Using the Ignore

There has been like what thousand threads about LFR behavior, since it's not against any policy/rule to not have moral/respect towards other players Blizzard can't do anything atm.

What we can do and has been brought to attention in several threads are ignore these jerks.

I'm wondering are you guys ignoring them?
    If not why?

Also does people in your guild know about this /ignore and what it does? do we or are we just guessing..

What i understood from a blue post if you ignore someone you will not be put in the same group as that person again.
    so if example LFR grp of 24 people ignores a person (hypothetical) and each of these are in a different grp the ignored one has to find himself a 25 grp thats allot of grp's if you ask me..

But what do i know

But still i do believe that people aren't using this function already built in the game enough, get these jerks ignored, if they steal loot ignore them tell the raid ask ppl in the raid would you be happy if he did it if it was gear they wanted?

Ofc they wouldn't..

If they get ignore buy 24 people this time maybe they never do it again especially if the person is bringing the subject into the raid channel.
    Sooner or later these guys that gets ignored which they would be if they kept taking loot over and over have a real hard time get groups and when Mop comes live well who now all grp's might just already have someone that has them on ignore which would suck since they would have to wait hours then to get a simple random..

Blizzard blue post has also said they are thinking on some sort of an acc ignore, which means that you ignore all toons not just the one you are facing when you ignore them all his/her alt's get's it at the same time.

We on MMO know about this but does the people in your guild know that if you ignore them you wont grup up again? shouldn't they be informed.
    Imo this is a powerful tool we have and the gamers just need to learn how to use it.

So how do we spread the word?

Ignore no longer works because LFR is across multiple servers, same goes for LFG and other new functions introduced. If you're entire raid ignores the same guy...what will that do? Nothing, because the chances of ever seeing that same guy again are practically 0. Ignore used to work when there was a server community.

Well i actually read that i does work cross realm. maybe that was a rumor.. well he could still be ignored on that realm then if people where informed but i guess then we are back to Tbc/WTLK chat where ppl are spammin "xxxis a ninja" in trade hmm
    Last edited by Jocke; 2012-01-08 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    If you're entire raid ignores the same guy...what will that do? Nothing, because the chances of ever seeing that same guy again are practically 0. Ignore used to work when there was a server community.
    wut? i get in LFR with the same people every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just put the chat log onto Combat Log.
    That's my Ignore.

Going off on a bit of a tangent here, but I'm curious as to if adding people to ignore will serve to increase your queue times or theirs, or perhaps both, because of the it not placing you in the game group. It seems like the system would take first come-first serve, such as:

-Ignored person is in close to the front of the line, so he will get in a group like normal and the ignorer will have to wait longer for a new group
    -Ignorer is closer to the front of the line, so he will get in a group like normal, and ignored person will have to wait for a new group.

Wonder how it works. As for the Ignore feature itself, it's true most people don't know about it. If it was a drop down option from the character portrait, you'd maybe see more people use it. I'm not sure how much the ignore list can hold, but I could see people just ignoring DPS players of the same spec just to possibly increase their chances of getting less of that spec/class.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2012-01-08 at 09:26 AM.