Thread: Hc Yorsahj tank

Hc Yorsahj tank

Druid or pally better tank for this? i know dk tanks are the best but tank set for dk isnt geared that great atm. ty for the input. this would be with a Hpally and Rshammy heals.
    Wiiheals - Trollbane

Deleted
    Protection paladin with glyphed divine protection and TB trinket is extremely well for this fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid works fine, gotta stack stamina though or the void bolt will be your end.

I tank it and seem to survive as well as our prot warrior. It is also very helpful to have the druid 4 piece be someone with stamina stacked, helps a TON on alternating purple phases.

Deleted
    well myself im a agility geared tank druid and i tanked hc yor this week, though i took quite some dmg, with cooldowns and decent healers, its quite doable.

Paladin will probably do better, between TB trinket and glyphed DP alone you can keep a cd up for bolts 3->6.

Deleted
    We used a Protadin and we killed it in 12 tries, We only wiped when our healers overhealed our tank with a purple debuff besides that we didn't have any problem using a protadin

Deleted
    Druid is better for sure - They self heal + self absorb which doesn't give a stack when you have purple, got more stamina and they got barksin, suvival instincts and frenzy rregen which they can rotate for every new add phase.

They also do a fuckton of more DPS than a paladin which is a plus if you're having problems with DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotbotdotcom View Post
    Druid is better for sure - They self heal + self absorb which doesn't give a stack when you have purple, got more stamina and they got barksin, suvival instincts and frenzy rregen which they can rotate for every new add phase.

They also do a fuckton of more DPS than a paladin which is a plus if you're having problems with DPS.
    I'd say palas are better, since they got glyphed divine prot, bubble, and Word of glory. (Oh and LoH ofc)

Why not run both? Druid can pull nearly as much dps as he would in a dps spec, just run cat gear (in other words, don't stam stack, don't dodge stack). Would let you reset void bolt stacks, give you a second set of tank CDs, and cost you very little dps.
    Unless you're bumping right up on the enrage timer or your druid has no clue how to bearcat, that's what I'd recommend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Why not run both? Druid can pull nearly as much dps as he would in a dps spec, just run cat gear (in other words, don't stam stack, don't dodge stack). Would let you reset void bolt stacks, give you a second set of tank CDs, and cost you very little dps.
    Unless you're bumping right up on the enrage timer or your druid has no clue how to bearcat, that's what I'd recommend.
    Why? No need for bearcat, just... go cat. 3 tanks on Heroic Yor'sahj seems very silly to me, even if one of them bearcats.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Why? No need for bearcat, just... go cat. 3 tanks on Heroic Yor'sahj seems very silly to me, even if one of them bearcats.
    Where does it say pally/druid as the 2nd tank? Wouldn't make sense to bring in the undergeared DK if he's not gonna single tank, just tank with the pally/druid.

And why (going to your first post) would a druid tank need to stack stam to survive 2-tanking 10-man heroic yor'sahj (OP specifically mentions 2 heals, so 10 man, not 25)? 1-tanking maybe, but you obviously were assuming as a second tank if you think I'm recommending 3.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2012-01-07 at 06:25 AM.