So as some of you may know, CCP is developing an MMO set in White Wolf`s World of Darkness. The game is currently in pre-production.
We do know the game will be based on Vampire: The Masquerade and "will have a focus on player politics and social interaction."
The seven playable clans are: Toreador, Gangrel, Ventrue, Nosferatu, Malkavian, Tremere and Brujah.
You may want to follow this site for future new info.
Animatic Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEi7nQbNDog
First ingame footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za3e6...ature=youtu.be
They defined the 3 types of game play;
- Coffeehouse - the social aspect, low to no conflict, casual or social player focused
- Theme park - The spirit of WoD, politics, backstabbing, etc
- Sandbox - Primary focus, the biggest part of the game, control cities (prince)
- Intense hand to hand (HtH) combat
- Vicious politics; players vote for other players for positions (like prince)
- Fashion; lots of styles and options
- Aiming for stunning visuals that age well
- They feel no pressure for peaks in vampire fads (like twilight) they feel vampires have and always will be popular peaks aside. Thus the fads have no influence on their game design. As they feel it is a mistake to jump on the peak bandwagons.
- WoD was formed from the remains of a secret undisclosed project they were working on ~2005 they decided to change and move it over to the WoD MMO.
- The game world will mostly be fictional places and landmarks but use real world city names, to quote "(we will) be using stylised versions, but they will be named after real cities.".
- Due to power vacuum low population cities will be attractive to others, thus they feel there will not be much of a issue with some cities being over populated and others a ghost town as in other MMO's. CCP Chris also hinted on day 1 there will be a system in place to distro the population evenly to start.
- Permadeath will work differently then the PnP game but permadeath is in.
- Have little doubt will be rated M on release.
- Cities will have types of "territory markers" to separate different supernatural types.
- A question about what clans will start went from the clear "7 clans" at TGM 2011 to now "the originals" and they seemed to stumble around this question and deflected a bit. I got the distinct feeling they may be considering the "original" 13.
- They implied the cam vs. sabbat theme is being considered.
- Main goals in the game is to amass blood and territory.
- Generation will NOT be used as a replacement for level. But the stat will be used in some way.
- When asked about crafting they downplayed it quite a bit. It did not sound as if there will be much in the way of crafting. They answered by saying players will "not be able to sew your own clothes". They also down played possible weapon making. Saying most kindred will fight using their innate abilities.
- Everyone starts as a mortal, becoming kindred is optional and can not be forced on you. You can play he entire game as a mortal only.
- Casual players will find the game accessible but hard core players will have a much deeper experience and more rewards/benefits.
- NO day/night cycle, only night.
- Humanity and Masquerade are stats.
- Players will have havens.
- ONLY kindred on release of game, no were's, mages, etc. However those other supernaturals may be used in a NPC fashion or/and their lore appear in game.
- Dynamic NPC missions/World events