Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Speech Bubbles ASAP please

I really hope BW add this soon, especially for RPing...I never realized how much I would miss it

Deleted
    yes, I love this game but speech bubbles are so nice to see in an area who's speaking and where is the conversation taking place, so that you can join in the conversation...

I can't believe this was neither implemented nor reported during the beta...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldanir View Post
    yes, I love this game but speech bubbles are so nice to see in an area who's speaking and where is the conversation taking place, so that you can join in the conversation...

I can't believe this was neither implemented nor reported during the beta...
    Oh, it was reported, along with thousands of other issues. It's just that BW decided there's no point including any of the basic, important features of all other MMOs, since they got the Star Wars brand.

I love the game and enjoy it alot, but even i have to admit the lack of basic features is a weak point and pretty odd.

If they implement it soon, then it's okay i guess - i just don't get why they didn't implement it earlier?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

chat bubbles clutter my screen too much, I'm glad they aren't in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crittcann View Post
    chat bubbles clutter my screen too much, I'm glad they aren't in there.
    Which is why you would obviously be able to turn them off. I must say I also miss them quite a bit; looking at the chat box just isn't very convenient

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    If they implement it soon, then it's okay i guess - i just don't get why they didn't implement it earlier?
    Which is more important: key gameplay systems integral to progression and used by 100% of the playerbase, or cosmetic niceties such as chat bubbles and other RP game features, which are used by a much smaller population segment?

Deleted
    Seems rather counter intuitive. Would it really have been so hard to include at launch? I honestly don't know, perhaps it is on their engine. Still, basic and taken for granted features are not something you just ''overlook''. We'll see how soon SR's ''Soon tm'' is.

---------- Post added 2012-01-07 at 02:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
    Which is more important: key gameplay systems integral to progression and used by 100% of the playerbase, or cosmetic niceties such as chat bubbles and other RP game features, which are used by a much smaller population segment?
    Your 'key gameplay systems'' are another man's ''cosmetic niceties''. I'd say having a responsive skill system that isn't dragged down by animations governing execution was integral, but that isn't there either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Your 'key gameplay systems'' are another man's ''cosmetic niceties''. I'd say having a responsive skill system that isn't dragged down by animations governing execution was integral, but that isn't there either.
    So, should they work on that, or speech bubbles? Seriously, development time is limited, and you can't just throw more programmers at these kinds of things. That's all I was trying to communicate. Software development is a complex process, even more complex is systems as large as TOR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
    development time is limited, and you can't just throw more programmers at these kinds of things. That's all I was trying to communicate. Software development is a complex process, even more complex is systems as large as TOR.
    o.attach(new Bubble(userCommunication));

hard stuff right there.
    no really tho, some things are defendable with the "takes ages to implement", others aren't.

that being said the real upside with bubbles is that you can have a /say with people in a crowded environment, but usually you whisper...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    I posted something on a forum to get a response, wow really? SORCERY. Honestly why are you responding with intended malice, did I upset you in some way by making a quite frankly accurate comment about missing features in an overhpyped game?
    Honestly; lets put it simply. You're free to dislike a game, your free to express that you don't like something about it. However; going on to then go "Overhyped game lol" is just fishing for responses; which is the very definition of trolling. My point, with a post like that the thread is just going to completely derail and become a train wreck. Which is why your post is of literally no value.

I thought there is an ini file you can edit to enable it?

Out of allll the UI bugs, I would say this is fairly low priority

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syldarin View Post
    snip
    People just refuse to accept this. I really WANT to like the game but the cons far outweigh the pros for me.

No Infraction, if you have an issue with a moderator then please contact Sunshine. But, thanks for calling us cute. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2012-01-07 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Jesus, are mods removing posts that are disussing issues on a healthy normal basis?

Tbh thats over the top abuse. Must have a superfanboy mod here. :P

No, we remove posts that are inflammatory and really offer no discussion. Kind of like this one. But, yeah, infracted. Don't call anyone a Fanboy or any variation of it. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2012-01-07 at 04:04 PM.

I remember when WoW didn't have speech bubbles and people complained about a waste of time when Blizzard announced it as a feature.

"Chat bubbles have been added to the game. Now when a player or NPC uses a /say or /yell chat command, it is displayed in the game screen by default as a chat bubble as well as in the chat log. It displays above the head of the character talking, but only if you can see the character. This functionality can be turned off should you desire. This functionality also exists for party chat, but is turned off by default. Both options are turned on or off in the "Interface" options window."

Patch 1.3

10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to recall a user on these very forums with a list of .ini file changes you could make, one of them was enabling chat bubbles. When I get home later I'll see if I can find it.

---------- Post added 2012-01-07 at 03:43 PM ----------

People just refuse to accept this. I really WANT to like the game but the cons far outweigh the pros for me.

Also loving how my posts have been removed, real cute moderators.
    I'm sorry your experience was so poor. MMO games grow over time and maybe check back in a month or two, see if its in a better state for you.

[QUOTE=Blimey;14963134]People just refuse to accept this. I really WANT to like the game but the cons far outweigh the pros for me.

Don't post here then if you don't like the game, go back to WoW or waiting for GW2.

Deleted
    Isnt that big of a loss really but I miss them chat bubbles :S

Agreed, but you should probably go to the swtor main page with this to voice your support.

---------- Post added 2012-01-07 at 02:29 PM ----------

[QUOTE=crittcann;14965465]

Don't post here then if you don't like the game, go back to WoW or waiting for GW2.
    Why? Please fellow SWTORians don't stoop as low as the WoWians and instantly insult and outcast someone for voicing a different opinion than you. This is a forum of course people are going to voice their dissatisfaction with the game.

---------- Post added 2012-01-07 at 02:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Syldarin View Post
    Jesus, are mods removing posts that are disussing issues on a healthy normal basis?

Tbh thats over the top abuse. Must have a superfanboy mod here. :P

No, we remove posts that are inflammatory and really offer no discussion. Kind of like this one. But, yeah, infracted. Don't call anyone a Fanboy or any variation of it. - Buckwald
    hehehe, I love when mods post comments.

Deleted
    I was first like NO WAY EVER!!! but after thinking about it turns like "hey why not" it could bring some life in those citys and fleets.