Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I've had a compound fracture of my femur, so once you have felt it, seeing it isn't so bad.
    sorry man, but you kinda nuts

I fully split my right radius and ulna 23 years ago, 2 surgeries to fix them. Nowadays, just hearing the sound of wood being snapped give me the chills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I've had a compound fracture of my femur, so once you have felt it, seeing it isn't so bad.
    ...Ouch...
    I tear up at paper cuts.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mens-col...-video-scandal

Mike Rice out at Rutgers after a video of him throwing basketballs and him swearing/insults at the players. I have to say on the one hand I'm not surprised as there is a lot of pressure to win even at the college level. On the hand it was still a shock to actually see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/mens-col...-video-scandal

Mike Rice out at Rutgers after a video of him throwing basketballs and him swearing/insults at the players. I have to say on the one hand I'm not surprised as there is a lot of pressure to win even at the college level. On the hand it was still a shock to actually see it.
    The big issue was that originally when the department was made aware of the video in November/December last year, they only gave Rice a 3 game suspension, and once that video was shown to the public did they make their move to release him.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I'm a student at Rutgers right now (currently a freshman). The general feeling up here (besides "fuck the media... go away") is that NO ONE HERE CARED. The players came out in support of him.

This news coverage has actually managed to force out the AD as well. The same AD that got us into the B10. Once again, ESPN gets its way with media bullying.

Oh how's that Auburn thing ESPN? Haven't mentioned it in two days? I'm sure you don't play favorites.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I'm a student at Rutgers right now (currently a freshman). The general feeling up here (besides "fuck the media... go away") is that NO ONE HERE CARED. The players came out in support of him.

This news coverage has actually managed to force out the AD as well. The same AD that got us into the B10. Once again, ESPN gets its way with media bullying.

Oh how's that Auburn thing ESPN? Haven't mentioned it in two days? I'm sure you don't play favorites.
    Yeah,, But lets face it. The guy is a tool and I wonder how many top prospects would pass over Rutgers after seeing a grown man throwing tantrums.. And no top prospects equals bad teams which is no fun for for students/alumni as well as no big $$$ for Rutgers.

If the media can run someone like Bobby Knight out of town with his amazing record. Then they certainly can do the same for a little pissant coach with a losing record. He brought it on himself.

Agree with you about the AD though. Stupid move.
    Last edited by kunah; 2013-04-05 at 08:28 PM.
    Operation Red Wing

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    5 players in the last few years did transfer out of Rutgers that has to tell you something. I agree I don't think the AD should have gotten fired I also don't think the coach should have gotten fired just because he already gotten is punishment for the crime and when the Media came picking at it is when they (Rutgers) decided to fire him pretty gimp if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post

If this were some kind of internal issue, then I'd be inclined to agree with you. But when you have the evidence on tape, you absolutely cannot defend something like that. It sucks the AD has to go, but that's not necessarily a product of media. It could just be a "covering our asses" because of the severity of the issue.

SOOOOOOOOOOO. Those NCAA Finals.

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 11:50 PM ----------

Louisville :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats to Louisville! The State of Kentucky has won the last two NCAA Championships. Yeah, we're pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drfireburns View Post
    Congrats to Louisville! The State of Kentucky has won the last two NCAA Championships. Yeah, we're pretty awesome.
    I thought UConn won last year?
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    I thought UConn won last year?
    2011- UConn
    2012- Kentucky
    2013- Louisville

Happy Birthday, Bill Self. I didn't even know Kansas was in the running for Wiggins.
    My hunter is the genetic love child of Liam Neeson, the Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris. You lose.

<broken image snip>