Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrina View Post
    that his brother with down syndrome did lfr
    Gotta be carefull yelling out retard next time I get frustrated over someone...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Un0 View Post
    LFR is not so great when you lose every single item you need and roll for, for 2 weeks straight on 3 different characters....
    Normal modes are over there ->

I kinda wish they'd take out all gear and only drop VP. Bring back being able to buy tier stuff with VP. Getting quite tired of reading "bad dps got my gear waaaaaah".

Deleted
    LFR is not so great when you lose every single item you need and roll for, for 2 weeks straight on 3 different characters....
    and thats the problem, people are doing LFR for loot, not to see the content, that way they get greedy and start acting like asses to each other, even some people just go afk for whole boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Yes but blizzard should be actively encouraging players to try harder content and learn their class better, it's not like the content isn't available, they just need pointed in the right direction.
    No. Not everyone plays a game to become a master of it, or even good. They play to have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    No. Not everyone plays a game to become a master of it, or even good. They play to have fun.
    Surely you jest?

I liked the idea of LFR but it went from learning encounters to free loot. I really don't see what people find so fun about it. It's like a boring dungeon. If the loot was 378 or never even existed then many people would go from calling it fun to calling it worthless.

LFR caters to a large audience and as long as hardmodes stay difficult, I don't see why casuals and hardcore raiders both can't be happy with the new system. People who normally would never see any of the raid content will get to explore parts of the game they never would have seen. They don't get the same rewards (ie. Loot) and new players get to learn how to raid in a forgiving environment before running blind into normal 10/25 mans.

people are really amusing. give them exactly what they want and they still find something to whine about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Blizzard seem to just encourage people to be bad at their game, instead of implementing resources to teach them their class better. I guarantee that 90% of the people on LFR who do sub 20k dps could be at a decent level attempting hardmodes if they knew about websites such as EJ, had decent addons and a good UI. Wow isn't a hard game even at the top level, it just requires a bit of knowledge. The game should be about accomplishing things and feeling proud about it, theres no accomplishment for the majority of people completing LFR - the difficulty level is really just too low / not challenging at all. E.g. being able to completely ignore mechanics such as not even killing oozes on Yor'sahj.
    I'm with Mudkiper on this one.

While LFR might still be fun for a few more weeks, don't tell me that when everyone and their brother with Downs got to kill DW on week 2, that LFR will last until MoP.

People going afk, people cheating their way in, people being jerks about loot, people wiping the raid over and over by ninja pulling and people doing less dmg than the tanks=NOT a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzest View Post
    Lfr is for seeing content, not getting loot.
    Well, you can quite litterary "see" the content only a few times before you have "seen it all". And with the current difficulty of LFR bosses this seeing the content was done after one kill. So, how can any LFR-runs subsequent that point be for anything but loot? ("loot" here also partly include valor)

But /cynic mode off for a second. I am glad more people actually get to see the content made, but i can't for the life of me understand why both LFR and normal mode has to be so incredibly low tuned (as in really really easy).

LFR will keep me subbed as a really casual raider well into MoP, and i appreciate that.

And normal raiding is different because....?

Deleted
    LFR is awesome, just a few people dont like when others are playing with their toys

LFR isn't great for everyone. There are a few different ways of thinking on it.

One is that it allows access to content without pushing players at all into deep knowledge of game mechanics or their class. We've all seen a low dps in LFR or maybe the hunter at 85 who didn't know what a frost trap was or how to use it.

The other thought is that it further fragments the players. It'll make it even harder for guilds to find players for guild raiding long-term. It won't set out to do this, but laziness and convenience will generally win out over work and commitment. It's easier to log on anytime and raid then stick to a strict schedule of X hours a week.

I really feel Blizzard's attempts at getting "everyone" has started showing by alienating and fragmenting parts of its player base. You don't have to look any further than forums to see this effect. I honestly think if the developers would have one design goal and do it well instead of trying to get everyone this game would be in a better state than it is. Not that it's bad, just I think it could be way better.

@Disgruntler

Because in normal modes you are far more likely to run with people you know, and unless all those people are pricks or none of the items you need drops, you will most likely come out of the raid with at least a few pieces. This is not the case with LFR-loot&forget.

Edit:clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Deathm0nk3y View Post
    LFR caters to a large audience and as long as hardmodes stay difficult, I don't see why casuals and hardcore raiders both can't be happy with the new system. People who normally would never see any of the raid content will get to explore parts of the game they never would have seen. They don't get the same rewards (ie. Loot) and new players get to learn how to raid in a forgiving environment before running blind into normal 10/25 mans.
    I don't know. I'm casual and have killed Deathwing twice on normal. It only took four hours over a two night span. In a few weeks it will probably take three hours or less and then a heroic or two will be thrown into the mix. I don't do much more than that each week on average.

The whole casual thing kind of bugs me. I did FL HM 6/7 as a casual player with a lot of other casual players. We only tried HM Rag for a couple pulls. In retrospect I wished we tried more but nobody cared that much about it at the time. Not seeing content is about refusing to make minimal effort or just being a poorly skilled player. As a casual player who doesn't try all that hard to clear normal content I just can't help but to view LFR as a playpen for bad players.

I'm glad your friend's brother had a great time in LFR. Unfortunately, you're still wrong. LFR is great for him right now. It does NOT follow that it is great for everyone, and it really isn't great for everyone.

LFR is great and all right now, but wait a month or two and watch the queue times get extended to absurd lengths.

Once the loud-mouthed casuals who complain about not having the time to do progression raiding or whatever get all the gear they need, they're just going to stop queueing. Hell, once they get bored of how easy LFR is, they'll stop queueing. Pug groups one-shot the LFR bosses the first day it was released. There is just absolutely no challenge to the content, and people will burn out on it.

LFR will be great at the start of every tier, but it will fizzle out and slowly become more and more miserable until the next tier is released.

I was one of the first people to be skeptical of the LFR system and what it would do to raiding prestige.

Sometimes I forget that 90% of the playerbase don't have the time to commit to raiding. I found out on friday night at a friends house that his brother with down syndrome did lfr and loved it. It brought a lot of smiles and laughter and he was so excited that he showed my friend the demise of Deathwing.

Ifr really does give players at all levels the oppertunity to see all the content in the game and blizzard should be praised for this feature. Hardcore raiders still get the harder content and still get to epeen with titles until the heroic content is cleared by the rest of the playerbase an expansion later.
    Well, I like the fact that everyone gets to do it, but the fact that it was so easily cleared through personally ruined it for me. I'm raiding for the experience, and now that I've experienced Dragon Soul, albeit not on a hard difficulty, I don't see any reason to go do Normal and Heroic. I don't do Dragon Soul anymore, I think the raid is embarassing, and I think that LFR is part of to blame for that. Although I'm one of out millions, I'd rather have the majority have fun than have my ego fed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I forget that 90% of the playerbase don't have the time to commit to raiding.
    It may be 90% of the players claiming they don't have the time, but realistically I think about 50%+ are people who just can't do it due to lack of "abilities".., and time just happens to be the most convenient (however abused) excuse there is.

Some guy wrote it will drizzle out over a period of a month / two months, merely cause its no different then LFD.., people do it til they have the gear they want, its literally all it comes down to, all the horses*** about being able to see it due to storyline etc might be they're secondary reason. (In some cases) Why you say? Cause most who love LFR run it several times on multiple characters.., and that isn't to experience the story multiple times.., if the story was the main thing, they could have watched the trailers..

Wish people would stop hidding behind lame excuses n' just be open n' straight forward.

Everything in the game speaks to peoples vanity.., no matter what your trying to achieve, if your collecting pets (example), then chances are your doing it cause you've got some minor competition with a friend / guildie.., its no different for most raiders, variety in gear got taken away, different achievements got taken away, different mounts got taken away.

All thats been done since the end of WotlK is take vanity from the raiding community n' spoon feed it to the casuals.., whats wrong in having stuff to aspire for, if casuals was so interested in having access to some vanity things.., start working for it, not everything in life is meant to be fuckin free.
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2012-01-08 at 08:40 PM.

Deleted
    I have a kinda neutral opinion.

I see that the LFR tool is great in the fact that it allows all players (once they get the ilvl req ofc) to see the content without having to be in a guild raid or anything and also brings the possiblity to gear up slightly from the previous tier.

However I also see that the community has started to flame Blizz more and QQ on forums and whatnot about it because although I agree that it takes less skill to do ( that's the point of it after all) some people lose tokens unfairly because the loot system is rather flawed giving bonuses on roll to those who don't need it, some people roll need on items they DON'T need or even want and that creates flames.

At the end of the day it depends on how you see it. I like to take advantage of it; sure I've been annoyed about losing some rolls or that only half of the time will an item drop that is viable for cloth dps casters (my main is a mage [ so frustraing when other classes like dk's always get a drop when my mage doesn't get a drop, i dont mean that i cant use like an upgrade, i mean i rarely even see an item for a mage) but life goes on.