Thread: JK Sent tree's

JK Sent tree's

I have a 46 sent and have lvl'ed with a sage healer, has been really good so far as combat. I was wondering if there is a better dps tree? I am on a pvp server so burst does help while questing, and it seems like I am lacking this when Bladestorm is not up.

So I ask my fellow jedi what tree are you using for sent, and why?

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd just like someone to explain to me the differences of each sentinel tree, which one focuses on what etc.

Deleted
    I am playing Watchman for PvP at the minute and loving it. Zen is a lot more effective with this spec as your DoTs will always crit when its up and (if your specced correctly) will heal you for a nice amount while there critting. Because building up Centering is super easy, Zen stays up A LOT resulting in a nice damage.

I convinced my friend to try Watchman after he only played Combat the whole of leveling. He won't be going back to combat now he's tried it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ash1ey View Post
    I am playing Watchman for PvP at the minute and loving it. Zen is a lot more effective with this spec as your DoTs will always crit when its up and (if your specced correctly) will heal you for a nice amount while there critting. Because building up Centering is super easy, Zen stays up A LOT resulting in a nice damage.

I convinced my friend to try Watchman after he only played Combat the whole of leveling. He won't be going back to combat now he's tried it
    im a jedi knight at 27 (soon 28) that is combat, what is actully so "good" about watchmen? could any1 explain the mechanics off the spec and stuff?

Basically, Watchman is a bleed spec, you get Cauterize up on a high uptime, if not 100, get healed for every time it crits as well as the ability to kite/bleed someone to death. Wheras Combat is a more physical spec, you rarely use Cauterize, it's only just better than a Blade Rush/Strike on overall damage as you don't have the points to go deep into Watchman as well as pick up Blade Rush.

Combat's DPS is better when the target doesn't move and better yet, when it isn't attacking you. Watchman's damage is better if the target doesn't move, but you're still doing your damage while the target is at a distance (dots). It's a matter of preference; I never quite liked Feral Druids in WoW so I'm not a fan of Watchman spec, while I've played Fury/Frost/Ret/Combat and raided on all of them so I associate more with Combat.

Focus is the shared, mostly, pvp spec for JK's. I don't know how good it is in PvE and I'm unlikely to try it considering most of the abilities and talents are to do with control, as opposed to both of the other specs focusing on DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    im a jedi knight at 27 (soon 28) that is combat, what is actully so "good" about watchmen? could any1 explain the mechanics off the spec and stuff?
    Pretty much what the guys reply below your's said.

In PvP a lot of classes will try to kite you but with your bleeds up, your still doing damage if they do manage to get away. At the same time your getting heals from these bleeds if there critting.

It really comes down to preference, you should have a play with all specs to see what you prefer.

I read this as "JFK sent me trees" for some reason.

I was pumped to find out what kind of tree he sent. I was hoping for maple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    Basically, Watchman is a bleed spec, you get Cauterize up on a high uptime, if not 100, get healed for every time it crits as well as the ability to kite/bleed someone to death. Wheras Combat is a more physical spec, you rarely use Cauterize, it's only just better than a Blade Rush/Strike on overall damage as you don't have the points to go deep into Watchman as well as pick up Blade Rush.

Combat's DPS is better when the target doesn't move and better yet, when it isn't attacking you. Watchman's damage is better if the target doesn't move, but you're still doing your damage while the target is at a distance (dots). It's a matter of preference; I never quite liked Feral Druids in WoW so I'm not a fan of Watchman spec, while I've played Fury/Frost/Ret/Combat and raided on all of them so I associate more with Combat.

Focus is the shared, mostly, pvp spec for JK's. I don't know how good it is in PvE and I'm unlikely to try it considering most of the abilities and talents are to do with control, as opposed to both of the other specs focusing on DPS.
    well thx a load for that <3 but y i havent tried feral much in wow and my mains are all melee + a hunter (the druid i have is boomkin/resto) so i went the combat spec since it felt more "me" but still confused what the prio for abilites is at 30-ish for knight made a own thread bout that http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Prio-question but no awnsers yet on that -.-

at level 50 Watchmen is the best dps spec overall, combat is "ok" it has good burst while watchmen takes a little longer to build up damage but while reviewing it myself and others posts watchmen get's you a better damage output overall at level 50..

It all comes down to what you like though

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    so i went the combat spec since it felt more "me" but still confused what the prio for abilites is at 30-ish for knigh
    It's like:

Zealous Strike(If Focus <=2) > Strike(If Focus <= 2) > Precision Slash > Master Strike(With PS Buff) > Dispatch(With PS Buff) > Blade Storm(With CT up) > Blade Rush(No BR buff active) > Zealous Strike(If Focus >=5) > Master Strike > Dispatch > Blade Storm > Blade Rush > Strike

Dispatch = Execute, and it costs the same as Blade Rush, though Dispatch has a 6s CD so past 20% you switch each one you use to burn excess Focus. You will need 3 Focus to cast these, but talented right they both refund 1 lowering the overall cost. That is as close to a rotation as I can guess currently. I've still 6 more levels to go, but judging from what I've read and what I've got currently this seems like a logical priority list.

I don't include Cauterize because I just don't find myself using it often enough to really include it. If you want to use it, use it between BR's before 20%, afterwards you won't have the focus to keep using cauterize while maximising Dispatch CD's and keeoing up Blade Rush.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    It's like:

Zealous Strike(If Focus <=2) > Strike(If Focus <= 2) > Precision Slash > Master Strike(With PS Buff) > Dispatch(With PS Buff) > Blade Storm(With CT up) > Blade Rush(No BR buff active) > Zealous Strike(If Focus >=5) > Master Strike > Dispatch > Blade Storm > Blade Rush > Strike

Dispatch = Execute, and it costs the same as Blade Rush, though Dispatch has a 6s CD so past 20% you switch each one you use to burn excess Focus. You will need 3 Focus to cast these, but talented right they both refund 1 lowering the overall cost. That is as close to a rotation as I can guess currently. I've still 6 more levels to go, but judging from what I've read and what I've got currently this seems like a logical priority list.

I don't include Cauterize because I just don't find myself using it often enough to really include it. If you want to use it, use it between BR's before 20%, afterwards you won't have the focus to keep using cauterize while maximising Dispatch CD's and keeoing up Blade Rush.
    well thank you <3 love u