Poll: Who should sue?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Teen threatens sue over faking her own identity and being deported

In Texas, a 15 yr old girl was caught shoplifting and faked her own identity. She told police that she was a Colombian women and gave them the name Tika Lanay Cortez, a Colombian woman born in 1990.

After going through a lengthy process, fingerprints are checked, identity checked, multiple interviews, multiple proceedings, court appearance, and final deportation process with a job, the teen still claims she is a Colombian woman and seems to have no problem with being deported.

The only complaint she had during the entire process was that it seems kinda "boring" in Colombia....

Now after the girl was sent back home, the teen wants to sue the Colombia government, the Houston Police, and the Immigration enforcement for violating her civil rights.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jakadrien-t...1#.TwioeNWeq8A

http://abcnews.go.com/US/american-te...1#.TwiqDdWeq8B

In the poll, do you think it ok for her to sue or do you think the state should be suing her for reparations?

Personally, I might be one of the few in here that honestly cares about where their tax dollars are going. Shouldn't she have to pay the state for wasting their time and money because she lied?

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    a 15 yr old girl was caught shoplifting.
    After going through a lengthy process, fingerprints are checked, identity checked, multiple interviews, multiple proceedings, court appearance, and final deportation process with a job
    Oh yeah, awesome use of money there Texas!
    This is extremely retarded - I wonder how they convict actual criminals

Deleted
    America has a legal system for actual criminals? LOL.

I laughed my *** right off!

Trolling lvl : > 9000!

10+ Year Old Account
    the law should allow them to have chopped her hand off for stealing, then let her go and be on her way, maybe point her the direction of a hospital, that way it doesn't matter where she lives, people will know she was caught stealing, and she probably won't do it again

or in a more civilised way, she broke the law, screw her rights /shrug

Hmmmmmmmmm. Deportation actually sounds like a pretty good way to get the government to send me to another country for free. Well played girl, well played.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Papalenin View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmm. Deportation actually sounds like a pretty good way to get the government to send me to another country for free. Well played girl, well played.
    i was just thinking the same thing, i wonder if i can use this method to get free citizenship to another country lol. says on the article she got given Colombian citizenship

10+ Year Old Account
    Kill it with fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Oh yeah, awesome use of money there Texas!
    This is extremely retarded - I wonder how they convict actual criminals
    How do we convict actual criminals?

Try em and fry em! Or, more modernly, collect em and inject em.
    Last edited by Neganova; 2012-01-07 at 09:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Can't tell if the teen is more retarded or the government is more retarded. She should never have gotten deported, even with her lying, but she should also not be lying about that.

Overall I think this shows some ineptitude in that particular section of the government. Beyond that, we should pretend that this retarded incident didn't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, she is not really from Colombia, therefore, even when she get there, she has no right, and the Colobia government can either throw her in prison or deport her back to Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    How do we convict actual criminals?

Try em and fry em! Or, more modernly, collect em and inject em.
    lmfao, you sir have made my night + internets

thats + 3 intersnets to 3 different people today you guys are on a roll today with great comments
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

You just know they checked almost nothing the moment they thought "hey we could deport her". What she did was retarded, but the fact she succeeded seriously puts to question how they actually go through the process of deporting someone.

To bad Colombia didn't toss her in jail.

She should be able to sue, but she should not win.

But government did screw up in this case, big time. But to reward someone for believing their lies? no.

I dont know who to pin the Stupid of the Year award to here.

If she swore up and down she was that woman, AND she was stupid enough to think they were bluffing about deportation...we should have just left her there.

Girl shoplifts, claims she Columbian, insists she's Columbian, convinces them she's Columbian, gets deported to Columbia, and then threatens to sue because she got deported to Columbia.

This is either lies, or my new 1st place holder for dumbest thing ever I have ever heard ever.