Thread: grid setup???

grid setup???

hi all was wondering if anyone can give me some tips/advice on grid indacators setup...im overwhem with all the options for this....what do you guys use for borders center text etc...im a prist healer so what should be a basic set up for the indacators....thanks

I only use numbers.

On my pally I have BoL in the left bottom corner. Top left I have an small "pixel" for aggro. In the bottom right corner I have for tracking SaC on a target.
    On my dudu I have Reju in the left bottom, LB in the right bottom and wg in the top right.

Debuffs in the middle and border is if people are under 20% health, the border goes red.
    I'm a kittycat

thanks for the reply...any healing priests out there with any input ...

Quote Originally Posted by megahurts View Post
    ...any healing priests out there with any input ...
    Not to sound like a douche, but why dont you try to ask on the priest forum?

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Center text 1 for name. center text 2 for HP defecits + incoming heals. Center icon for GS/PS. use the icon bar module for 4 extra icons but only use 1 and 4 for Rnew and PW:S. top right corner for Food. top left for flask (cuz i like to keep an eye for other) Bottom Right Weakened soul debuff. Border color for target and aggro warnings. frame alpha for range. Healing bar for incoming healshealth bar color for death warning/ghost/target health/offline warning. and mana bar module for mana.

Frame width 92
    Frame Height 48
    border size 3
    Cornier size 6

Frame orientation Horizontal
    Fram texture Aluminium

Scale 75%
    Padding 0
    spacing 2

dont have my priest anymore but this is what it looks like on my paladin.

Last edited by dawawe; 2012-01-09 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muliercula View Post
    Not to sound like a douche, but why dont you try to ask on the priest forum?
    because this is the ADDON forum if im correct....isnt grid an addon i believe....so, wouldnt this be the place to ask about an ADDON setup

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 07:22 PM ----------

dawawe thanks so, much this is what i was asking about when i posted the question thank you for the informative reply

Indicators are small coloured buttons in each corner, and represent the presence of a buff or debuff. Since you can only have one marker per corner it isn't wise to put multiple things to a corner.

My shaman:
    Top left - earth shield
    Top right - rupture
    Bottom left - curse/magic
    Bottom right - low mana (for mana tide)
    Frame border - searing plasma (for spine)
    Centre Icon - Deep Corruption (for Yorsahj, wont show stacks otherwise)

It's very simple to set up. Just figure out what you need to track and give it a corner or area. Go to that corner/area in the list and assign that buff. If it's not in the list, cast the buff on yourself, or manually find the buff by searching for it in "status" "add new buff/debuff". Generally you can ignore the areas I havent listed, since they show generic things like range, etc.
    I don't recommend using grid as a Druid - maybe grid2. Grid doesn't track HoT durations.

Would give more detail but posting from phone. Hope this helps.