Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    phone them up and theyll cancel it, if they dont. get yourself perma banned and it automatically cancels.

edit* the first thread i dont read the first post in in ages and i get myself owned

Quote Originally Posted by Dwun View Post
    Maybe OP and EA is a part of the illuminati order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, Burritaco could be rite.
    You have politicians who get fake followers on twitter to look more popular, and there are PR firms that can be highered to post all day on shit like facebook, twitter or other forums to propel an agenda.
    Would it be that much of a suprise to see it happen on MMO-champ for a game?
    Take a look back on rift close to it's release date. There was some very obvious spamming on here by people affiliated with the game.
    Grass roots is a very effective tactic to get a product out there.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't SW:ToR released the 20th? And if so, can't he play until the 19th January or so using the free 30 days you get from buying the game?

Eitherway he could always save money on other things that he spend on. If he can throw away that kind of money on WoW he should be able to do it for another game at the same time, it's not that expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    You obviously don't get what this thread is about.
    I think the whole concept of "forcing" people to pay is just retarded. It's a game, isn't it? I understand it's a contract and all, but shouldn't it be just - you break the contract = you lose your privileges (beta, diablo, mount)?

Who in the world forced him to pay for anything when *HE* was the one who clicked the "I AGREE" button. There's is a huge sentence in BIG BOLD LETTERS that they will be committing to a 12 month payment plan in order to obtain FREE items. I don't think it could have been more clear.

He should be glad that the situation concerns $150.00 and not something like a $300,000 house or an expensive car. People have been screwed significantly worse and to be quite honest, I think the deal is fair enough if you ask me.

Deleted
    Awww poor guy, such a shame /sarcasm

Such a stupid thread.

Deleted
    Learn to mannage your money and your priorities.

End of story.

If this is the worse ill-advised purchase he ever makes - he's getting off lightly. What is it with people signing up to something for 12 months and deciding after a short while they can't be bothered with it any more - then crying when they can't easily whine their way out of the situation.

Think for 30 seconds before pressing accept - seems to be too hard for some people.

Deleted
    I rang up and got it cancelled very easily indeed.

Deleted
    Why would we care? He should´ve read the contract.
    Last edited by mmoc8066f1ff47; 2012-01-07 at 01:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    If this is the worse ill-advised purchase he ever makes - he's getting off lightly. What is it with people signing up to something for 12 months and deciding after a short while they can't be bothered with it any more - then crying when they can't easily whine their way out of the situation.

Think for 30 seconds before pressing accept - seems to be too hard for some people.
    I call it spoilt child syndrome

Deleted

Categorically untrue. This is some very paranoid stuff here but I guess WoW players are reduced to this sort of paranoia when they see what is happening.

I used to like WoW but I no longer like it. The attitude of players is disgusting and WoW as a game reinforces negative behaviour in its players. It is not a game I think highly of, and I do not think highly of Activision any more either (they do not deserve the name of Blizzard any more, they are Activision now).

And yes I now absolutely adore SWTOR and am having a great time in the game, as are most of the people who have played SWTOR.

Those are my opinions alone, as a player. Your post is pure paranoia but you clearly feel you must defend WoW in any way you can.

EDIT: The thread was about the guy mentioned in the first post. If you have information that can help him, post in his thread on the SWTOR forums that I linked.
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2012-01-07 at 01:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no sympathy for said person, at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Categorically untrue. This is some very paranoid stuff here but I guess WoW players are reduced to this sort of paranoia when they see what is happening.

I used to like WoW but I no longer like it. The attitude of players is disgusting and WoW as a game reinforces negative behaviour in its players. It is not a game I think highly of, and I do not think highly of Activision any more either (they do not deserve the name of Blizzard any more, they are Activision now).

And yes I now absolutely adore SWTOR and am having a great time in the game, as are most of the people who have played SWTOR.

Those are my opinions alone, as a player. Your post is pure paranoia but you clearly feel you must defend WoW in any way you can.

EDIT: The thread was about the guy mentioned in the first post. If you have information that can help him, post in his thread on the SWTOR forums that I linked.
    Don't tar everyone with the same brush

Speaking of "disgusting player attitudes"...
    BTW, that post that you quoted? The part about Blizzard will see him in a court of law? Yeah, that never happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    While I do completely agree that the OP should of thought before he clicked I cant help but think this is part of why this "deal" was implemented in the first place and that is to trap in the impulse buy folks. At the very least it should of had some age verification deal (it might to be honest I never did it even though I was eligible)

Sure you get the free Diablo and the beta key, mount and what not on the surface its a good deal but being a adult and understanding that you can never know what will happen or what situation you may find yourself in 12 months from now I would never sign a contract like that for a game.

Don't worry OP SWTOR is a bad game anyway that isn't fun for more than a week. I'd rather play a level one rogue with BOAs but I'm too lazy to download WOW to my computer. In hindsight I say you should have went for the Steam Christmas sale, I got 13 games for $60 US, way better deal than either MMO.

Lol, okay.

Someone is on a high horse.

Dumbest Thread 2012

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicktired View Post
    Don't worry OP SWTOR is a bad game anyway that isn't fun for more than a week. I'd rather play a level one rogue with BOAs but I'm too lazy to download WOW to my computer. In hindsight I say you should have went for the Steam Christmas sale, I got 13 games for $60 US, way better deal than either MMO.
    I have been playing several hours per day since the 15th of December. SWTOR is amazing fun and highly addictive, and I wish I could play more but I take care of my work and my family (luckily they play with me so there is some overlap).

SWTOR is by far the best MMO out there, and this is coming from a long-time WoW player.

-snip-

I will never for the life of me understand how people will repeatedly make topics bashing a game and accuse others of paranoia or fanboyism. You'd think the irony of the statement would choke them, or at least cramp up their fingers.
    Stop paying.

Really, that's all there is to it. Blizzard is not going to sue you for not paying for the whole 12 months, you just don't get Diablo 3, no MoP beta access, and sparkle pony 2.0 is removed from your account.

It's also amusing how the OP of that topic doesn't seem to value any of the things he got from the agreement. If that's the case, why do it in the first place? Smells like troll...
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2012-01-07 at 01:21 PM.

I have been playing several hours per day since the 15th of December. SWTOR is amazing fun and highly addictive, and I wish I could play more but I take care of my work and my family (luckily they play with me so there is some overlap).

SWTOR is by far the best MMO out there, and this is coming from a long-time WoW player.
    That's a great opinion. If you're so "over WoW", why can't you stop talking about it?