Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I'd say the WB's stupid shows (or is "The CW" now?) are worse. There's like four or five damn TV shows featuring vampires that aren't really vampires right now, one of them's on SyFy and my roommate loves it for some reason.
    Hm, I dont think they air that show here in Denmark, but ill take your word for it. I guess we can both agree on the fact that vampires are actually a lot cooler and darker than people give them credit for.

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 07:43 AM ----------

I just hope it will be a pve friendly game, so players that dont like pvp, have it forced down their throats. And that permadeath concerns me a bit.

I'd say the WB's stupid shows (or is "The CW" now?) are worse. There's like four or five damn TV shows featuring vampires that aren't really vampires right now, one of them's on SyFy and my roommate loves it for some reason.
    The Vampire Diaries? I watched the Pilot, didn't interest me.

The only Vampire show I watch is True Blood, but even that can get silly at times.

I didn't like the concept of Masquerade in which they've had vampires with "ponies" and Twilight Series(oh god why) had broken my dreams of any vampire themed franchise to bring an improvement to concept without breaking it.

Daybreakers that of which the World of Darkness has a similarity with, was something I liked solely due to how the human dystopia was gone wrong and how they can't sustain a stability of such skewed species(aka blood supply ending).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    The Vampire Diaries? I watched the Pilot, didn't interest me.

The only Vampire show I watch is True Blood, but even that can get silly at times.
    I think it's called Being Human. It's not just vampires, but ghosts, werewolves, etc... all the shit Twilight fans go nuts over. And it ignores what you'd usually consider hard "laws" about those kinds of supernatural beings - the vampire guy walks around in sunlight, the werewolf guy can apparently control his transformation and doesn't have to kill people to stay alive, etc.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

and while I think WoD circumvents the whole "must be invited first," and "afraid of running water,".
    Yes, and no, there are optional flaws you can take for those. Also "must count grains of rice" in Kindred of the East.

Personally, I want to see Mage. Burned out on VT:M and W:TA (don't play the NWOD, as I spent thousands on the old in books, and don't want to do the same again). Werewolf is fun, but I don't really see a way a MMO can do it easily.

Also, people are forgetting about the Hunter games. Yes, they were on Consoles, but they were different than the Vamp games.

Edited for this quote.

I think it's called Being Human. It's not just vampires, but ghosts, werewolves, etc... all the shit Twilight fans go nuts over. And it ignores what you'd usually consider hard "laws" about those kinds of supernatural beings - the vampire guy walks around in sunlight, the werewolf guy can apparently control his transformation and doesn't have to kill people to stay alive, etc.

Most of the World of Darkness (at least Old, before the reboot, which is what the MMO is based on last I heard) is kinda about this. Werewolves DON'T have to kill, and can change forms by will (roll rage against the moon, aka a static difficulty, for table top, a Rock Paper Scissors against the Moon for LARP), Vampires DON'T change people by a bite. The Fae don't kidnap children (normally). Mummies are powered by Horus to fight against...well...ummm...ok, that wasn't really explained but to fight Settites (a vampire race/class). Also, mummies don't have bandages...normally.

When dealing with the World of Darkness, you have to not only ignore Twilight, but also Anne Rice, and Bram. Yes, some of the "ideas" are there (wooden stakes through the heart "torpor", aka, incapacitate a Vamp, instead of killing). The "I'm to hot to be alive" from True Blood/Twilight is also there in the Toreador.

Ok, maybe the 12+ years I've been playing Vampire/Werewolf/Mage has given me to much info on the games.......
    Last edited by wolffeathers; 2012-03-30 at 07:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whaaat? No hunters?! Fuck that shit I wanna roll on people as as my Cheiron Group hunter. Only way to beat a monster is to become a little bit of one yourself I say. =P Are they at least gonna add hunters (and others options) in later xpacs?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Wanker View Post
    Whaaat? No hunters?! Fuck that shit I wanna roll on people as as my Cheiron Group hunter. Only way to beat a monster is to become a little bit of one yourself I say. =P Are they at least gonna add hunters (and others options) in later xpacs?
    The Hunters should be the easiest to add. That is if they don't allow you to be one right from the start, as there is an option to play the game as human.

Deleted
    I loved the Vampire games so this is quite exciting to see. It looks promising regarding graphics, very familiar looking. Hopefully it will last longer than the initial stages.

Quote Originally Posted by arcticfeline View Post
    I loved the Vampire games so this is quite exciting to see. It looks promising regarding graphics, very familiar looking. Hopefully it will last longer than the initial stages.
    Well, one thing is for sure. And that is that the people beside White Wolf who will have a part in this are CCP, the people behind Eve Online, which still is a very popular and extremely beautiful game, so we are deffinetly dealing with some experienced and very capable mmo developers here. They said they would focus 100% on WoD when they have released the game they are working on atm, called Dust 513 or something, which hit the shelves this spring, so very soon.

I personally have a lot of confidence in these guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a popularity contest.
    Waiting on GW2 and Z.O.E. HD collection.
    Currently playing WoW and hating YGO.
    My Feral druid Main
    And most importantly I shall give you the means to travel faster than the fastest starship. To soar to the ends of the universe and beyond.....