Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    this is how horde win

take WS and hanger.
    send stealthies to kill glaives
    the rest either parachute in and run bombs, or hang around the demos and protect them

easy win
    if glaives die you almost cant lose
    ^

Not sure how you are losing this as Horde. It is, in my opinion, Horde favored (and yes, I play Horde main).

1) Take WS/Hanger
    2) Stealthies kill glaives
    3) Focus east gate

Do those three things and it's a win.

The only time I lost this weekend was when there weren't enough stealth or stealth didn't do their jobs. Alliance are almost always going all-in on Glaives, which makes sense for them and leads to a quick win if stealth don't kill glaives.

People may not like this BG, but damn if it doesn't give absurd amounts of honor on its weekend as Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP is correct. That is the only real way to win for Horde, however you forgot to mention that stealthers should take out the Alliance Glaive Throwers, and it's usually an easy win.

Alliance always lose my BGs. They send at least 30 people to docks who end up standing around doing nothing waiting for the cap because Horde send 0 there. Despite this the glaives always get killed by a few rogues/ferals. Meanwhile horde sends half WS and half Hangar and start bombing and using demos while the alliance are just running bombs. Only time alliance win is when they somehow keep the glaives up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alskonda View Post
    OR, you could just take dogs, defend the glaives, and win in half the time.
    alliance is closer to docks, given both sides with crusader they will always get there first. we can't take it. i explain this to people pretty much every IoC weekend.

THIS is why IoC is unbalanced. horde is slightly closer to hanger then alliance is however hanger isnt as powerful as docks and relies on both WS and quarry to be able to take gates down.

horde effectively has to spit their forces to hold 2-3 nodes, run bombs, AND have a small strike force playing defense and kill glaives, while alliance really only has to take refinery and docks and zerg the gates down
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

The only reason Horde went for Docks back in Wrath was cuz the Hangar was broke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doobers View Post
    Okay, so it bothers me that horde are always losing this simple bg. Here are some steps that may just allow us to win if everyone stops being stupid.

#1 Get Workshop and Hangar.
    #2 Get either Quarry or Oil refinery
    (by this time Docks is up and people should be attacking the glaives)
    #3 Take demos to the eastern gate, now this is where some people who aren't fond of thier compass directions shouldnt be driving demos.
    #4 Man all the guns on the air ship, shoot the eastern gate as the ship circles.
    #5 All the extra people not gunning, should jump down and bomb east gate
    #6 Once the gate is down, grab the graveyard.
    #7 (yelling /bg "ALL IN ALL IN") doesn't help at all, and causes people with a slow brain to pull the boss out of the room where he murders you.
    #8 Win!

I hope this clears everything up so Horde can start winning IoC.
    It's entirely dependent on players killing the glaive throwers. If you kill the glaive throwers and defend workshop, you've basically won. If you can't kill the glaives, you lose.

By the way, you should always have both quarry and refinery, especially if you're using workshop. 30% more siege damage is no joke, plus it's extra honor.

Personally I'd rather they buff up Agmar and Wyrmbane to the way they are in 80-84, where they're unkillable if people are too stupid to run out of Crushing Leap. It's fun running around in a siege tank and blowing up 20 people at a time.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    The tactic is good, only it never actually happens in in the battleground itself :P

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    It's entirely dependent on players killing the glaive throwers. If you kill the glaive throwers and defend workshop, you've basically won.
    I was in at least one game over the weekend where the alliance won anyway. It was necessary to pull people back to defend the alliance keep, so the game went on quite a while.

My favorite game was where the alliance got the docks, as usual, but also grabbed the hanger. Good times.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    ^

Not sure how you are losing this as Horde. It is, in my opinion, Horde favored (and yes, I play Horde main).

1) Take WS/Hanger
    2) Stealthies kill glaives
    3) Focus east gate

Do those three things and it's a win.

The only time I lost this weekend was when there weren't enough stealth or stealth didn't do their jobs. Alliance are almost always going all-in on Glaives, which makes sense for them and leads to a quick win if stealth don't kill glaives.

People may not like this BG, but damn if it doesn't give absurd amounts of honor on its weekend as Horde.
    It's probably the most honor per hour of any BG if both teams basically do what they're supposed to, except for maybe SotA; if you're on an attack-first SotA and you make a good attack (in less than 5 minutes or so), you can make some obscene amounts of honor per hour.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

words falling on deaf ears.

I hate IoC so very much. It's lame how Horde always do the same thing.

1. Cap Docks and Hangar
    2. Take Demos to West Gate but have them downed quickly
    3. Lose Docks and Hangar after everybody jumps into base but eventually wipe
    4. Leave Glaives, expecting somebody else to kill them
    5. Realise how shit you are then recap Hangar 2 minutes after it has capped for Alliance
    6. Jump back into keep and start running bombs at which point Alliance has already won.

I'm not saying that happens everytime. But I have seen it happen 10+ times and it's frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's not hard, but people always manage to muck up something pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Alskonda View Post
    OR, you could just take dogs, defend the glaives, and win in half the time.
    Nope. I normally PvP on Alliance but since I've been playing my Horde character more, I stepped into IoC this weekend. With Alliance, after all this time, they attack 1 single gate. People don't even have to say a word. With Horde though, no one knew what gate to attack. It would be split between east and west, there was never a group that didn't have to be told which gate to attack.

There was one match that stood out, and almost as soon as the Alliance got the Docks and their glaives were destroyed in seconds, the Horde took every node on the map rather early. We had our own glaives, demos, and a siege engine, yet the Alliance still won. When I got to the Alliance base, there were 2 different groups of Horde attacking different gates.

Why the Horde players need to be told which gate after the IoC being in the game for this long, I don't understand. The Alliance knows what gate to take, why doesn't the Horde?...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    Why the Horde players need to be told which gate after the IoC being in the game for this long, I don't understand. The Alliance knows what gate to take, why doesn't the Horde?...
    I suspect the problem is people call for the "east" gate, but unless you look at the map there's a tendency to think that's the right side, not the left.

Instructions should be to go to the gate away from the docks, on the left side (as seen facing the alliance keep).

Alliance has no issues, since the glaives come from the docks on one side. Workshop is in the middle, so there isn't a natural bias to one side or the other.

There may also be a holdover from earlier days, when horde tended to go for the docks and alliance for hanger.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I suspect the problem is people call for the "east" gate, but unless you look at the map there's a tendency to think that's the right side, not the left.

Instructions should be to go to the gate away from the docks, on the left side (as seen facing the alliance keep).

Alliance has no issues, since the glaives come from the docks on one side. Workshop is in the middle, so there isn't a natural bias to one side or the other.

There may also be a holdover from earlier days, when horde tended to go for the docks and alliance for hanger.
    Um. West gate is on the left side for both keeps. East gate is on the right side for both keeps. Remember, you aren't flipping the direction of the map to suit your team's viewpoint - it remains static for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Um. West gate is on the left side for both keeps. East gate is on the right side for both keeps. Remember, you aren't flipping the direction of the map to suit your team's viewpoint - it remains static for both teams.
    True, but as your are driving south (as Horde) you need to drive to your left. Also, I think the Wrath era of attacking the west gate still lurks in people's minds.

But it drives me crazy when one guy will go to the wrong gate when everyone else is pounding the other. Can't you see the whole team on the other side?