Taris as Empire and Republic

So I've reached Taris (32-36) on my Bounty Hunter now as well, and was amazed to see that's it's actually the exact same zones most of them, as on the republic side (16-20).

That's fine and all, and I might have just missed something, but I'm just wondering...

Is the Empire there after the Repulic's questing, lorewise, or before? Or is it just lazy development and there's not story to it? A lot of the questing hubs and 'settlement/city's' are the same, they just belong to the Empire now instead of the Republic.

Again, it might've just been me who missed something, but I really want to know :]

Thanks

Quoted from SWTOR forums:

Balmorra is also similar. Empire goes there early, and then Republic goes there in their 30s. I believe the idea is that Republic wins on Balmorra, and Empire wins on Taris.
    (This is not official information, just seemed like the most concise observation relevant to your question)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the Empire quests take place after the Republic ones. Pretty much all the gains the Republic makes on Taris are complete undone by the Empire. It makes sense, seeing as Taris is practically on the Empire's doorstep and all.

Oh, and the Empire and Republic DO NOT share hubs on Taris. In fact:

*SPOILER*

The final Imperial quests there have you assaulting the Republic spaceport. So, yeah, definitely not the same quest hubs.

some areas are ones you visit. it seems very obvious it takes place after I mean one you got to around 16 and the other after 30. there is continuity here. it seems you weren't paying attention if you see no story to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    Oh, and the Empire and Republic DO NOT share hubs on Taris.
    I never said they shared all hubs, just a lot of them, which they do :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    it seems you weren't paying attention if you see no story to it.
    I did state I might have missed something ;-)

Thanks to all for the replies. It makes a lot of sense like this and I'm sad to see all my progress on my Jedi on Taris gone to waste a bit later :-)