Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    I think he means that if for example 2 Sith Warriors are grouped and on the same exact class quest that you need to do it 2 times. I just had that happen in Tattooine, when I entered first it was my story area and he could help but would not get quest credit and vice versa.
    Exactly what I mean. As a MMO game that reduces the immersive value of the game. As a single player game it does not do that as much (when you are playing alone. Thus I feel the game is more of a single player driven than MMO driven since the storyarc is the basis of the game. And that was me answering those players that said I had no right to call it more of a single player driven game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    I think he means that if for example 2 Sith Warriors are grouped and on the same exact class quest that you need to do it 2 times. I just had that happen in Tattooine, when I entered first it was my story area and he could help but would not get quest credit and vice versa.
    Oh, that happened to me on Taris. I thought it was bug but that isn't exactly game breaking and doesn't keep you from entering the story areas at all. It's just a little awkward how the owner of the story discredits others of the same class and you need to do it again.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadanon View Post
    So... as a MMO .... doing the same storyline twice in the same instance with a member of the same class does not reduce the immersive world for you. It does for me. Thus I say its a single payer driven content - Not MMO one.
    LoL thats funny. It does not indeed remove the immersion for me or for many others because people always have that sinking feeling of what if? Well in groups they can see how different dialogue options play out.

Deleted
    So he hasn't realised it yet? Or just plainly not telling the truth ?

The text is there - its there for a reason. If you can turn it off does not mean you can enter the same area doing the same story arc at the same time with a fellow class member.
    Seriously, you're boneheaded. The fact that you can turn it off doesn't mean you can turn it off?
    Last edited by mmocf0c1a2ac32; 2012-01-07 at 06:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly what I mean. As a MMO game that reduces the immersive value of the game. As a single player game it does not do that as much (when you are playing alone. Thus I feel the game is more of a single player driven than MMO driven since the storyarc is the basis of the game. And that was me answering those players that said I had no right to call it more of a single player driven game.
    You still don't. Even if you wanna rest your entire case on that one giant head of a pin, you still can't discredit the fact that your much beloved group questing is in currently still aroudn in swtor. Add to this social points, bonus xp for grouping, flashpoints and you still have a great mmo experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    I like how people say SWTOR is a single player game, makes it easier to discredit them.
    I love StarWars TOR, my favorite MMO, mostly because I feel like I am playing a tradtional Table Top RPG with a samll group, me and a good freind are leveing up some chracters together so we get to watch a group and single character stories evolve. Its awesome most fun I have had playing MMOs in 14 yeas of playing MMOs.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said previously, its all about how you approach the game. If you want it to be a single player game god bless. Go forth and multiply. If you wan't to have group experiences, they are indeed available in the game and are quite rewarding.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing this. Seems to be an obvious trolling attempt by the OP and his responses. Players can do other classes story missions. This game has as many if not more MMO features while leveling than any MMO ever made and at end game so no it isn't a single player RPG with tacked on MMO features. It isn't a series of hallways. The population isn't declining. Wow-Cata sales dropped far more significantly in the second week. MMO sales always massively decline after week 1, yadayada.