Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Bloodsail Admiral Imhullu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,113
    Diablo 3 comes out on Marchtember Oneteenth.
    Does that work, sir?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Slizardxoxo View Post
    Hopefully it will be sooner then the 1st of Feb, but if not I truly hope that is the day!
    It wont be sooner, february 1st is only 3 and a half weeks away. Blizzard isn't going to come out and say "Oh, btw Diablo is being released next week!" They usually announce the date a month or so before the release.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairm View Post
    Don't you think they wouldnt tell the community first? hehe you guys are funny. Im sure it'll be way later.

    Its just another Best Buy trying to get attention from the online community. Indeed it worked.
    A valid point. It did get the internet's attention, however, as to "telling (us) first" there is a minor flaw with that logic. Retailers have to know about release dates in advance for scheduling/staffing purposes, as well as event planning and the like. I'm not saying there is any certainty to the claims of this find, merely pointing out to you that there would, in fact, be a need for others (retailers) to know about this information beforehand. Best Buy putting this up beforehand and essentially breaking a street-date lock is plausible. It's happened plenty of times in the past.
    "No better burden can a man carry on the road than a store of common sense." - Hávamál, st. 10

  4. #24
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,486
    http://www.dicksmith.co.nz/product/YG1075/pc-diablo-iii

    30th of March.

    I'm hoping its out on the 1st of Feb just as much as everyone else, but just take a look around - do any of the dates actually match up? Im 99% sure its a hoax, but still hoping its the 1st of Feb
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  5. #25
    Feb 1st actually makes a lot of sense.

    Expect the announcement next week.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cairm View Post
    Don't you think they wouldnt tell the community first? hehe you guys are funny. Im sure it'll be way later.

    Its just another Best Buy trying to get attention from the online community. Indeed it worked.
    Err... no, they wouldn't "tell the community" first. They tell retailers first. Why would this one Best Buy go through the effort to "get attention from the online community"? What's far more likely is that this Best Buy screwed the pooch putting up their sign and was supposed to wait until the announcement next week.

    Also, people crying photoshop or fake should at the very least read the articles about this. Joystiq went as far as calling the Best Buy in question and asked them if the sign was there and legit, and they confirmed it at the store.

  6. #26
    Immortal Clockwork Pinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    Posts
    7,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    Feb 1st actually makes a lot of sense.

    Expect the announcement next week.



    Err... no, they wouldn't "tell the community" first. They tell retailers first. Why would this one Best Buy go through the effort to "get attention from the online community"? What's far more likely is that this Best Buy screwed the pooch putting up their sign and was supposed to wait until the announcement next week.

    Also, people crying photoshop or fake should at the very least read the articles about this. Joystiq went as far as calling the Best Buy in question and asked them if the sign was there and legit, and they confirmed it at the store.
    It's also on Best Buy's website.


  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    Feb 1st actually makes a lot of sense.

    Expect the announcement next week.



    Err... no, they wouldn't "tell the community" first. They tell retailers first. Why would this one Best Buy go through the effort to "get attention from the online community"? What's far more likely is that this Best Buy screwed the pooch putting up their sign and was supposed to wait until the announcement next week.

    Also, people crying photoshop or fake should at the very least read the articles about this. Joystiq went as far as calling the Best Buy in question and asked them if the sign was there and legit, and they confirmed it at the store.
    I lol'd because Bashiok said something like "Retailers won't know anything before a press release" - I think you mean PRESS won't know anything before a "PRESS" release, there, ol' Bashiok. We've already seen the Anaheim Convention Center place up dates for BlizzCon far before a BlizzCon press release date announcement in the past. You know why? Because that's not RELEASING SHIT TO THE PRESS, it's releasing it to the venue so they don't fill the spot you already internally scheduled. Aka, ALREADY KNOW ABOUT before you tell the "PRESS". Of course, the convention center pulled it down fast, but yeah. Bashiok's full of shit when he tries to tell us that community are privy to the same information as retailers.

    The real dynamic is, an internal date is announced that is spread to manufacturers which then spread street dates to corporate heads. The PRESS (which is more and more often now, US) FIND these corporate head internal releases, and share photos of botches in plans, like the Diablo 3 instruction manual pictures and this release poster. The REALITY of the situation is never going to be the "truth" the company (Blizzard Entertainment) wants you to hear.

    I can almost 100% guarantee you the employees are threatened with void of contract, or termination, if they release insider documents, but guess what? People still do. And occasionally, heads themselves fuck up, like when White Hen or 7/11 put out WoW expansions days before their release date.
    Last edited by LordRayken; 2012-01-08 at 06:30 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

  8. #28
    Herald of the Titans Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRayken View Post
    I lol'd because Bashiok said something like "Retailers won't know anything before a press release" - I think you mean PRESS won't know anything before a "PRESS" release, there, ol' Bashiok. We've already seen the Anaheim Convention Center place up dates for BlizzCon far before a BlizzCon press release date announcement in the past. You know why? Because that's not RELEASING SHIT TO THE PRESS, it's releasing it to the venue so they don't fill the spot you already internally scheduled. Aka, ALREADY KNOW ABOUT before you tell the "PRESS". Of course, the convention center pulled it down fast, but yeah. Bashiok's full of shit when he tries to tell us that community are privy to the same information as retailers.

    The real dynamic is, an internal date is announced that is spread to manufacturers which then spread street dates to corporate heads. The PRESS (which is more and more often now, US) FIND these corporate head internal releases, and share photos of botches in plans, like the Diablo 3 instruction manual pictures and this release poster. The REALITY of the situation is never going to be the "truth" the company (Blizzard Entertainment) wants you to hear.

    I can almost 100% guarantee you the employees are threatened with void of contract, or termination, if they release insider documents, but guess what? People still do. And occasionally, heads themselves fuck up, like when White Hen or 7/11 put out WoW expansions days before their release date.

    I pretty much agree, but most games are still announced when they're gonna come out months before they do. I mean it seems too soon but this game has been in development since like 2005 so too soon doesn't mean fuck all.

  9. #29
    Anyone else notice on the leaked picture that "February" is misspelled as "Feburary"?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    I pretty much agree, but most games are still announced when they're gonna come out months before they do. I mean it seems too soon but this game has been in development since like 2005 so too soon doesn't mean fuck all.
    They would have been more likely to put up release date posters in December of 2011 then, if they were just guessing. Everyone -knew- Diablo 3 was December. No one even thought February 1st at all. No one. There's a reason we've seen instruction manuals being created and now this poster being displayed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

  11. #31
    Herald of the Titans Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRayken View Post
    They would have been more likely to put up release date posters in December of 2011 then, if they were just guessing. Everyone -knew- Diablo 3 was December. No one even thought February 1st at all. No one. There's a reason we've seen instruction manuals being created and now this poster being displayed.
    I'm not saying you're wrong. I do hope it comes it the 1st regardless of the state it's in because it's at least something to do.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong. I do hope it comes it the 1st regardless of the state it's in because it's at least something to do.
    Yeah, I was just toying with the logic myself. If Best Buy really was going to put up a "guess" or a totally wrong release date countdown that spreads all over (even places in California are confirming the midnight launch now), they would have done it when every single entity believed December 2011 was it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabuks View Post
    https://twitter.com/#!/Bashiok/statu...73490904051712

    The sign is either a fake or the best buy is going to be having a midnight release that releases no game.
    So its PS3 Exclusive?

    p.s. i jest i jest.

  14. #34
    Its deff real, I dont see how best buy could put this in there store without blizzard sending it to them. idk just a weird thing going on. But thats deff real.

  15. #35
    Well the date makes sense its the week the swtror free month expires isn't it? Diablo will just kill it if it launches then.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post
    Well the date makes sense its the week the swtror free month expires isn't it? Diablo will just kill it if it launches then.
    Single-player games Kill MMO's, you heard it here folks.

    Just like that time Skyrim Killed WoW.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Single-player games Kill MMO's, you heard it here folks.

    Just like that time Skyrim Killed WoW.
    Easy there Jabba the fanboy.....

    on topic... i hope this isnt some shitty hoax and i get to hear something next week about an offical release date, NEED SOMETHING TO PLAY

  18. #38
    This might not be relevant to whether they made up that date or not, but they spelled February, febuary, on the sign.

  19. #39
    He uses such weasel words...

    The tweet he responded to me with was,

    "@RaykenOrange They misspelled February. I'm not sure it was all that official to begin with."

    What does he mean... He's "not sure it was all that official" ... Who types like this?

    Does that mean, he's not sure if it was official or not? Or does that mean he's mocking the Best Buy, or what...?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRayken View Post
    He uses such weasel words...

    The tweet he responded to me with was,

    "@RaykenOrange They misspelled February. I'm not sure it was all that official to begin with."

    What does he mean... He's "not sure it was all that official" ... Who types like this?

    Does that mean, he's not sure if it was official or not? Or does that mean he's mocking the Best Buy, or what...?
    I think you just really hate Bashiok

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •