Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anybody notice this silly issue

So I started an imperial agent to get a flavor for different classes. The game has done at least the setting masterfully. You get the flavor of the classes quick story wise. On a level 2 quest I was told by my handler that a Darth has taken interest in this operation. When asked why, he answered Sith have no obligation to tell us their reasons or something to that effect. It hits you in the head that you are nothing more than a specialized worker bee working for the sith (as is the intent of the class). The issue I noticed is that during quest animations, my imperial agent (level 2 atm) appears to be WEARING A SIDEARM instead of his blaster rifle. The problem with that, is that agent cant even wear pistols only rifles and electroknives at this point. It is as if somebody got lazy and imported smuggler animations for quests for the imperial agent.

Deleted
    He also holds a blaster when threatening in conversation

Deleted
    My Commando has also so far used some mystical pistol in every threat/execution cutscene except one, where I ran into the fray helping some troops while blasting my BFG. I mean, executing some traitor by blasting him with my BFG would be WAY more awesome!

Heh yeah, I noticed that on my Trooper. I thought it was odd too, though it would probably look even more odd if I whipped out my assault cannon in cutscenes just to threaten people. Kinda overdoing things, ya know? lol

yeah, you have a side arm in every cut scene, even though you cant actually use one.

sometimes you even go as far as to use it to threaten or shoot people or w/e. the whole time your rifle is slung over your shoulder :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    yeah, you have a side arm in every cut scene, even though you cant actually use one.

sometimes you even go as far as to use it to threaten or shoot people or w/e. the whole time your rifle is slung over your shoulder :P
    I dunno about you, but when I threaten someone, sidearms are much more convenient to access quickly than a rifle slung over my shoulder. =D
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

I think this is just a trend with Bioware. I can't speak to these incidents in particular, as I haven't leveled a blaster using class yet, but back in Mass Effect whenever you threatened or killed anyone in a cinematic you'd be using some kind of shank that never existed prior to those cinematics. It's probably just to save time not animating every blaster model for the cinematic. *shrug* I can't say for sure though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBalkoth View Post
    So I started an imperial agent to get a flavor for different classes. The game has done at least the setting masterfully. You get the flavor of the classes quick story wise. On a level 2 quest I was told by my handler that a Darth has taken interest in this operation. When asked why, he answered Sith have no obligation to tell us their reasons or something to that effect. It hits you in the head that you are nothing more than a specialized worker bee working for the sith (as is the intent of the class). The issue I noticed is that during quest animations, my imperial agent (level 2 atm) appears to be WEARING A SIDEARM instead of his blaster rifle. The problem with that, is that agent cant even wear pistols only rifles and electroknives at this point. It is as if somebody got lazy and imported smuggler animations for quests for the imperial agent.
    '

[little spoiler]

Worker bee working for a sith, yes. But later in the story the sith start to fear YOU, because you can stand toe to toe with them and even kill them.

---------- Post added 2012-01-07 at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Iyotanka View Post
    I think this is just a trend with Bioware. I can't speak to these incidents in particular, as I haven't leveled a blaster using class yet, but back in Mass Effect whenever you threatened or killed anyone in a cinematic you'd be using some kind of shank that never existed prior to those cinematics. It's probably just to save time not animating every blaster model for the cinematic. *shrug* I can't say for sure though.
    No, its just way more convenient to threaten with a blaster instead with a sniper rifle or in the trooper's case a GIANT CANNON.

Bounty hunters threaten with their blasters they get to wear ingame.

Yea this totally bothers me on my Imperial Agent.

Also as someone mentioned previously in Mass Effect I would always be holding an assault rifle in cut scenes, even with classes that couldn't use an assault rifle.

Deleted
    It's a BioWare thing. They like to tease us with weaponry we can not use. Just to mock us.

It must be!

it's like in dragon age origins where you might not have a knife equipped, but you always have one if you want one in a cut scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehfred View Post
    I dunno about you, but when I threaten someone, sidearms are much more convenient to access quickly than a rifle slung over my shoulder. =D
    LOL, it makes a lot of sense now!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pymeran View Post
    LOL, it makes a lot of sense now!
    In the IA's case, he could just use his vibroknife and point it at the victim's neck

Im sure this is my fault, but somewhere in chapter 3 of the Sith Jugg. quests I must've done something out of order - but my main goal was to free the Dread Lords. But, there were all these side quests having to do with that - well of course I freed them and finished that part - but as I finished up side quests many of them still referred to me freeing the dread lords or offering me help with freeing the dread lords...
    What's worse is my character seemed to also forget that he freed the Dread Lords because his answer choices all seemed to go along with me still needing to free them...
    Oh well - can't be perfect - still give the story and lore you get with this game 9.5

I've seen a lot of people saying that swtor is more like a single player game with some MMO thrown in, and I can totally see where that's coming from - I feel a little the same way. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!! In about 4 years of playing wow - re-rolling was always seen as tedious and a punishment for me to go through. Never once looked forward to it. Hit lvl 50 last night on the Jugg, I seriously cannot wait to start a new ALT! I WANT to level again. The games got that at least, brings me a desire to play - not an obligation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    In the IA's case, he could just use his vibroknife and point it at the victim's neck
    Then the question would be why are all these people letting me walk right up to them and slash their throat =/

Honestly, the pistol is way more "agent" like than an assault rifle. I love pulling that thing out for all my executions, makes it special in a way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Then the question would be why are all these people letting me walk right up to them and slash their throat =/

Honestly, the pistol is way more "agent" like than an assault rifle. I love pulling that thing out for all my executions, makes it special in a way.
    The people you threathen are often not strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    The people you threathen are often not strong.
    Course, most of our dealings and threats are delivered well outside arm's length.

Deleted
    I'd say it's worse on the Trooper though. Especially Commando.
    Why? Because I don't want that horrendously huge assault cannon and him using a blaster pistol in every other custscene makes me weep at night for my poor combat medic can hardly carry his weapon.

Deleted
    would you complain also if one cutscene you're seen eating with a knife and a fork and you don't have them in your inventory?

they'd have to redo all those animations for different weapon types, I think they just decided it wouldn't be worth the time.