Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    VIC, Australia
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by doesnotcare View Post
    yup you can thank ea for pushing this shit out the door just like they did with War
    I don't think this is quite the same situation as with WAR.

    Warhammer had a number of issues but one of the major ones was a leadership team who wanted so much but didn't know how or where to focus their efforts.

    From what I understand EA basically had to push Warhammer out the door to try and recoup some money as it was simply bleeding funds in development.

  2. #42
    not just used for rp. personally i use chat bubbles cause i dont like to check the chat box every 10 seconds to see if someone has said anything, usually in group i get an all caps message that i finally notice that a guy has been asking me something for 20 minutes. the other thing, if i actually pay close attention to the box, is that i dont know who is asking it. might be some random guy not in my group. so i have to keep assosiating names all the time.

  3. #43
    Bloodsail Admiral mirodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Khazad Doom
    Posts
    1,045
    The thing with speech bubbles is that they are the first thing you notice, or at least for me. I would like them implemented just for the lot of times that people talked to me in /say and i ignored them cause my chat panel was closed.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Any half-decent freelance programmer could have chat bubbles in the game in under an hour. I'm not joking.
    I always love these kinds of responses. You have no idea how they have programmed this game, no idea about the architecture and no idea how they keep their stuff managed. Neither do you know what kind of processes they are using to get bugs/features in the game.
    Programming is not about adding more programmers to get stuff done faster, that usually backfires...
    Don't take this personally btw, not trying to offend anyone.

    Anyways, as said before, it would be nice of course to have them, I miss them as well. But I'm pretty sure this game has other issues that are much higher on the priority list than cosmetic features.

  5. #45
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    6,201
    Speech bubbles, yes please. Dearly needed in any RP case, even in some PvE cases. Should be a very standard thing to implement, yes, I know the duty of adding and pushing codes to be sure it one bug out. But there was once made a greater survey (or how it's spelled), that many people would actually like having such functions in MMO's. But sadly that is not the only missing thing in the game.

    Macros is direly missed too, on my behalf, don't miss addons much. And for heavens sake, do not make a DBM for SWTOR. Omen is okay, badly need a threat meter as a Heal/DPS. Hmm, anything else?


    YES! FOR HEAVENS SAKE, PLEASE BIOWARE, I DON'T WANT TO SEE MY COMPANION DIE FOR NO REASON ON AN ELEVATOR OR BECAUSE THEY FAIL AT STAIRS!
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

  6. #46
    The Lightbringer Mister K's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Under your desk
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Any half-decent freelance programmer could have chat bubbles in the game in under an hour. I'm not joking.
    Alright then, get your self hero engine and design us chat bubbles.

    You would need to go with various testing cycles, maybe it is fast to design them but then you have to test them, make sure they work correctly with the environment and different machines and so forth ... This is one of the main design cycles that applies from application developing to web developing etc...

    +1 for chat bubbles, we need them ASAP!
    CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos 2 / MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VI / CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz 1.184v (delidded) / GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 780 3GB 1173MHz, 6589MHz, 1.2v / RAM: G.Skill Trident-X 16GB 2400Mhz / PSU: Corsair AX860 Platinum / BOOT: Samsung 840 256GB x2 Raid 0 /

  7. #47
    Elemental Lord adam86shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - England
    Posts
    8,487
    Considering speech bubbles are already in the files I don't see the difficulty

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Oh, it was reported, along with thousands of other issues. It's just that BW decided there's no point including any of the basic, important features of all other MMOs, since they got the Star Wars brand.
    and your basis for that is?

    did they say they weren't? they've had so many things to deal with, unless they ahve said they were, don't asssume.

  9. #49
    honestly It never bothered me, i always read the chat in wow from the chat box and not the bubbles

    but maybe an option to turn it on for the players who like it would be good i guess

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by slx View Post
    I always love these kinds of responses. You have no idea how they have programmed this game, no idea about the architecture and no idea how they keep their stuff managed. Neither do you know what kind of processes they are using to get bugs/features in the game.
    Programming is not about adding more programmers to get stuff done faster, that usually backfires...
    Don't take this personally btw, not trying to offend anyone.

    Anyways, as said before, it would be nice of course to have them, I miss them as well. But I'm pretty sure this game has other issues that are much higher on the priority list than cosmetic features.
    Well if a modern game is designed in such a way that making such an adjustment takes any longer than a day, I'd say their code is god awful. WoW has convoluted code in many ways too - how else would things like changing the loot table of a robot in Storm Peaks somehow makes a random sheep patrolling Elwynn Forest disappear occur?

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Well if a modern game is designed in such a way that making such an adjustment takes any longer than a day, I'd say their code is god awful. WoW has convoluted code in many ways too - how else would things like changing the loot table of a robot in Storm Peaks somehow makes a random sheep patrolling Elwynn Forest disappear occur?
    I hear what you are saying. But let's not forget that WoW had alot of time to polish things. This game has just launched and I'm pretty sure it will need a whole lot of internal polishing. Try explaining to sales ppl that you need X amount of time to refactor stuff with no commercial value, it sucks. Eventually features like this would be quickly implemented and the test cycle would go pretty fluid, however I doubt that with having just released that this isn't the case (yet).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •