Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jmann View Post
    Some guy in the comments said he works at a gaming store and there computer thing says it releases in feb 5th.
    Some guy told me on an internet site that earth is flat, so it must be flat.

I'm going to be optimistic for once in my life and believe this.

If I was the owner of a known company like this one I'll end up doing the same thing to attract customers

10+ Year Old Account
    So far there the only reason not to believe it is that Blizzard hasn't confirmed it. So it can't be THAT inaccurate.

This is the same thing that gamestop always does. i remember 5 weeks after halo 2 came out they had reporders for halo 3 and a firm date that was off by a year. Untill blizz says a date this is nothing more than a load of bullshit stirred up by the companys to try and increase sales and preorders.

Still not counting on it, if the release date was that soon, Blizzard likely would have confirmed it by now. Plus, I haven't played the beta in about 2 weeks, but when I did, it was still pretty unstable from a Battle.net standpoint. Lag spikes despite a terrific internet connection, beta servers full, etc,. I really doubt it's releasing soon until Battle.net is stable. Seeing how as of a few weeks ago it wasn't stable for the beta population (relatively small) I doubt that it'll be ready for millions of people soon, unless Blizzard is a bunch of slavedrivers and had their Battle.net team working 18 hour days during the holidays or something crazy.

It is quite likely that a lot of physcial copies have been distributed already to the stores, pressing 2-3 million copies and storing them instead of sending them out is quite expensive. Since we have to play on servers they'll just make us download a 500MB patch with the finishing touches. When it comes down to stuff that really eats up space (sound, graphics), that has been finished for some time already.

From what I see in the beta itself, the game itself is probably ready to ship. I guess they just want to balance PvP engame to prevent people from bashing the game in reviews a week after release due to PvP issues. So februari seems possible to me.

Last Thursday someone took a bunch of photos of the Diablo 3 manuals being created.

This endcap is not a coincidence. All I'm going to say at this point. We'll have the date this week. I would not be so confident if it wasn't all wrapping up. They said they'd end the beta very close to release and the last contest winners are like January 23rd.

They were trying to pull a surprise announcement and launch, it sounds like, and Best Buy screwed up.

Like, "You don't have to wait longer because the release date is in THREE WEEKS!" or something like that. Too bad.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Not enough time to advertise so everyone knows it comes out next month.
    2. February was spelled wrong.
    3. Isn't it still in beta?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aired
    Our raid leader went AFK mid nef attempt and all he said was 'BRB GF's naked'

Quote Originally Posted by Da Baws View Post
    1. Not enough time to advertise so everyone knows it comes out next month.
    2. February was spelled wrong.
    3. Isn't it still in beta?
    1. World of Warcraft was launched on Nov 23rd. and announced release date was Nov 4th. (2004)
    2. They mispell shit all the time on promotional items.
    3. They said they would end Beta very close to the launch of the game.
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

It was taken down, it was made by bestbuy like we all thought.
    People have now reported talking to the GM after joystiq did, GM has now said "They never had a confirmed date" its over..

They would definitely announce it before now if this were the case.

https://twitter.com/Bashiok

"Diablo III does not have a release date. Any store or person claiming otherwise is guessing."

Slightly more explicit denial from Bashiok there...

I used to work for Best Buy and typically they were not permitted to display things like this without first having permission from the company. That said, Bashiok saying that it "doesn't have a release date" doesn't necessarily mean that it won't be released on Feb. 1st. It does make it less likely, sadly. ;(

Also, Noomz, what is your sig from ? I think I remember seeing something like that on Deviantart awhile back, but I couldn't find it when I searched.

Oh well.

I guess Bashiok killed it. At least he was honest for a change.
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.