10+ Year Old Account

[2v2 Arena] Feral/Dk need advice

Hello!

My friend (the Death Knight) and I have just gotten into arena for the first time and have only been doing 2s. Right now we are hovering around the 1500-1600 mark with 60 games played. We know its just 2s but we still want to reach a high rating and I have a few questions:

1. What spec should my partner go? So far we found blood to be pretty good but he can get kited forever and the damage seems a bit low.

2. How should we open against the other team? Should he just run out guns-a-blazing and try burst one down while I go in stealthed or does it simply depend on what comp we're up against?

Any help whatsoever will be greatly appreciated!

He should go unholy and you should just rape healers, get garg+dark transformation up quick and then go hard on healer. Most teams until 2k won't know how to effectively peel a feral+dk (especially together) and you will kill something within the duration of survival instincts/AMS before you have to reset and heal up.

Blood only works until 1800 or against melee teams only, you will never kill a dps/healer team with a ranged DPS ever cause you will die while the dk gets kited and the he will die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply, we changed him to Unholy (just copied some high ranked dude's spec) and his damage and mobility have improved big time. However outside of AMS and IBF he goes down extremely fast, especially against another double dps.

Is this normal or are we just doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Sygil View Post
    Thanks for the reply, we changed him to Unholy (just copied some high ranked dude's spec) and his damage and mobility have improved big time. However outside of AMS and IBF he goes down extremely fast, especially against another double dps.

Is this normal or are we just doing something wrong?
    this is normal and that's why as double DPS you have to burst something down quick. If you're not a ranged class or a rogue you have very little opportunity to reset fights and heal up.

Just remember you DK can sacrifice his ghoul for 25% of his max hp, use lichborne defensively to heal and also death strike can heal a little bit.

Don't forget AMZ as well, that's like another AMS but without the immunity to magic effects.