Retriution Paladin Help

[Prior to reading, a message to the Admin/Moderators]
    [Please do not put this into "Rate The Retribution Paladin Above You!" thread.]
    [This has already happened once and resulted in no feedback whatsoever.]
    [Thank you.]

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tstopvp/simple

Hey guys, recenty I've noticed that I haven't been doing as much dps as I should be and ave been faling behind for most fights in Dragon Soul (Generaly, doing between 20k - 25k dps). I am aware that there are a few odd reforges, I was testing something out last night and forgot to reforge all the gear back to normal.

The rotation I've been using (Since I have 2pcT13) is as follows...
    Inq > TV > DP (TV - 3 = HoPow) > CS > Judge > DP (TV - 3 > HoPow) > Exor (DoT not on target) > HoW > Exor (DoT on target) > HW > Cons

- I generally use Inquisition first, and keep it up 100% of the time.
    - Templar's Verdict I ive the next highest priority to, for obvious reasons.
    - When I have 3 Holy Power already accumulated, I use the Divine Purpose proc for a Templar's Verdict (Or Inquisition depending on the circumstances).
    - Crusader Strike is just after that, being the hardest hitting generator of Holy Power.
    - Then Judgement, being my only other ability which can generate Holy Power.
    - Which is then followed by Divine Purpose if I have less than 3 Holy Power accumulated.
    - Exorcism, depending on if the DoT is aready on the target or how long it has left, it the next highhest priority.
    - Hammer of Wrath, due to its nerf, I have put beneath Exorcism.
    - Then Exorcism if I had just used it or the DoT has a long time on the target.
    - Followed by Holy Wrath.
    - And then by Consencration.

[I have also been looking at putting Exorcism before Judgement as long as the Exorcism DoT is not on the target already to see if it would give me higher dps, and it seems to have.]

In terms of stat priority, I usually reforge as such when I'm not messing around...
    1. Hit (8%)
    2. Expertise (15 [25 with Glyph])
    3. Mastery
    4. Crit
    5. Haste

In regards to gemming, I usually gem all Strength gems with the exception of a socket bonus which causes me to equal out, or gain, in Strength or some other stat. For example, if there was a Red and Yellow socket in a pair of gloves I would use 1xStrength gem and 1xStrength+Mastery gem as long as the socket bonus was equal to or greater than 20 Strength or 30 Mastery or 30 Crit.

Any help with what I'm doing wrong would be greaty appreciated.
    Last edited by Lolretadin; 2012-01-08 at 05:34 PM.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Armory link doesn't work for me. Anyway some quick points:

-Expertise cap is 26 not 25.
    -Crusader Strike should be your highest priority attack after Inquisition. Obviously if you have 3HP due to DP procs when you're supposed to hit CS then a Templar is in order.
    -Don't bother with tracking the Exo dot. Just hit Exo if AoW procs and you're in for a filler attack. Clipping the dot with a new Exo+new dot is better than letting the dot tick and using Holy Wrath for example.
    -Don't put Exo before Judgement. Judgement is more important due to the HP it generates with 2p t13.

Other than that I'd just suggest making sure your raid has all buffs and debuffs available and that you learn the fights properly so you're always hitting something. Just as an example Yor'sahj. When you're supposed to go kill the slime Judge the boss for the speed boost. The faster you get to the target the less your dps will drop from switching. That's just one boss but small tricks like that one will increase your dps. Try to find out what other tricks you can do on other bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by UR1L View Post
    Armory link doesn't work for me. Anyway some quick points:

-Expertise cap is 26 not 25.
    -Crusader Strike should be your highest priority attack after Inquisition. Obviously if you have 3HP due to DP procs when you're supposed to hit CS then a Templar is in order.
    -Don't bother with tracking the Exo dot. Just hit Exo if AoW procs and you're in for a filler attack. Clipping the dot with a new Exo+new dot is better than letting the dot tick and using Holy Wrath for example.
    -Don't put Exo before Judgement. Judgement is more important due to the HP it generates with 2p t13.

Other than that I'd just suggest making sure your raid has all buffs and debuffs available and that you learn the fights properly so you're always hitting something. Just as an example Yor'sahj. When you're supposed to go kill the slime Judge the boss for the speed boost. The faster you get to the target the less your dps will drop from switching. That's just one boss but small tricks like that one will increase your dps. Try to find out what other tricks you can do on other bosses.
    Why would Crusader Strike be second priority? At 3 Holy Power, if Inquisition is up, surely Templar's Verdict should be second. I could, however, be interpreting what you're saying wrong.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....

10+ Year Old Account
    Templar's Verdict is only higher in priority than Crusader Strike if you have 3 Holy Power. Which I said in the bolded parts of my quote. What I mean is if you have Divine Purpose active and less than 3 HP then CS is higher priority as it nets you more TV's over the fight than using the DP proc and delaying CS.
    Basically whenever you have less than 3 HP Crusader is your most important attack. Why I couldn't just say it as simple as that in the first place is beyond even me. I'm a strange and complicated person I guess. :P

until you fix your armory link, it's a little hard to give advice. MMO champ shortens the URL and it looks like you copied it out of a previous thread. Just edit this one and repaste the url thanks...

Onto what I do:

Since I have the ret t13 2p:

normal:
    cs jhp inqr inqa tvdp exoud tvhp exo how hw cons

zealotry:
    cs inqr inqa tvdp exoud tvhp exo how jhp hw cons

Quote Originally Posted by toddless View Post
    until you fix your armory link, it's a little hard to give advice. MMO champ shortens the URL and it looks like you copied it out of a previous thread. Just edit this one and repaste the url thanks...

Onto what I do:

Since I have the ret t13 2p:

normal:
    cs jhp inqr inqa tvdp exoud tvhp exo how hw cons

zealotry:
    cs inqr inqa tvdp exoud tvhp exo how jhp hw cons
    Link is fixed.
    But warriors....

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at your armory you gear seems pretty good. You'll notice a considerable dps increase from upgrading your weapon however. Your progress tells you aren't killing Madness normal so Experimental Specimen Slicer from Yor'sahj would be your best dps boost right now. Also getting tierpieces from LFR to complete your 4set bonus would also be a good increase.

Looking at your armory you gear seems pretty good. You'll notice a considerable dps increase from upgrading your weapon however. Your progress tells you aren't killing Madness normal so Experimental Specimen Slicer from Yor'sahj would be your best dps boost right now. Also getting tierpieces from LFR to complete your 4set bonus would also be a good increase.
    Aye, right now my guild is only 4/8 on 25 man normal... I really should be trying to PuG for the last 4 though.
    But warriors....

Doesn't hammer of wrath sucks now? if it does why use it in ur rotation

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still better than Holy Wrath and Consecration. Why leave it out of your rotation?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    There is no point being part of history if you're too ignorant to understand it.

Deleted
    I know using addons isn't the favorite way of playing for some people, but there's one that's very very heplful. Clcret, a lot of rets use it and it's extremely useful. It will help you a lot with your rotation, inquisition tracking etc etc.

Regarding reforging, don't logout on pvp gear next time, but here's a tip: use an addon like Reforgelite or a site like wowreforge.com to maximise your reforging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Log out in PvE gear next time, please
    From what I have read: Try to get 4p set asap, it does quite a lot. Good weapon is important as well. Even the small things, like boostin' you speed with Judgement when you have to switch targets is really important. (as stated above). Properly use your cds - don't pop wings and zealotry when you have to move etc...
    "Not that I mind senseless violence, manling, but what are you doing to that old man?" - Gotrek, the Trollslayer

U should not use consecration as its very mana draining as I experienced. Once I used cons i had 0 mana and could not do CS/HoW for like 5 sec, and consecration does rly not do much dmg....

Quote Originally Posted by darknessice View Post
    I know using addons isn't the favorite way of playing for some people, but there's one that's very very heplful. Clcret, a lot of rets use it and it's extremely useful. It will help you a lot with your rotation, inquisition tracking etc etc.

Regarding reforging, don't logout on pvp gear next time, but here's a tip: use an addon like Reforgelite or a site like wowreforge.com to maximise your reforging.
    When I posted that link about 2 days ago I was in my PvE gear... of course I might not be in PvE gear when there isn't a lot of PvE ad PuGing to do.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    U should not use consecration as its very mana draining as I experienced. Once I used cons i had 0 mana and could not do CS/HoW for like 5 sec, and consecration does rly not do much dmg....
    Ret doesn't have a "rotation," it has a priority list. Consencration is low on said priority list and using it is better than a wasted GCD.
    But warriors....

You might start with spelling it - Retribution

10+ Year Old Account
    From what you've posted and replied I'd say you got the hang of the class. So if you're having trouble with your dps then it's encounter or raid related. Either you don't have all the buffs or you don't maximize your efficiency on encounters. Pre-potting and heropot also increases your dps significantly if you aren't already doing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    There is no point being part of history if you're too ignorant to understand it.