Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I agree, its easier not to try and tell LFR pugs anything because most won't listen anyway...

I liked LFR when it first came out, but I'm liking it less and less as time goes on

I have seen the LFR boat explode, if memory serves (someone presented 'just avoid all purple stuff" as the strat), but it will not reach 0 if you ignore all small swirlies and ONLY get in the big ones.

I refuse to stand in the onslaughts. I got tired of getting killed.

In my experience, you're more likely to wipe the group with half the raid dying from not enough people in the onslaughts, than from ships exploding. (I've never seen a ship explode on LFR).

I still haven't had the guts to NOT push my button on Ultraxion, though.

Since LFR carries no challenge, players invent them. Can auto-attack only down the boss? Can 7 ppl afk down the boss? I was in one clear where there were 0 direct heals cast on either tank for the entire run. The only healing was AOE healing. If you bother with recount, make sure to make sure 25 names show up, as I know a player who takes 2 toons and places one of follow. Noone gripes because that name doesnt even register on recount as being present, so there is no low dps to gripe about. This new World of Gearcraft bothers me. LFR is a solid idea with a terrible implementation. When the typical player goal is "How bad can I be and win", explaining is a moot point.

Just do the fight like it's supposed to be done, it's safer that way. It reinforces habits you should have for the real thing and for this particular case, if a couple of people forget/ignore/don't see that you guys aren't standing in the onslaughts, they *will* die and it will make it that much more likely for the raid as a whole to wipe.

I wonder how many of those people that insist on doing a LFR fight in a way that will almost certainly lead to a wipe in normal end up raging at a new guild member or pug in a normal run that does it as if it's LFR, not realizing that LFR is done the "wrong" way.