Thread: Deus ex: GOTY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    I do no recommend playing that game, it shows its age extremely. you should try Deus Ex: invisible war.
    the fact that you even recommend DX:IW over the original shows that you have bad taste in games. invisible war was bad in comparison with the original. there were so many concessions made for console games that it's not even funny. it was far shorter, far more linear, the RPG elements were dumbed down to basically 5 body parts with 3 mods each, compared to 10 (?) body parts with 2-8 choices each, with each mod having between 1 and 9 different stages in human revolution. the story was rather dull and unimaginative, i can't even remember the plot. the worst thing about it was that all weapons used the same ammo, and you could only keep a max of 9 or so ammo. so if you wanted to go guns blazing, you needed to use cheap weapons, and only 1 or 2. i even went into the config files to edit my ammo usage just so i could actually play my way.

Do not get Deus ex 2 it is terrible do not suggest it. Get the first one, it is plainly better then most modern day shoots, the only probably is its graphics, and if you care about that rather then story or gameplay then get it, first game i ever played and ive never liked gaming since, nothing has compared, this game actually managed to ruin gaming for me, i mean it ruined gaming hard, as nothing came within a mile of that piece of art. Game design that is just on another level, it should have been the standard but most game designer just seem to find it to hard to think a game through as well as they did, pick it up , play it, if you dont like it due to graphics, dont bother with gaming tbh

This game is insanely good aside from ONE thing, forced boss battles. That, i feel, is the only major flaw.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post

Oh come on, somebody had to post it!

Yes it's a great game, but it's like Metal Gear Solid. It might prove to be too much for you to handle so some might call it boring.
    At the very least, it's made me dig out the install disk.

Deleted
    It's still a great game. There's plenty of older games which have some problems with them but the pros far outweigh the cons. Take Goldeneye - the AI is terrible in that game, but it doesn't spoil it.
    Last edited by mmoc2f7dfebfb1; 2012-01-10 at 11:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post
    *everytime you mention deus ex someone reinstalls it picture*

Oh come on, somebody had to post it!

Yes it's a great game, but it's like Metal Gear Solid. It might prove to be too much for you to handle so some might call it boring.
    I never understood why people uninstall Deus Ex in the first place. All this reinstalling must get annoying after a while.

I have been playing it for over an hour and it is great so far. I uploaded an image, because I am not sure if the HD mods are working, do this seem like HD http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...0222906539176?

Thanks
    The wooden planks are definitely HD in that picture, I can't really see anything else very well so it's hard to judge on that.
    Last edited by Ishu; 2012-01-10 at 05:16 AM.

Brilliant game.

Great conversations, many ways to accomplish things, can play stealth or guns blazing, futuristic setting, cool npcs, great storyline. it goes on and on.

While you at it install Half-Life 1 THE ORIGINAL, opposing force, blueshift etc.
    Please visit my blog. 5000 + Screenshots of my experience in WoW. Work in Progress. visit it @

15+ Year Old Account
    It's gotyay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    if you got 2 hours, there's a video from Totalbiscuit where he plays through the first level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOIx_i8dTLA
    Two hours? You could no-kill your way through the first few levels of the game in two hours.

I do no recommend playing that game, it shows its age extremely. you should try Deus Ex: invisible war.
    You're joking, right? Invisible War is like Deus Ex for slow children. Every single aspect of the original was dumbed down so it could be playable on consoles. It's not a bad game on its own, but compared to the first Deus Ex? It's garbage.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow