Poll: Which profession are You going?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

So, now when the hype is not that high... What profession are You gonna play?

Pick an option in the poll.

EDIT: I'd like to hear why, and with what weapon combo you're thinking of playing. And the race? Tell me your story about your character if you want to!
    Last edited by mmoc0811aa1cbc; 2012-01-07 at 01:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    Human Guardian, and for pvp, im going sword and torch, with mace and shield, some mega offense with some mega defense :P that way when in a team we can just huddle, i put a shield up, whack a healing rune down, switch back to sword and torch to do some nice damage along with having the mobility :P really not sure about what im going to use for PvE probably having a hammer in there somewhere

15+ Year Old Account
    We really don't need another of these threads already. Wait until open beta or until the nda lifts.

Deleted
    I've always liked the whole ninja/rogue style, so my first char will definitely be the thief. I'm curious how the initiative system will work out (will it be limiting / spamming high damage skills like unload?) and how thieves will be able to survive and offer support/control. My thief's race will definitely be Asura. I'm not sure about weapons yet, but for looks/PvE I will probably start with dual dagger and dual pistol, and then try out all weapon combinations.
    I will definitely also roll a (Charr) warrior, which might become my main if the thief is not what I had hoped it to be. Though the I'm also very interested in the guardian and their skill potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Human Guardian. I'm probably going to play him pretty supportive/defensive, since I like enabling my allies towards victory. For PvP I'll probably be rocking a Sword/Shield and a Staff, for mobility and support. In PvE-group combat I'm thinking of defaulting towards Mace/Shield and either Hammer or a Staff. For solo play It'll probably be Sword/Torch and Two-handed Sword.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    I don't get this poll? There is one just like this already...and it's not that old either.

There are already several other threads like this and a very active thread that is identical, if not better than this thread. I don't need to remind the Mods that duplicate threads don't need to exist.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Deleted
    I'm sorry, just thought the old one got fucked up becouse of the mesmer hype... Just wanted to see how the classes on a poll were doing now, if it was a fair amount of everything or if let's say Thief was much more popular. Delete thread I guess...

10+ Year Old Account
    I see where you are coming from, but you should have probably waited a little longer to make this. I'd say perhaps next month or so or when open beta(as people have suggested) has begun.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    I don't get this poll? There is one just like this already...and it's not that old either.
    Mesmer was enormously popular in that poll because it was made right after its announcement.

Still, only thing you can say now is what class INTERESTS you and are inclined to roll as your first char in whatever beta phase you enter. I'm still doubting between necromancer or a mesmer so...

Deleted
    Human Guardian here, obviously.

Sword & Shield for first weapon set.

Probably Scepter & Torch for second weapon set, maybe Greatsword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad hat man View Post
    Human Guardian here, obviously.

Sword & Shield for first weapon set.

Probably Scepter & Torch for second weapon set, maybe Greatsword.
    After looking at the builder, I don't really like the sword/shield combo. I like Flash Blade but everything else, to me at least, is inferior to the mace/shield. Mind you this is my own opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mesmer, was gonna make one since before anouncement!! Probably gonna be using a scepter and focus and a stave because I wanna be super caster, not a huge fan of Melee but that may change after we learn more about their abilities!!

And unless I decide to make a ranger, my Mesmer will likely be asura, if I do make a ranger the ranger will be asura and sylvari Mesmer
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    After looking at the builder, I don't really like the sword/shield combo. I like Flash Blade but everything else, to me at least, is inferior to the mace/shield. Mind you this is my own opinion.

You've got a admit, that is cool.. (wait for it..)

I;m actually still stuck between Thief and Ranger. I like the 'stand back and pew pew' gameplay, but I was never one for constantly having a pet with me. I'll just play both once I can, then i'll decide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post

You've got a admit, that is cool.. (wait for it..)
    It is cool, infact I forget about that video whenever I decide whether to go sword or mace. It is possible that the builder just makes the sword/shield combo seem more boring than it really is while playing. Well there is always the beta to try out all the weapons :P

Wel i have three that i know have to play, Human Gaurdian, Charr Engineer, and a Mesmer who i have not figured out what race i will be yet. I'm also fairly interested in playing a warrior and necro, but those three will be my first choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still guardian, melee magic classes ftw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    We really don't need another of these threads already. Wait until open beta or until the nda lifts.
    Kinda truth... So let's turn this on when is open Beta expected!!!

To be honest I'll probably try out most professions, but I'm still stuck on my choice for the main one I'll pick. I thought about Ranger simply because I'm a big fan of pet classes, but I'm still considering Warrior simply for the ability to have heavy armour and a large arsenal of weapons to play around with.