I need a little help: after 102.4%... then what?

Hello, everyone. I'm looking for someone to enlighten me with their paladin grace. Please know that I do not run any heroic content on this character and so adjusting me is based on 5-mans, LFR and normal raiding pugs. I'm currently sitting at 91.xx% and with my trinket proc, it will give me 102.4%, reaching the block cap. After that point, from reading up on different subjects, it's saying that stamina is better. Though, if you're healers are fine with your health pool, stacking dodge/parry afterward is good for mitigation.

Currently sitting at 91.xx% and having my trinket proc, bringing me to 102.4% (124.xx for an exact number), I have stamina stacked. <- This is what Mr Robot suggested me. I changed my gems yesterday to meet these requirements and to play around with everything. I think I was at 97.xx% or 98.xx% with gear pieces, enchants, and gems -- no buffs. With that being said and still learning the Protection tree/tanking in general, it brings me to my questions... Let me also add that my parry and dodge are both 17.x% and mastery is 51.x% with my current build from Mr Robot.

A.) The smart route would be to cap out block with gear, enchants and gems.
    B.) After 102.4%, is stacking more mitigation or stamina better? I know this is a long debate on which is better and I know some boss abilities require bigger mitigation percentages.
    C.) Is stacking dodge/parry after 102.4% better, because some bosses (or heroic bosses) require higher mitigation percentages (110.xx% for example)?

Sorry for the bundle, I'm learning still and any constructive criticism is welcomed. This is an alternative character, but I want to make sure I'm doing my best in every situation I use her for. Thanks.

well i had same problem , didnt know what to do next

ppl say go stam , others tell u to stack D/P

others dont have clue

....... so........ i went holy.

and put the entire CTC up in the developers pockets :-)

If you intend to do Heroic raids, I'd go with Stamina. I don't so I went with dodge/parry. When I tank 5 mans, my healers LOVE me lol.

it partially sucks to have a super duper geared tank in 5mans as a healer, with nothing to heal.

you really want to be 102.4% based on raid buffs, food, flasks, etc.. not trinket procs. So i would say until you reach that point mastery is still your best friend.

Trinket procs are nice, but what about the other 50 seconds per minute, or so, when its not up?

Myself once i get to block cap i start to focus more on threat so stacking stam increases vengeance ap its ideally the best way to go in my opinion also ill start to allow more hit into the gear as well

depending on the trinket in use if she's using the raidfinder stacking dodge the 780 dodge rating is static as long as you are going to be hitting something

10+ Year Old Account
    As soon as I hit the block cap on my pally, I started flipping out some gems into hybrid stamina ones with every upgrade I got. Every little bit helps.

Eredar US - Ceriatas - 6/7H | Sig thanks to JustintimeSS | Eredar US - Protricide - 1/8H
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentientsix View Post
    The point is, I can't think of a time that my tentacle even came anywhere close to his

There is a general consensus in the tanking community over on maintankadin that once you hit 102.4% with raid buffs (not including any procs) then you start stacking stamina. The diminishing returns on dodge and parry are just too steep in order to start stacking avoidance. This is also the suggestion made by Matt Walsh (Rhidach), the writer of the prot paladin articles on WoW Insider. The reasoning is that taking less damage is not really a concern anymore since healers have few mana concerns nowadays, but being able to take one more hit through stam stacking before healers are able to throw heals on you is the best way to ensure you survive a string of hits while your healers are busy running out of fire or saving a dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    After cap I say STAM stack all the way! Even Abasalom from BL has every socket with stam gems nothing else

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Absalom/simple
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Absalom is not capped, his all stam gems is definitely just for the heroic madness. unless that it's still best to being CTC capped.
    right now i'm capped with resolve of undying and changing my puissant to solid and fractured to puissant.

I just go with exp/hit caps for more dps, not really any point in stacking stamina if you aren't dying.

I just started replacing all of my straight Mastery gems with the Puissant's and my Parry/Mastery gems with Dodge/Stam and the Mastery/Stamina with just Stamina.

first go for 102,4% without procs but with foodbuff etc
    then you trow away your trinkets with mastery procs because that will do nothing anymore.
    dodge and parry procs however will still work.

if you have 40% parry+dodge and 62,4% block (for the sake of easy numbers) and you trinket procs which gives you 3% more dodge, then you have 43% chance to dodge/parry and 59,4% block chance.

so as soon you reached 102,4% cap then u should start getting less mastery/block and more dodge/parry, just as long you stay at the magic 102,4%

dont get crappy expertise or hit except if you cant hold aggro, but holding aggro isnt hard anymore these days.

and dont get more stamina except its very much needed on certain bosses.