Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    this better be a bad joke
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    but staying pretty is hard work and takes a lot of torture.
    Erm, no. You just don't need to eat like a pig. Watch your diet. That's all.

And I'm old and speak from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Just because men have it harder than accepted doesn't mean it's fair to downplay the difficulties women have.
    Where in the OP are the difficulties of women being downplayed? Are you really so insecure that when you look at a list of things that frustrate men you have to add but but but women think of the women. If anything you proved the OP right by turning a humorous male pity party into a think of the women statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Where in the OP are the difficulties of women being downplayed? Are you really so insecure that when you look at a list of things that frustrate men you have to add but but but women think of the women. If anything you proved the OP right by turning a humorous male pity party into a think of the women statement.
    Have you read the thread? People saying childbirth isn't as painful as advertised and women have it so easy with their looks. I know from observation my wife has it harder than me to appear "good" to the world - I shave maybe every other day and brush my teeth and wear nice smelly stuff, job done. I can get ready in the time it takes for her to wash her hair.

The entire OP is partially mocking women - such as them being "allowed" to be boring, ugly, slutty and selfish. We all know that society doesn't agree with that.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Any girl that WANTS to depend on a man is a fucking idiot. This is the year of 2012 ffs, not 300.

I don't expect to be treated like a princess, and that gets me ''weird'' looks from some men, sometimes as well.
    Shame, life was so much easier in 300. Hugely because of this.

Deleted
    OH this made my day. So funny! xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    The following ones are true.

- Divorce (Girls seem to constantly underplay or underestimate just how badly divorce can ruin a man's life. If you ever get asked to sign a prenup, rest assured there's a damn good reason)
    The reason for this is usually so the man wouldn't run away with some younger woman and leave the wife with nothing but the children. Usually it is the wife who has to stay home, sacrifice their career and if there is a divorce, the wife has no CV, not much job experience etc. If the wife works too, then she helped to buy the stuff and half of it rightfully hers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post

"Being pretty is hard work and takes a lot of torture"? Really? Here is how the sexes differ in how they're expected to look good (at least for the opposite sex).

Women: Keep in shape (usually by running) with an "eat to live, don't live to eat" diet. Wear makeup and take care of your hair. If you're not going out, you don't even have to put on makeup.
    Men: Structure your entire diet around protein-based intake for building/maintaining "just the right" amount of muscle (not too much and not too little). Also strength training at least 4 times a week. If you're not going out, you still have to work out and eat the proper diet.

Which one really sounds more controlled to you?

Women have it way easier than you seem to think. The ONLY disadvantage to being a woman in today's society is that women seem to have issues cooperating and getting along with each other. Even the tightest female friendships seem to be tenuous at best compared to men's.
    Are you serious with that? How many men actually do that? A few athletes maybe. Your average man does nothing of a sort.. even going to gym once a week is usually too much to ask. Men just have a naturally better physique and don't look absolutely horrible without the "procedures" or decent physical workout.

Women on the other hand have to take care of their skin, body hair, cellulite (older) and other such things as well as fat stacking in the wrong places. Of course women can just let go too like men but unlike men they get treated as whales and beasts and laughed at while fat gross men are considered as standard and normal.

Deleted
    The funny thing is pretty much all of those boxes are filled in from the male point of view. So it's utterly biased...

Female masturbation is "hot" from the point of view of males for obvious reasons. But to say it's socially acceptable to talk about it is a bit silly...
    And if you get the response "you're already getting sex, stop complaining" when you complain about not getting any attention at valentines day, guess what, you're in a very unbalanced relationship. If your girlfriend says that to you she clearly doesn't value you very highly, and ultimately the relationship will fail quickly because of that. Relationships don't work if one person doesn't give a shit about the other. There has to be mutual feelings there..

And some of the boxes are just made up. "You're a loser if you masturbate". What? That one's just not true full stop. Playing certain video games is completely acceptable for males these days so that ones not completely true either. Some things like anime are considered girly yes, but then again if a woman was a butch weightlifter a lot of guys would think of her as odd as well. In fact they'd probably call her a lesbian.

I can't help but think that all of these examples are just quotes from when you hang around your MALE friends. Most of them are JOKES and not to be taken seriously. It's like making a post "Women are so oppressed" and citing a kitchen joke from your friend as evidence for it. You're just taking things seriously that were never meant to be taken seriously.

Of course there are some unfair double standards as far as gender goes, but OP's post just trivializes these very real issues with all the bullsht and just looks like pure misogyny. Male victims of rape, male victims of domestic violence, the unbalance between males and females in child custody and divorce cases being the 1st issues that come to mind. Those are issues that need to be addressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason for this is usually so the man wouldn't run away with some younger woman and leave the wife with nothing but the children. Usually it is the wife who has to stay home, sacrifice their career and if there is a divorce, the wife has no CV, not much job experience etc. If the wife works too, then she helped to buy the stuff and half of it rightfully hers anyway.
    Because, you know, women never run off with another man right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marimba View Post
    Because, you know, women never run off with another man right?
    What does that matter? The property is divided mostly fairly.. doesn't matter who cheated or who wanted a divorce. If you read what I wrote then you would have understood that while married, the couple works as a team to acquire the wealth even if the mans salary pays for it, the woman has to do other things that might not pay at all but are useful or even vital for the family. And if the man was happy with it till the divorce then he shouldn't complain..

Deleted
    Jesus.....people are so butthurt about this?

Yes some of it is true and some stereotypical, but really? People actually got offended by this? It's intended to be funny.

Discussing this.....no need.

Deleted
    Have you read the thread? People saying childbirth isn't as painful as advertised and women have it so easy with their looks. I know from observation my wife has it harder than me to appear "good" to the world - I shave maybe every other day and brush my teeth and wear nice smelly stuff, job done. I can get ready in the time it takes for her to wash her hair.

The entire OP is partially mocking women - such as them being "allowed" to be boring, ugly, slutty and selfish. We all know that society doesn't agree with that.
    You didn't charm your wife with your sense humor I take? =]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janzor View Post
    You didn't charm your wife with your sense humor I take? =]
    My primary feature. That and my intensely serious philosophical side
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does that matter? The property is divided mostly fairly.. doesn't matter who cheated or who wanted a divorce. If you read what I wrote then you would have understood that while married, the couple works as a team to acquire the wealth even if the mans salary pays for it, the woman has to do other things that might not pay at all but are useful or even vital for the family. And if the man was happy with it till the divorce then he shouldn't complain..
    Could possibly just be the wording of your previous post, but it sounded like you were implying that men are somehow more likely to cheat.

I agree there is some truth there but overall women have it FAR worse.
    no they dont.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

I see you didn't understand what I said so I will try again. This is a topic about frustrations men have, and while humorous it is not an attack on women. Making comments like you did about being fair by not downplaying the frustrations of women is pointless in this thread. If you want to talk about the frustrations of women make a thread about that.

As for did I read the thread? Yes, I did how else do you think I got to your post complaining that not enough attention was being given to the women?

To your comment on childbirth I would say for some women it is as painful as advertised and others not as painful as advertised. Some women I have talked said it was the most painful thing they ever experienced, and others who have had kids have said the pain was nothing to complain about. Others have said kidney stones were many times more painful than giving birth. So in the end the pain is subjective and hardly something that matters in this thread.

Speaking of something that is subjective let us talk about appearance. I would say you are right on that to a certain extent, but it isn't to say that everyone goes to the same lengths that you and your wife do. There are plenty of women that can be ready in a short amount of time just as there are plenty of men out there that spend hours in front of the mirror every morning getting ready. Honestly the subject of appearance and what one has to do to get ready everyday (let us be honest here) to make themselves feel good as opposed to what is actually required is rather petty.

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP is clearly an attack on women. Read it again. It's humorous and pithy and tongue-in-cheek, but as the thread has evolved people have used it as a way to beat women around.

Instead of "God, it takes me an hour every morning to get ready" it's become "women don't take as long as we think."

See the difference? If you want to complain, do so - but don't mock or patronise what women have to go through to make you feel better. To me that is what sounds insecure here, being incapable of looking at one's self without having to compare and insult others.

The OP is clearly an attack on women. Read it again. It's humorous and pithy and tongue-in-cheek, but as the thread has evolved people have used it as a way to beat women around.

Instead of "God, it takes me an hour every morning to get ready" it's become "women don't take as long as we think."

See the difference? If you want to complain, do so - but don't mock or patronise what women have to go through to make you feel better. To me that is what sounds insecure here, being incapable of looking at one's self without having to compare and insult others.
    make us feel better? what are they doing to make us feel better? I'm a little lost here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

Deleted

Dear god, please, go play the internet hero somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    make us feel better? what are they doing to make us feel better? I'm a little lost here.
    It's making some people in here feel better to insult women, rather than focusing on why society is unfair on men. It's aiming impotent rage at the wrong group and in some cases implying women have it easier, when that is just clearly false.

Dear god, please, go play the internet hero somewhere else.
    No. If you don't like the truth, don't read it.