Deleted

Day / Night Time

Is there no day/night in SWTOR? Is it always day/night on some planets? Now I know some science geeks will explain this isn't Earth therefore day and night differs drastically BUT we have seen various planets during night/day onscreen, can we view Tattooine at night?

The position of the sun never seems to change on any planet, as far as I know.

Can't find a source, but I remember something from like 2 years ago where they said they were not going to try and implement a day/night system for the planets.

Tatooine has almost no nighttime anyways with two suns. Sometimes the positions of the suns shift and you'll get no night cycle or a longer one. Many planets have 'anomalies' in their day/night cycle like this. Another example would be Dromund Kaas - it has a lot of cloud cover and storms and giant jungles so you wouldn't really notice nighttime there as it would just be slightly darker than usual, really. Can't blame BW for not implementing something of the sort. =B

Quote Originally Posted by Milune View Post
    Tatooine has almost no nighttime anyways with two suns. Sometimes the positions of the suns shift and you'll get no night cycle or a longer one. Many planets have 'anomalies' in their day/night cycle like this.
    This was pretty much their reason, I did try to google it but I don't think it exists any more, unless it was a question asked at convention, but thats alot of video to check to provide 1 bit of info , too much effort into going to predict the movements of the suns and planets to make it realistic instead of just a 9pm-7am darkness regardless of the logic.

Deleted
    Would be a bit complicated to implement a system for every planet considering that not every planet would follow a 24hour cycle :P

Indeed, Curnbabs. Although most people of the galaxy measure time based on the Galactic Standard Calendar, even though many, many planets have extremely variable day/night cycles. It could very well be 2300 hours on Dantooine, but it's probably still light out, heh. Depending on which planet you've grown up on and your race, you could need little sleep over a longer period of time, but most people still rest after a certain amount of hours for a certain amount of time.

For anyone who wants to know more about the Galactic Standard Calendar and it's time measurements, see this link: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galac...ndard_Calendar

In the galaxy:

60 seconds = 1 minute
    60 minutes = 1 hour
    24 hours = 1 day
    5 days = 1 week
    7 weeks = 1 month
    35 days = 1 month
    368 days = 1 year
    10 months + 3 festival weeks + 3 holidays = 1 year
    The big difference is that weeks are five days and there are seven weeks to a month. Hope that helps with even more reasons why it's a pretty big deal to do day/night cycles around the galaxy. =B

Deleted
    Actually they said that they didn't want to implant a day/night cyrcle as to make the planets most atmospheric. They wanted to have Dromund Kaas always at dusk raining and Nar Shadaa at night, to give more the feeling of a space Las Vegas

Ah, that is a good thought, too. Atmosphere is important! =]