Thread: stupid bug

Deleted

stupid bug

finished a quest and the holocommunicator came up. but if i click on it. i can hear a message but nothing shows.. my guy just repeats the animations with his hands of opening it.. i cant move. its stuck in place.

/stuck doesn't work.

iv re-logged still the same. :/ anyone else encountered this bug

edit. quest is http://www.swtorhub.com/db/quests/452410380124160

and its the last bit that's bugged
    Last edited by mmoc50cda6f559; 2012-01-06 at 09:40 PM.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried backing out of the conversation by hitting ESC, then restarting it?

Deleted
    yep tried everything.

esc,

restarting game,

logging in and out,

its on a loop of just repeating the animation i cant move at all :/

such a stupid bug my god

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you aren't stuck in the animation when you log in, I would just submit a ticket. If you are stuck in the animation the second you log in, create an alt and submit a ticket from that character.

Deleted
    sent a ticket in. just got that stupid auto response..

this is bullshit..

cant finish class quest.. pffff

Abandon Quest, get it again and try. Something to do while waiting for ticket to get answered anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Abandon Quest, get it again and try. Something to do while waiting for ticket to get answered anyway.
    Abandoning a class quest is generally impossible.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pleaserelax View Post
    Abandoning a class quest is generally impossible.
    I think you can abandon the class quests, just not the bonus series quests and/or the phasing quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    I think you can abandon the class quests, just not the bonus series quests and/or the phasing quests.
    There may be some you can abandon that are actually initiated by talking to an NPC, but for the most part you cannot abandon class quests.

OP, if the quest is in a phased area, try resetting the phase. I've had quests bug before and that has worked.
    Last edited by pleaserelax; 2012-01-06 at 09:39 PM.

u cant abandon quest but u can try to hit the reset button on the mission and see if that works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ferbguy7 View Post
    try typing /stuck?
    like iv said in 2 posts. iv tried /stuck and does nothing,

cant abandon but can reset lets see if it bugs again :/

---------- Post added 2012-01-06 at 10:05 PM ----------

oh dear god.

i reset it. said to go to ship to start it all again using the intercom on ship,

did that. went back to planet,

went to where its telling me to go. shows quest on map

where i start it

the guy is there but when i click on him he just says same thing that he said when it was bugged,,

its totally fu*ked :/
    Last edited by mmoc50cda6f559; 2012-01-06 at 10:19 PM.

Exactly the same problem here, with class quest from IA in Dromund Kaas "Das Geheimnis des Sklaven" (german client, don't know the name in english).

damn that's a brutal bug. if all else fails, and ya it's gonna be a kick in the nuts, uninstall client and re install files. it might be a corrupted sound file, texture or some jazz like that. but hopefully BW can resolve this issue via instant internet and not carrier pigeon, know what i mean. (reminds me of the epic Skyrim, game destroying bugs)
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

Deleted
    its still bugged after all these months 10 tickets. talked to 2 GMs. they said they sent it to the developers and nothing they can do..

they said I somehow got 2 class quests at the same time, somehow it gave me the follow-up quest of the one that bugged and as you cant abandon class quests. its just totally fucked :/

good job i wasnt waiting for them to fix it. from it bugged iv levelled 2 others to 50 a 22 OP and a 37 Assassin, but i want to pay my SORC . its bullshit
    Last edited by mmoc50cda6f559; 2012-03-02 at 10:13 PM.