Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Quick Compare & Contrast on Arms Warrior's Stats

Hi. Quick Question for all those arms pvp warriors. I am sitting at 5.05% Hit and 20 expertise which is the cap but im sitting at 11% crit. Now I'm not using the medalion which gives 429 resil cause I find a Arms warrior doesn't need to be sustaining that much Resil for it shall lack important damage. Now im using the crit medalion but as much as I am satisfied with my caps. I am discouraged with my crit. I just wanted to know if any of you other arms warriors. Are capped as well but sitting in low crit. Just wanna make sure I'm not alone I'm aware the talents do pretty much buff our crit for our special moves. But I just can't bare the fact that I am doing something wrong with this. I am decently geared. 4 Pieces of Cata counting weapon rest full ruthless Season 10/11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, that's about what it's gonna look like. Strength is a weaker DPS stat than Agility, which is why we're given talents that boost our crit for primary abilities. Not really a good thing (it'd be better to simply make Strength not suck), but it's all we've got to work with.

You probably can't get much higher base crit without sacrificing other stats somewhere.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

um: you realise overpower from talents has base 60% crit and mortal strike base 10% crit from talents and extra 25% after a charge. Incite makes heroic strike have 15% base crit chance too

This is why strength doesn't add crit like agility does because most agility classes don't have loads of crit % increasing talents bar rogues (and that's one spec).

11% chance crit from gear means you have 71% overpower crit, 21% mortal strike crit and 26% heroic strike crit.

want to know how much crit% hunters have in 2set13 and rest pvp gear? Not even 28%. The only thing we have that increases crit % on anything is the explosive shot glyph and nobody pvps as survival anyway.

Warrior crit is fine.

Deleted
    your crit rates are about right for current gear level. I'm in mostly S11 cataclysmic (the CP gear) with a few S11 honor gear left to replace (4 or 5 pieces), using the resilience trinket and have about 9.5% crit. I have about 11-11.5% unbuffed with the crit trinket.

We can't really get above 13% max crit with top gear without sacrificing hit/exp cap or strength, and it wouldn't be advisable to do so

Jury is out as to whether crit or mastery is better, it's personal preference really I think, but as illana said, assuming 10% base crit (bit low)
    Overpower = 60% + base (~70%)
    MS + charge = 10% + 25% + base (~45%)
    Heroic Strike = 15% + base (~25%) (incite spec)

Add on recklessness and you get:
    OverPower = 120%
    MS + charge = 95%
    Heroic Strike = 75% (incite spec)
    That's not too bad on demand burst there. Would be nice to get 100% crit on mortal strike, but I don't think it's feasable with current gear without gemming/reforging/enchanting everything into crit, which is just not viable.

TL;DR = your crit is about right

Quote Originally Posted by Vallanim View Post
    Hi. Quick Question for all those arms pvp warriors. I am sitting at 5.05% Hit and 20 expertise which is the cap but im sitting at 11% crit. Now I'm not using the medalion which gives 429 resil cause I find a Arms warrior doesn't need to be sustaining that much Resil for it shall lack important damage. Now im using the crit medalion but as much as I am satisfied with my caps. I am discouraged with my crit. I just wanted to know if any of you other arms warriors. Are capped as well but sitting in low crit. Just wanna make sure I'm not alone I'm aware the talents do pretty much buff our crit for our special moves. But I just can't bare the fact that I am doing something wrong with this. I am decently geared. 4 Pieces of Cata counting weapon rest full ruthless Season 10/11.
    I've seen 3 school of warriors in cataclysm. All 3 had major success with their specs. It is a matter of playstyle and it also depends on your comp.

All warriors go for 5% hit. (5.05% is wrong you could reforge better using a reforge website or addon like reforgelite)

Then there are 3 cases and I will try to explain their rationale.

-10 expertise rest to crit: These warriors have more enrage uptime and have an advantage over cloth casters and healers. At the same time they are disadvantaged against agility users and tanks.

-20 expertise rest to crit: A balanced approach

-30 expertise rest to crit: These warriors really want to be in control of their game. They don't want to risk a throwdown or a disarm being dodged. They also have it easier against agility users and tanks. However they do considerable less damage to healers and cloth.

All 3 schools were able to go to 2400 ratings. What makes a warrior good is not his specification but the knowledge of taking advantage of his specification.

there's reall no point in 30 expertise as it will get you maybe 1 or 2 % less chance to be parried and dodged.

20 already eliminates rogue parries hunter parries/dodges and all caster parries/dodges

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    there's reall no point in 30 expertise as it will get you maybe 1 or 2 % less chance to be parried and dodged.

20 already eliminates rogue parries hunter parries/dodges and all caster parries/dodges
    some warriors hate rng determining the outcome of their throwdown and disarm. according to their logic even 1 or 2 percent is a significant tool against rng.

rogues have close to 25% dodge, enh shamans have almost 20, ferals have 25+ and almost 35% in bearform.

1-2% is just not worth it when you should just attempt to attack from behind for crucial things like throwdown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    some warriors hate rng determining the outcome of their throwdown and disarm. according to their logic even 1 or 2 percent is a significant tool against rng.
    to eliminate RNG you need something like 60 expertise rating to never get parry/dodge in pvp. that is not feasible at all.
    I've never seen a good player go for more than 20 expertise unless trying a gimick fight like on a blood DK duel, as the crit/mastery simply outweight the extra expertise by a significant margin.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkabela View Post
    to eliminate RNG you need something like 60 expertise rating to never get parry/dodge in pvp. that is not feasible at all.
    I've never seen a good player go for more than 20 expertise unless trying a gimick fight like on a blood DK duel, as the crit/mastery simply outweight the extra expertise by a significant margin.
    they are not trying to eliminate RNG. they are trying to be in control of their play. They think that 1% or 2% percent can be crucial.

And regarding never seen a good player go for more than 20 expertise, i have seen several.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    um: you realise overpower from talents has base 60% crit and mortal strike base 10% crit from talents and extra 25% after a charge. Incite makes heroic strike have 15% base crit chance too

This is why strength doesn't add crit like agility does because most agility classes don't have loads of crit % increasing talents bar rogues (and that's one spec).

11% chance crit from gear means you have 71% overpower crit, 21% mortal strike crit and 26% heroic strike crit.

want to know how much crit% hunters have in 2set13 and rest pvp gear? Not even 28%. The only thing we have that increases crit % on anything is the explosive shot glyph and nobody pvps as survival anyway.

Warrior crit is fine.
    Warriors don't take Incite for PvP. Well, not Arms or Fury. Fury has to go into Arms for Second Wind and usually Deep Wounds (assuming TG, SMF pretty well sucks for PvP) and Arms has to go into Fury for Piercing Howl. There's no room for Incite.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

there is room for 2/3 incite, its not ideal but fun for bgs, since drums of war stopped affecting ph they are not essencial

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by t2r2s View Post
    there is room for 2/3 incite, its not ideal but fun for bgs, since drums of war stopped affecting ph they are not essencial
    Yeah, true. But there are better filler talents in Fury than 2/3 Incite - things like Rude Interruption and Booming Voice are really damn nice filler talents. They don't make or break a spec, but Booming Voice in particular is just so goddamned useful to have.