Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    The more elaborate the accusations get and the growing number of media organizations that fall under the umbrella of "paid" to give a good review, the less and less likely people will believe this stuff. In fact if you throw in that actual just normal every day like the game and enjoy playing it, and are posting reviews that lead to that much or expressing thoughts along those lines, then their conspiracy gets fairly massive. Usual justifications include were fanbois, its a honeymoon, the media is bought and sold to review the game, and so forth in an ever growing and ever widening conspiracy. I have a much more simple and likely answer, and to borrow an axiom, the simplest answers are usually the correct ones. The answer is star wars is a good game and people like it. If that is to bitter and your experience does not match with that, well then I'm very sorry for you.
    Basically we should just stick to accusing you of being paid to counter argument anyone who does not like/ has a less then happy comment about it, seeing as EVERY thread that someone might post in that makes SWTOR less then orgasmic you are commenting agianst their posts in?
    Get over it, reviews tend to be skewed by personal preference up to actually getting kickback. It happens, AND there is nothing worng with assuming that, esp based on how a company goes. RIFT was an 8.5, it shows how this company buys into generated hype.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Opinions are opinions and that is all reviews are is opinions. There is no way for a human to objectively judge how good a game is or isn't and its all subjective. If you take any review rating seriously then you are not thinking for yourself. I know of many games that a review would be 9 or 10 out of 10 but the games are drull short and uninteresting, while I know of ones they would rate 5 out of 10 which where much better. Only thing you can really take with less of a grain of salt from one is if the UI feels clunky for the system it is one, even then its subjective but at least more people agree on something like that.

As far as the ratings go hell the scale is 7-10 rather then 1-10, 9-10 being what that person liked, 8 being "so so" and 7 being the person hated, they don't even give 1's or 2's anymore they are to scared it might piss off one of their customers and so give everything a good review number regardless of quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    As far as the ratings go hell the scale is 7-10 rather then 1-10, 9-10 being what that person liked, 8 being "so so" and 7 being the person hated, they don't even give 1's or 2's anymore they are to scared it might piss off one of their customers and so give everything a good review number regardless of quality.
    IGN has given more sub 7 reviews than those over 9. Your opinion on the statistics is reflected by the fact that most people don't read reviews of crappy games nor do crappy games often send a press copy to the reviewers. Check the score of the uber hyped game that had ads all over IGN for weeks in Duke Nukem Forever. It looks like getting a 5.5 did not stop them from advertising the hell out of the game on IGN's site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Basically we should just stick to accusing you of being paid to counter argument anyone who does not like/ has a less then happy comment about it, seeing as EVERY thread that someone might post in that makes SWTOR less then orgasmic you are commenting agianst their posts in?
    Get over it, reviews tend to be skewed by personal preference up to actually getting kickback. It happens, AND there is nothing worng with assuming that, esp based on how a company goes. RIFT was an 8.5, it shows how this company buys into generated hype.
    Basically we should just stick to accusing you of being paid to be counter argument anyone who does like the game game, seeing that every thread that you post in usually has some negative spin on it often not based in facts.

Get over it, you can either believe in the vast conspiracy theories that has the entire media paid (EA went out of its way to pay the ilustrious GAMEBLOG.FR to give the game a solid review) and further believe that any normal average person who likes it is either a fanboi, blind, or a paid shill for ACTI/BLIZZ... *cough* EA/BW my bad. You can either believe that or you can understand the game is good.

As for RIFT. RIFT is actually a really good game, if SWTOR didn't come out I'd be playing RIFT.

Deleted
    Although I do love SW:TOR I can't believe IGN, they've been too biased in past tenses.