Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I find that hard to believe. Banks and credit companies forgive debt on death in the United States?
    In the US the person who signs a loan or the credit card contract is the person who's responsible. If that person cannot pay, then that person is the one who faces the consequences, such as ruined credit score or being sued. The only time other people are responsible for a debt, is when the debt was co signed by someone, usually a spouse, family member, or friend.

Which is why you should never co sign for anything if there's even the slightest question about integrity.

Deleted
    I'd try to gather courage to go and kill some criminals who deserve it :P

To be honest I'm not quite sure what I'd do maybe as someone else posted, try and perform an elaborate armed robbery or if you want to be known in history take out some kind of large gang or drug cartel. For me I would go with the option number to and get rid of some scum bags before I die.

But do what makes you happy the most and don't let anything stop you!

Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    I find it funny how people suggest credit cards. That debt doesn't just go away, it gets shuffled off to family and friends. Debt doesn't just go away after death, sadly.

Really, I'd try to make everything count. I'd continue doing the things I enjoy and love. Making huge changes wouldn't be that smart, unless you are already depressed with your life. Just go out more and have fun!
    really who gives a two poops when your dead, if i had a year to live i would be getting all the money i could through credit cards and loans and doing all the stuff i have wanted to, hell go crazy, when you finally die its not like you have to worry about your actions anymore

1:Buy an RV and cook meth in my underwear.
    Quote Originally Posted by zolok
    Haha, everyone knows FIFA isn't a football game, it's Soccer!
    Quote Originally Posted by W
    You are clearly the idiot here as Blizzard would be able to check the IP address and mmo-champ can match up the ip address as well so boom headshot.
    Quote Originally Posted by fshfsjdk
    by the way, it's not key logger.

thanks for the replies, some interesting thoughts indeed I had the idea to go out like the book Mollie's millions if i had the chance, who knows may still happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd spend the first half traveling the parts of the world I want to visit
    The next quarter educating myself as much as possible
    And the final quarter just relaxing with those I love.

skydiving...

Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    if i had the cash flow, i'd do a bucket list type of thing. but alas, i'm poor. so i'd be doing the normal thing. i'd get a vasectomy and go to town.
    Why the vasectomy? wasted down time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    The next quarter educating myself as much as possible
    Last thing I would do...

No idea really, I think I'm the sort of person where I'd actually have to be in that situation to know what I wanted to do, It would probably involve women, drugs, drink and debt though :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Go seek some airline companies if they can support a dying person into seeing the beautiful places of the world.

Things I'd suggest:
    Australia
    Greenland (Northern lights, large ice caps)
    Tokyo
    Paris
    Iceland

Or go to Justin Bieber's concert with a handgun and do the world a favour.
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-01-08 at 03:11 PM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    i'd pick on of these travel packages and just go.

http://www.airtreks.com/airfare/specials

Quote Originally Posted by Jeire View Post
    Alo there,

So aye title says most of it. Myself I have about one year to live and not exactly sure how to spend it apart from doing things that make me happy. Im not rich so I cant exactly travel alot unfortunatly and I certainly dnt want to spend all my time working just to save enough pennies in the end which will be worthless to me. I am not married or anything and no childers so none to leave behind so thats all good. I dont have a family to speak of so thats not in the cards.

I am not saying this to go look poor me etc, I dont care about that sort of things. I am just hoping for some nice ideas that who knows, Maybe I will take some of them on board I have accepted it and plan to go out with a bang instead of moaping and all that woa is me shite.

So aye post away, go mental give some nice ideas or some crappy ones. Its all good. Enjoy your day.

J..
    Not to sound cold, and malicious but chicks love a good sob story, hint hint.
    EDIT1
    Quote Originally Posted by Razirm View Post
    Last thing I would do...

No idea really, I think I'm the sort of person where I'd actually have to be in that situation to know what I wanted to do, It would probably involve women, drugs, drink and debt though :P
    Don't listen to this guy. Debtors get first dibs at your estate. So unless you absolutely hate your entire family this is a stupid route to go down.
    EDIT2
    Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    He stated in the OP that there are none to speak of.
    Welcome to the 21st century. If there is anybody he doesn't know about they'll find them in very short order, and they could be very nice people.

Which reminds me in your(OPs) situation what I would do is go on an incredible journey to find that next of kin to see if they are an individual worthy of whatever manner of estate you do have to leave behind. (and use the sob story to get in bed with every woman you meet along the way.) Keep a diary of said journey, maybe one day you'll have a chick flick made of your story. (Play it again, Sam, you'll be immortal!)
    Last edited by Gheld; 2012-01-08 at 03:29 PM.

I don't think I would make the decision to find my estranged relatives and then tell them I was dying. Probably better to let them avoid that pain. The whole credit card thing seems fun though. It's just virtual 1s and 0s anyway.

1:Buy an RV and cook meth in my underwear.
    I would only be producing substances that I would actually take myself, and meth is not one of those. I'd definitely grown me some good bud though. Shrooms. Maybe some coke.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I don't think I would make the decision to find my estranged relatives and then tell them I was dying. Probably better to let them avoid that pain. The whole credit card thing seems fun though. It's just virtual 1s and 0s anyway.
    Ignorance. It's somebodies annual salary. If you go out and get a 20,000 dollar credit card, wrack it up and then it doesn't get paid there goes some 20,000 dollar a year underling, somewhere in the economy, laid off. Grats you beat the economy boss.

Although i think it must be horrible to be dieing, and i really feel for anyone out there that is terminally ill, i think there would be something refreshing about knowing when you were going to die, like a big pain lifted off your shoulders, you can live freely without fear of the future, and just enjoy yourself for a year.

I think if i was terminally ill and found out when i was going to die, unless it was going to be a very painful experience, i wouldnt be too upset, only upset for my loved ones that would be without me after, but i mean knowing when you are going to die... just seems like very powerful knowledge to me! (Of course sometimes doctors can be wrong ..)

I'd do the same things that I do every day, because I don't currently do anything that makes me unhappy. I'd tell everyone exactly what I think of them, how much they mean to me and how special they are, and then, in my last few weeks, I'd fly back to Ireland, bring my fiance and spend my remaining time with my immediate family.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

Live life as normal for the first 11 months, and come the 12th, Do all my bucket list stuff.

Id have to agree, take out what credit cards you can and travel, pyramids, rain forest grand canyon, since you dont have a family, you dont need to worry about transfering the debt on to them
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rob banks and enjoy my ill-found riches while I can.

Police can arrest me all they want, gonna die soon anyways.
    Putin khuliyo