Poll: ?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    It shouldn't just be titles, it should also be old raiding meta mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    people actually like to wear titles later on just because they look/sound cool.
    I still wear Starcaller on my Warrior even tho I got it in wrath.
    I use Starcaller on two of my characters even though they have way more prestigious titles, easily one of the coolest titles in the game.
    Last edited by Siri; 2012-01-07 at 06:58 PM.

Deleted
    You will think I'm stupid, but I respect the content and don't do any raid achievment when I outlevel the content (for example, I just miss 2 achievements for the 10m uldu drake but I won't get it now, I failed to get it before, my bad, I'll have to do better with the current content !).
    My vote was : make a lvl/ilvl restriction

Quote Originally Posted by Vulmio View Post
    You will think I'm stupid, but I respect the content and don't do any raid achievment when I outlevel the content (for example, I just miss 2 achievements for the 10m uldu drake but I won't get it now, I failed to get it before, my bad, I'll have to do better with the current content !).
    My vote was : make a lvl/ilvl restriction
    There's nothing stupid about that. The only value titles and special mounts have is to be a symbol of an achievement. Take that away and they're just a meaningless string of text and a slightly differently colored version of a mount everyone has. There's absolutely no point in getting them after the content has become obsolete, besides a pathetic attempt to appear to be more skilled than you actually are by flashing your fake titles and mounts in a city.

Just link your achieve to show that you got it pre-tier. Who cares? I ran ICC numerous times in cata to help someone get shadowmourne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    Finally someone uses the Second Amendment for what it was meant for: Shooting people who do stuff you don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    There's nothing stupid about that. The only value titles and special mounts have is to be a symbol of an achievement. Take that away and they're just a meaningless string of text and a slightly differently colored version of a mount everyone has. There's absolutely no point in getting them after the content has become obsolete, besides a pathetic attempt to appear to be more skilled than you actually are by flashing your fake titles and mounts in a city.
    Or because you happen to like that particular re-color of a mount, or the string of text next to your characters name sounds appealing. The rewards associated with achievements are just flavor, what really counts is the date written on said achievement.

My Fire mage uses "Flame Warden" for example, while having far more "prestigious" (and current) titles. Heck, one of the top druids in my realm runs around with Jenkins.

-edit-

Also, several guildies protested when we took a week off Heroic Rag progression to get the FL achievement mount as they thought it looked liked shit and would never use it!
    Last edited by Dakara; 2012-01-07 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    It shouldn't just be titles, it should also be old raiding meta mounts.
    3.1 says hello.
    They did it once and said that will not do that again

yawn, incase you haven't noticed blizzard is more concerned with social networking then gaming content, maybe they trying to compete with facebook

but yeah quit the game for awhile, come back in mop and you can get the titles nerds spent months on getting for no benefit at all in a pug . This isn't tbc where titles meant something. Hand of Adal > then any title after ulduar.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    What, exactly, is wrong with wanting to feel special?
    People within the community hate the snow flake thing, I on the other hand adore it

Death's Demise for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokki View Post
    Poor you, not getting to show off your titles. You wanna feel special?
    Ain't that like the whole point of titles? At least some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    They should be removed when the next patch hits. I mean the whole point of them is to signify an achievement, after the content is obsoleted they lose their function. I know multiple people who got Light of Dawn after Cata and wear it proudly, personally I can't really think of anything more pathetic than that.
    Maybe for you, but you don't speak for the rest of us.

Didn't know you were a mindreader since you know why people use outdated achievments! On my Paladin I will wear Crusader/Light of the Dawn because that title suits the paladin class very well, I don't use my titles to show off, I use them because I like the sound of them combined with my characters name/RP reasons.

What I find the most pathetic is the people who really care for such things as this, I mean really, how does it harm your playing time in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    People within the community hate the snow flake thing, I on the other hand adore it

Death's Demise for life.
    Good for you, keep wearing that title with pride, all the ones earned in ICC and cata are worth shit since you can get them along as the game survives, but hey other players also pay the same amount of money as you and deserve to get these titles in a faceroll pug at level 90, it's only fair.

My suggestion to people at this point in time is stop wasting your life raiding hardcore and go casual, it's what blizzard wants you to do.

I personally love this about WoW. I think the more they make once hard to get things in wow easy as hell to get - the better the game gets. I love grouping with the light of dawn paladin that isn't sure if righteous fury is something he wants ON or OFF while tanking. I want to see more people on mimirons head mount in Ogri or SW that I can whisper - "cool mount man, firefighter is a bitch huh?" Only to get a reply of "what's firefighter?". Really warms my heart when that happens. Makes everything I do in wow feel more worthwhile and that I'm not actually wasting my life and time. 2 million +1 anyone, anyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightotem View Post
    Good for you, keep wearing that title with pride, all the ones earned in ICC and cata are worth shit since you can get them along as the game survives, but hey other players also pay the same amount of money as you and deserve to get these titles in a faceroll pug at level 90, it's only fair.

My suggestion to people at this point in time is stop wasting your life raiding hardcore and go casual, it's what blizzard wants you to do.
    Wish Realm first heroic LK had a title =/ but nooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    people actually like to wear titles later on just because they look/sound cool.
    I still wear Starcaller on my Warrior even tho I got it in wrath.
    Starcaller was in wrath? lol I assume you meant ICC

Do people even care if the title was earned when the content is old or new? When i see someone with a wotlk title i don't sit there wondering if they got it this week or 2 years ago, i honestly couldn't care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokki View Post
    Poor you, not getting to show off your titles. You wanna feel special?
    Yes i want feel special. I dont wanna see People running around with Titles they DO NOT DESERVE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    Do people even care if the title was earned when the content is old or new? When i see someone with a wotlk title i don't sit there wondering if they got it this week or 2 years ago, i honestly couldn't care.
    A lot of people within the game have pride. It's human nature of there accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Wish Realm first heroic LK had a title =/ but nooooooo
    It does, doesn't it? I thought it was <name> 'Saronite Bomber'

I'm sorry that was world first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hey Mr. Ohsobitter - a newsflash! Everything in this game really is worth shit. Because...wait for it...it is a game that won't do nothing for you in RL and you won't even remember why you were all angry about in 10 years.
    It's amazing the number ogf people suffering from multiple personalities disorder... One of their personality appears when they log in the game, and when they disconect, a new personality appears and forget everything.