H Ultraxion - 10M - 2 Healing with Disc and Shaman

So we want to kill this next week. From what I've read the disc should smite for an undefined amount of time. How long exactly should this time frame be? Is there a certain damage threshold the priest should shoot for (1, 2, 3m damage done)?

As well, what does cooldown usage look like on this fight? Save everything for 5 minutes? Stagger some before 5 minutes?

Dps should all be around 35k at least with tanks at 15k and 20k respectively (at least that's what last week's Ultra said, we do have more gear for next week and haven't killed it this week). Does this affect the cooldown usage?

Tanks both have 4pc, Druid and Pally. Also have a Warrior and Spriest. Is the Spriest's Divine Hymn even worth the dps we'll lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    So we want to kill this next week. From what I've read the disc should smite for an undefined amount of time. How long exactly should this time frame be? Is there a certain damage threshold the priest should shoot for (1, 2, 3m damage done)?

As well, what does cooldown usage look like on this fight? Save everything for 5 minutes? Stagger some before 5 minutes?

Dps should all be around 35k at least with tanks at 15k and 20k respectively (at least that's what last week's Ultra said, we do have more gear for next week and haven't killed it this week). Does this affect the cooldown usage?

Tanks both have 4pc, Druid and Pally. Also have a Warrior and Spriest. Is the Spriest's Divine Hymn even worth the dps we'll lose?
    Our priest did 1m dmg, think he dpsed till the first twilight or so. That was without hero (Healers port out in the start, then they can get hero later) but we used a paladinhealer and that's prolly better then a shaman. You want to use most raidcd's early, just make sure they are up towards the end, the tank should have macros to pop all their cd's in the start, since after 6.. or so seconds, all their cd's will be reset, then the raid will have the raidwall etc, and the tanks will take less dmg.
    We usually try to get some raidcd's going right before the red buff, since the healing isn't very high compared to later. dHymn isn't really worth using from your spriest tbh, since he doesn't have any healingbuff and hes healing is already week.
    You want to make sure your tank uses their raidwalls etc as often as possible (but ofc, make sure they are ready for 5min mark), so the priest can throw in some extra dps, healing isn't that high really until around 5minutes.
    With that dps, you should get a kill around the 7th hour, when he casts hour healers will have time to top the raid aswell, so you can survive for a few seconds after that, but it really get's intense then.

Whatever you do, don't have your shaman use spirit link after timeloop has been cast. It'll just get people killed if they proc timeloop and then instantly get dropped back down to 20k health.

5 minutes is around the 6th hour, right?

5 minutes is around the 6th hour, right?
    6th one is 04.30 or so.

this is what our dps looked like this week, killed it at 05.26 (few sec after the last hour) would make sense since it's 45sec between the hours)
    http://gyazo.com/3a486af08a07cebc7af43440853dc883
    top to bottom
    rogue
    hunter
    shadowpriest
    UH dk
    ele shaman
    arcane mage
    prot pala
    prot warrior
    disc
    holypala
    btw, everything is unresistable, so don't let your tank use TB trinket etc, aura mastery sucks aswell so

---------- Post added 2012-01-07 at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    Whatever you do, don't have your shaman use spirit link after timeloop has been cast. It'll just get people killed if they proc timeloop and then instantly get dropped back down to 20k health.
    correction; make your shaman drop SLT after timeloop, since the raid won't be as bursty and they will take less dmg, and if one guy dies, everyone dies. (Although that won't happen, SLT is just really good)
    Last edited by madmessias; 2012-01-07 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madmessias View Post
    6th one is 04.30 or so.

this is what our dps looked like this week, killed it at 05.26 (few sec after the last hour) would make sense since it's 45sec between the hours)
    http://gyazo.com/3a486af08a07cebc7af43440853dc883
    top to bottom
    rogue
    hunter
    shadowpriest
    UH dk
    ele shaman
    arcane mage
    prot pala
    prot warrior
    disc
    holypala
    btw, everything is unresistable, so don't let your tank use TB trinket etc, aura mastery sucks aswell so

---------- Post added 2012-01-07 at 11:00 AM ----------

correction; make your shaman drop SLT after timeloop, since the raid won't be as bursty and they will take less dmg, and if one guy dies, everyone dies. (Although that won't happen, SLT is just really good)

That's actually not true. The reason I mentioned it was because I, our holy pally, got killed since spirit link was down when I procced time loop before anyone else and instantly died since I was instantly brought back down to everyone else's health and the next instability gibbed me.

The log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7185&e=7514

Go to the death tab to see it, and it obviously didn't kill everyone since we killed the boss that attempt.
    Last edited by Iracor; 2012-01-07 at 10:21 AM.

That's actually not true. The reason I mentioned it was because I, our holy pally, got killed since spirit link was down when I procced time loop before anyone else and instantly died since I was instantly brought back down to everyone else's health and the next instability gibbed me.

Go to the death tab to see it, and it obviously didn't kill everyone since we killed the boss that attempt.
    Why didn't anyone else die though? SLT should put everyone at the same percentage, so everyone else survived with barely 1-5k hp or you were totally undergeared? Ideally, getting a 120K "heal" from timeloop to spread into the raid via SLT should be a GOOD thing, no?

If 1 person "dies" during spirit link and timeloop goes off, they'll lose timeloop and immediately be put in danger again (assuming the raid was at low health). Yes, splitting that healing is good for the other 9/24 people, but they still have timeloop; they don't need that health, the person who just triggered it does. The only way it would be a good thing is if everyone took damage equally and died at the same time, which is a pretty laughable assumption given differences in talents, DR abilities, and just the nature of healing.
    It's a great way to get someone killed if you fall behind on healing. That said, I'm not sure I'd say never to use it during that phase. Tanks (or anyone, really) using shieldwall-esque CDs can help cut down raid damage with it, on top of the 10% DR from the totem itself. Just don't drop it if someone's going to die during it.

Deleted
    Without a pally healer you wanna aim to kill it by 5:30 or else you will be overwhelmed by damage. Every cooldown should be up for 4:59, all personal CDs (Power Infusion, Archangel, Shaman 4pc) all raid CDs including tank bonuses and healer Volcanic Potions. Make sure PI is used on the healer without blue buff.

Use ALL of them. The tank ones should go first as they last quite a while with their buff on that fight, you should then cycle more and more CDs in and make sure they are all popped. Earlier is better than later, your goal is to survive for only 30 seconds or so. The priest should be able to do ~2m of damage via smite imo, that way with the raid DPS you claimed it should die at around 5:30-5:35. Let the Shaman carry heals for a little bit and then have him take blue. The mana he lost from carrying the smite priest will be made up for via blue buff. Also use all raid CDs early to allow for more leeway on healing and therefore more smite time, just make sure they are used early enough so they're back up again for 4:59.

Absolutely DO use SLT in the last minute. If you have issues with Time Loop then just use it before the Time Loop goes off, remember it provides 10% dmg reduction on its own and allows tanks/Ds/etc. to "share" their personal CDs with the other 9 members.

Finally mouseover macros can allow healers to cut some precious milliseconds out of their spam in the last minute, you'd be surprised how much of a difference it can make. If they aren't already then make use of them.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-01-07 at 12:09 PM.

Although that was to bad healing i'd say :P (or a really late SLT) should just cast SLT when everyone still has timeloop and people are about to drop it, then noone will drop it.

Its really not as bad as it seems. We have killed him now with 3 different healer combos. Holy pally/disc priest, Resto druid/holy priest, Resto druid/Resto sham. The holy pally the first week was the resto shamans alt, we use him because we were scared of the last min without holy radiance. We had no trouble with the other healer combos though, as long as you have 2 tanks with 4 pc for extra raid cooldowns you should be good. Our warriors raid shield wall lasts 12 seconds and is only a 1 min cd, pretty nice.

So we should give the shaman red and blue, and give the priest green?

Deleted
    Priest: Red
    Shaman: Green -> Blue

We use a paladin/priest comp and our priest just nukes till red crystal comes up.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-01-07 at 10:39 PM.

Healer comps are not a big deal. Healing the fight is not particularly tough, just intense. Your AoE healer should get red, your tank healer should get green, then blue.

There's no reason your tanks should do less than 22k dps each also. And your dps should be averaging 33-35k. Just remember with 2 healers your goal is to get a kill at the very latest 5 min and 20 seconds in, otherwise you will wipe to soft enrage.

Deleted
    Green is not good for priests, it has 0 effect on their absorbs. Priest takes red and shaman green/blue. Priest can nuke until red comes up, then he can nuke some more when green is up. Again, use all your raid CDs early on to allow him extra nuke time.

Also as a side note, the prot pally 4pc is useless on this fight. He can equip 2pc T12 for more DPS if he wishes. And don't hesitate to use hit/exp gear for this fight, pallies are capable of getting several thousand more DPS just by reforging and reglyphing some stuff and that several thousand can shave ~5-10 seconds off the last minute which is huge.

Paladin + Blue buff is extremely OP, if you have one of those available use that and the priest.

Roll your cooldowns at 1 minute to berserk. He will do the my hatred burns emote when it starts. Start with tranq if you got it, then a hymn and whatever else. Up to that point your healers should be able to keep up alone.

Here is me doing it with a shaman, he takes red and blue buff, I only take green. (I'm not priest, holy paladin but still informative for when we use CD's and stuff)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZJ7T23akq8

Quote Originally Posted by Acidd06 View Post
    Paladin + Blue buff is extremely OP, if you have one of those available use that and the priest.
    Green is FAR better if you sustain the mana. I tried blue, not nearly enough as what i did with green.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Also as a side note, the prot pally 4pc is useless on this fight.
    How? 12 secs of 20% damage reduction on a 1 minute CD sounds pretty good to me.

Deleted
    How? 12 secs of 20% damage reduction on a 1 minute CD sounds pretty good to me.
    I didn't say that the spell was useless, I said that the 4pc was useless. The pally 4pc does not give them a new raid CD like it does for other classes, it enhances their already existing CD with extra range (useless) and lower cooldown (nearly useless). So a pally with 4pc and a pally without 4pc will still do exactly the same thing on Ultraxion.[COLOR="red"]

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Green is FAR better if you sustain the mana. I tried blue, not nearly enough as what i did with green.
    What do you mean if you could sustain the mana? If you can sustain the mana then you are doing something terribly wrong. The whole reason why blue is good for pallies is because it lets you cut everything out of your rotation except HR. I don't see how it's possible for you to sustain pure HR spam with green, it isn't possible. If you SOMEHOW can do it then you're STILL better off throwing away green and reforging out of some spirit into mastery/crit then taking blue.

Your claim doesn't even make any mathematical sense. All green does is double your healing, it also spreads it out but HR is already spread out to begin with so that's obviously useless. Green also has no effect on absorbs which is a substantial part of a pally's heals on that fight. Blue doubles your heals (100% haste = 100% more heals), it doubles your absorbs and it lets you switch to a better rotation. It is far and away better.

So please stop spreading misinformation. Blue is absolutely the best crystal for a paladin to take, you might have done better on overall meters with green but that will be inflated by the fact that green comes earlier and your spike HPS when it matters (last minute) will be nowhere near as high. There is a reason why every heroic kill video and guide has pallies taking blue.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-01-08 at 08:22 AM.