Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Here's our kill video from our Disc Priest, I'll be uploading my Enhance PoV soonish, just haven't gotten around to it yet ^_^.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHOe-...3&feature=plcp

Raid Comp:

Blood DK

Disc Priest
    Holy Paladin

Boomkin
    Survival Hunter
    Enhance Shaman
    Elemental Shaman
    Combat Rogue
    Destruction Warlock
    Fire Mage

Our Holy Paladin had 4 Set, but this was the only tier gear that anyone had (First week of Heroics). Blood DK's seem to be the preffered for this fight.

Our Raid Leader explains what to do for each of them in the video I think, so try follow it as closely as possible ^_^.

GL
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Quote Originally Posted by armone View Post
    I believe black — green — red — yellow is the hardest combination. We kill green also but we use heroism and CDs here.

How difficult is black — purple — red — yellow for you? I'd personally kill yellow here.
    Agreed. The thing about this one is there is tons of spiky damage going out but deliberately putting yourself through two or more b/r/y phases is just insane. Definitely with b/P/R/Y KILL YELLOW. If you leave up purple and kill yellow you'll find its not as bad as how you are doing it currently. Leave the boomkin and use his tranq during shit your pants healing phase ie when you have black/red/yellow to ease it up on the healers. Also a trick that helped us a bit with recovering between phases especially after r/y/b and b/r/p was for our druid tank to tranq after his debuff went away and dps were killing the next ooze. It helps your healers a ton.

Our druid tank uses the Tol Barad mastery trinket (essentially non DK ams) to help mitigate the damage he takes and it works great for him. IF you are having trouble with the enrage then sit a dps full time on the boss and make sure you are handling the blue oozes correctly (not killing the first one and using mana cd's for the first spawn) and then weakening it with cleave damage and a few dots so you can kill it immediately as soon as the next one spawns.

You dont have a bad set up for this encounter. Its nice to have a shadow priest lots of fill in heals and most of the fight is about survival at least it was for us when we downed it. On r/b/y you have your tanks cd, healer tranq, spirit link, spriest hymn, boomkin tranq all of these things combined with lust you should have NO problem surviving (the little bit of lost dps in this phase isnt unbearable).

Also something I noticed for us was that whenever red was up for any period of time it was easily doing 80k hits where we were all stacked up when it should be doing less. ANY time red is up everyone stacks RIGHT betweent he bosses legs. A yard back from it and people were taking 20k more damage. I'm not sure if that is the intention but thats how it was looking back at our logs and our positioning. Our setup is:

Druid tank - 4 piece
    Pally heals
    Disc Priest
    Frost DK
    Ret Pally
    Fire Mage
    Combat Rogue
    Demo lock
    Boomkin
    Hunter

It also helped for us to focus on the black adds whenever they were up. We were cutting it really close to the enrage with our dps when we 3 healed it (10%) but when we switched our frost dk to the boss and dpsing the blue orb with everyone focusing on cleaving and killing the black adds we had about 40 seconds until enrage when he died. It helps with the little bits of damage. Make sure that your fire mage is saving his combustion for the black adds.

I think thats about it. Also this addon is amazing. It certainly helped me so i wouldnt have a freak out while calling things out http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/yorsahj

Sorry for grammar and spelling >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotbotdotcom View Post
    We have always done it with 3 healers, after the first week of facerolling normal DS, we one shotted heroic morchok and went to yor'sahj and wiped our asses off simply because our 2 healers (priest / druid ) couldn't cope with the damage and we later found that our priest also blew the purple stack by having binds he didn't know of himself - the reset after that we went with 3 healers and killed it quite easily.

Here is a log of this week's kill attempt, we did it with 6 DPS and were 30 seconds off the enrage timer with one of our DPS being fucking horrible (ele shaman, his main spec has been resto, just swapped over)- <WoL link>

I would say that if decent DPS go with 3 healers.
    Right, I compared your raid's DPS on Yor'sahj to ours, and we seem to be missing ~14k DPS purely on Yor'sahj. Even if we did go for 3 healing it, another resto druid wouldn't bring that much because it seems we are having difficulties with purple.

Something else that popped out is that we had a couple of DPS doing ~15k DPS on Yor'sahj. Would it be of any help with the damage if we brought an extra tank? Our prot paladin has 4set, as does our bear tank, so that could definately help in further mitigating raid damage.

We will also look into aiming for yellow with y/b/p/r and possibly even yellow with r/g/b/y.

Thanks for all the input so far!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Johri View Post
    Right, I compared your raid's DPS on Yor'sahj to ours, and we seem to be missing ~14k DPS purely on Yor'sahj. Even if we did go for 3 healing it, another resto druid wouldn't bring that much because it seems we are having difficulties with purple.

Something else that popped out is that we had a couple of DPS doing ~15k DPS on Yor'sahj. Would it be of any help with the damage if we brought an extra tank? Our prot paladin has 4set, as does our bear tank, so that could definately help in further mitigating raid damage.

We will also look into aiming for yellow with y/b/p/r and possibly even yellow with r/g/b/y.

I wouldn't kill yellow in r/g/b/y, you can try but I know we tried a few times and the damage is just retarded. We always kill yellow except if it is green + red where we always kill green.

And what about the purple stacks, who gets blown? The tank or just random people? With 3 Healers we put one healer dedicated to the tank and then have our other 2 healers calling out the name of the people they are going to heal so they aren't healing the same person, and although quite obvious, don't use any AoE heals, only big single heals.

And if one of your DPS is doing 15k DPS, something is very very very wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotbotdotcom View Post
    I wouldn't kill yellow in r/g/b/y, you can try but I know we tried a few times and the damage is just retarded. We always kill yellow except if it is green + red where we always kill green.

And what about the purple stacks, who gets blown? The tank or just random people? With 3 Healers we put one healer dedicated to the tank and then have our other 2 healers calling out the name of the people they are going to heal so they aren't healing the same person, and although quite obvious, don't use any AoE heals, only big single heals.

And if one of your DPS is doing 15k DPS, something is very very very wrong.
    From the looks of it it's usually the tank that gets blown a couple of times and a healer gets blown every now and then. The 15k is on Yor'sahj alone, so the adds etc aren't included. Our overall DPS is significantly higher except for the fire mage and the boomkin on most attempts.

Deleted
    black — blue — green — purple
    black — blue — green — red
    black — blue — purple — yellow
    black — green — red — yellow (heroism)
    black — purple — red — yellow
    blue — green — purple — yellow

This is easiest.

black — green — red — yellow

That's the priority we go with. We use a Prot Pally and a Feral Cat with the necessary talents to tank. He will tank after our Pally takes about three stacks. This helps make Purple phases more stable, and allows healers in the RBY phase to focus more on the raid. We also get an extra raid cooldown this way. Our first kill was like 45s before the enrage, and our latest kill was like 35s before the enrage, lol.

In any case, to critique your priorities...

In black - blue - green - purple, green really doesn't hit that hard, and being 10m, you should take advantage of the fact that you can leave green up. We just spread out and kill black because the healing just really isn't an issue, and this allows the DPS MUCH more time on the boss. Black adds suck a lot of DPS off of the boss, and if you're worried about the enrage at all, I'd look into making this change. If you're not and you just want to pad meters a bunch, then go for it.

I have no idea why you'd kill Purple in black - purple - red - yellow. Having to go through two sets of RYB is just masochism! It's also a very good way to leave a large part of the fight to chance. You need to have several cooldowns up to survive one, and if you get those two back to back, it'll very likely be a wipe. Red hits very hard, but it hits very, very infrequently, and Black really doesn't hit very hard at all. You'll probably want to blow a cooldown to get through this since you'll have Purple up, but to be honest, it's perfectly doable. I just don't see why you'd put yourself through two RYBs.

Druids are actually amazing for phases with purple up. Rejuv has an extremely high healing per execute time, and a healing per cast competitive with direct heals. Because most combinations aren't immediately life threatening, Rejuv is a great spell. Of course a properly geared Shaman will blow it out of the water with the Riptide buff + mastery buffed GHW, but yeah.

I know people have talked about it, but I really don't like leaving up red and green together. The main reason is that even if you can negate the proximity effects of both, it's still an absolute fuckton of damage you have to heal through. Black is much easier to heal through than Green, and it really only sucks because it takes DPS away from the boss. I don't know. We tried it, and we ended up preferring eating RBY. You should definitely try it and see if it works for you, though.

Deleted
    are the warrior tank 2 set bonus and souldrinker weapon triggering the deep corruption stack?

Deleted
    Thanks guys for the input for this thread.

Johri's guild Ascendance downed Yor'sahj HC tonight because of this input.

Quote Originally Posted by armone View Post
    Is it easier to 3 heal this encounter now that DPS have more gear?
    On our first kill this week we had 3 healers, 27 seconds left on enrage when boss died. DPSers had around ilvl 393.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

i would attempt to avoid healing this fight with a druid if u can, hpala and shammy are ideal if raid comp allows it, any black and purple phase with a drood is gonna be harder than it should be

Deleted
    yellow+red is actually way worse then red+green, way way worse, and on 10m there really is no reason to kill green, cause you can all stack on boss, while being 4 yards apart. if the combo is with a bleck aswell, then killing green instead of yellow is really stupid.

black — green — red — yellow (perfect time for BL)

basically, as yellow will do dmg to EVERYONE with about the same ammount as red/green's minimum, AND it enchances all other abilitys+ increases the tank dmg as hell, this means that yellow is by far the most powerful blob of all. if there is a yellow, we kill it. Never ever let yellow trough.

we have it on farm and are oneshotting it with this strategy so it works very well. The only real obsticle here, after your healers have learned how to heal purple, is to get everyone to learn how to "spreadstack" fast.

the way we do it is that the healers and the mt stay on boss when we are about to take a red+green phase, and they place them self on each side of the tank, 4 yards from him. then the dps just follows up after blob is killed. When the circle is complete, you will all stand about 2 yards from the red circle that you can see below the boss when you have him as target. Took us 2-3 tries to perfect this "staspreading", and sence then it has been a oneshot.

Deleted
    I was told on 10man HC you can leave green up and just spread around the boss as melee will not get targeted. This way you can avoid purple and spam heal while keeping up blue?

10man seems harder then 25 as on 10 we use 6 healers and 10 uses 2 ^^

Deleted
    We just finished our second night of progressing on Yor'sahj 10 man heroic, and even though we definately did see some progression we were wondering if anyone over here could find out something we're doing wrong.

The setup we used tonight was:

Bear tank

Resto druid
    Resto shaman

Shadow priest
    Boomkin (usually healer)
    Ele shaman
    Frost DK
    Ret paladin (Usually prot)
    Combat rogue
    Fire mage

We'll be using the same setup tomorrow, with a small change; our Boomkin will heal, and we will have a feral DPS instead of the Boomkin. The rest stays the same.

We live by the following priorities:

black — green — red — yellow

If anyone could help me out and post our WoL considering this is my first post, we're guild/165666/ and the Yor'sahj progression was 07-01. Cheers!

We would appreciate it a lot if anyone can point out some flaws in our tactics.
    For my guilds kill we also went with double Red/Yellow/Black. We lusted + Tranq on one of them, then had our Resto Shaman use his 4p bonus (personal lust) and Spirit Link on the second one with our Shadow Priest using Healing Hymn (probably wasn't nessesary but decided too anyway - his DPS is really low cos he wasn't on in Firelands, only brought him for his DPS heals and Mana Hymn really).

Biggest problem is if you get R/Y/B twice in a row and healers haven't had a chance to catch up and/or your AoE DPS is low and you haven't killed all of the second wave of Black adds from the first R/Y/B by the time the second R/Y/B's first wave spawned. Whenever we got Black/Yellow together, we saved all DPS cooldowns until the second lot of adds spawned then blew everything to get them killed before switching onto the new slime. Too bad your boomkin is going back resto cos he'd be brilliant at this.

Also, Red/Yellow/Black will be much harder for you because your using a Bear. The yellow's raid damage is based on the amount of damage it did too the tank, so a DK is brilliant because they can just AMS and AMS becomes a huge AoE cooldown.

Only other tip I can give is if he doesn't have it, make sure you give 4p bonus to your tank. On my guilds first week on Yor'sahj we just couldn't survive R/Y/B, came back next week with DK having 4p bonus and killed it. Tank bonuses are amazing.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 12:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    On our first kill this week we had 3 healers, 27 seconds left on enrage when boss died. DPSers had around ilvl 393.
    Your guild must have insane DPS O.o My guild's DPS is not brilliant but not horrible either, and we 2 healed it and made the enrage by like 2 seconds..... We did have 1 DPS in like ilevel 375 doing like 24k dps (Shadow Priest brought for Hymn) but still wow impressive.

As for the person who said Resto Druids are bad on Yor'sahj, HoTs only apply stacks during Purple phase on the application of the HoT, not each HoT tick, and Tranquility is a really powerful cooldown. If you wanted perfect healers for Yor'sahj it would be double Holy Paladin, but RestoD/RestoS works fine, is what my guild killed it with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    Here's our kill video from our Disc Priest, I'll be uploading my Enhance PoV soonish, just haven't gotten around to it yet ^_^.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHOe-...3&feature=plcp

Raid Comp:

Blood DK

Disc Priest
    Holy Paladin

Boomkin
    Survival Hunter
    Enhance Shaman
    Elemental Shaman
    Combat Rogue
    Destruction Warlock
    Fire Mage

Our Holy Paladin had 4 Set, but this was the only tier gear that anyone had (First week of Heroics). Blood DK's seem to be the preffered for this fight.

Our Raid Leader explains what to do for each of them in the video I think, so try follow it as closely as possible ^_^.

GL
    On 7:30 your guild decided to kill yellow on green - red - yellow - black. May I know your guilds logic on this? In all the tries I did I thought you were supposed to kill green here, stack up kill adds (and hope that we didnt wipe :P). Have yet to kill him.

Also we have many times that we get a second wave of adds, but your guild only gets 1 wave of adds everytime.

Always kill yellow, unless there is a red and green (in which case kill green).

If the combo doesn't have yellow and no red/green combo, kill the black. Less adds generally means the enrage timer will be easier to hit.

Looking at your raid comp, you seem to have a fairly balanced group.

Single tanking is fairly easy, so long as tank CDs are used properly. 2 healers also seems to be more than enough, since you literally just have one per group, although a paladin really shines with beacon not triggering corruption.

The rule we used for killing slimes was green > yellow, lusting if we got a green + yellow + red + x (killing the green one). Damage is significantly higher from red if you are not all grouped up right in the center of the boss's hit box so the 4yd spread around doesn't really seem reasonable.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrildar View Post
    On 7:30 your guild decided to kill yellow on green - red - yellow - black. May I know your guilds logic on this? In all the tries I did I thought you were supposed to kill green here, stack up kill adds (and hope that we didnt wipe :P). Have yet to kill him.

Also we have many times that we get a second wave of adds, but your guild only gets 1 wave of adds everytime.
    Because the damage output from yellow is higher than any other color. We do not kill yellow on that combo but rather on black/red/yellow/purple we do so that we only get one phase with red/yellow/black up where we blow lust.

Every time you have yellow and black together and let them reach the boss you get two sets of adds, if you kill yellow you only get one set.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You really need to get use to letting purple absorb every single time, it's by far one of the easiests ones to let through. We always let purple and blue absorb if their a valid color.

Yellow is ALWAYS our kill target regardless of what everything else is. Yellow is just fucking brutal on HM and IMO the most dangerous one.

While Green - Red - Black - Yellow might SEEM dangerous (and it is) you will do yourself a favor by killing yellow instead of green. It's a common misconception that green is hard, and mixing both green and red are a conflict of interest. You can infact get close to the boss and spread out at the same time under these conditions. Green splash is ONLY 4 yards, and there is easily enough room to spread in such a way that you aren't too far away for red, but are close enough for AoE heals. Yellow just sucks trust me. Tank damage is higher because of void bolt stacks, you will have two sets of black adds and the damage from a red pulse happening twice as often is worse than a proper spread with green + red.

Not saying the above combination is easy because it certainly isn't. This is usually the combination that we lust on.

There are a couple other annoying combinations but the above is the worst as far as raid damage goes. It's literally the lust and use all the CDs you can. The only other annoying ones I can think of are a red - blue - green - yellow where your tank moves the boss on top of the blue orb and your raid moves with him (carefully). It's obnoxious but really not all that bad. Basically any blue - red combination requires your group to move together, if green is involved obviously you move while maintaining the spread!

Use 2 healers, it's a lot easier and actually makes purple combinations a lot less confusing.

Only other tips I can give is if one of your early phases has a mana void and it's an easy combination, whittle it down and leave it up. If it's early in the fight your healers will have sufficient ways to get enough mana back to last through that phase. Get the mana void low (25% and just let it sit). Next time a mana void comes out let it drain your mana and kill the first one. Voila, you will have all your mana back. Basically repeat this process.

The second mana void won't give you much mana back, on account of it only having what it could drain (and because you don't have full mana like the first one it won't contain a lot) but this tactic still helps if one of your first few combos contains blue and it's relatively easy. Really helps when you get a phase with heavy AoE damage and your healers are stripped with mana. Blow up the first one and continue!
    Last edited by Tojara; 2012-01-09 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    Your guild must have insane DPS O.o My guild's DPS is not brilliant but not horrible either, and we 2 healed it and made the enrage by like 2 seconds..... We did have 1 DPS in like ilevel 375 doing like 24k dps (Shadow Priest brought for Hymn) but still wow impressive.
    Well as soon as people get DS gear doing it with 3 healers shouldn't really be a problem. We tried 2-healing it today on our second kill but we just got so gibbed at red/yellow/black and green/red/black and cba doing another tactic when we've done it with 3 healers so we just went like last week but with a pug resto shammy instead. Didn't log our first kill but here is todays kill if you want to check: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-g7...?s=9383&e=9952

We got the exact same kill time as last week and also forgot to use TW at second high damage phase lolz.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.