Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teru View Post
    Assassination is fine, don't bash the class if your skill cap is too low to properly make it shine.
    Pretty much.

'You have an melee ability called as maul ,its backstab of rogue in wow and you have a talent to make it ignore armor but its very irrevelant ability.' - Just lol. How can you even say that?

I'm having no problems at all on my Infiltration shadow, to be honest it's a blast doing warzones on her. Doing great damage and Force speed is just awesome for getting out of combat/Huttball/Voidstar.
    It took me a while though to get the hang of the playstyle and if you have problems in pvp you should keep practicing to become beter...
    Assasin/Shadow are far from bad in pvp if you are having problems then the problem lies with you and not with the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjface View Post
    Pretty much.

'You have an melee ability called as maul ,its backstab of rogue in wow and you have a talent to make it ignore armor but its very irrevelant ability.' - Just lol. How can you even say that?
    sometimes abilities that crit 60-70% of the time for 4000-4500 damage are irrelevant ok?

I think its you mate, I havnt played swtor yet, but if something 20 levels lower than you is giving you hassle, then its a safe bet its your play style

also from what I hear about assassins, they sound like the undead rogue of vanilla
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

I'm struggling to get to grips with darkness PvP but I relish the challenge. Can't wait to try Deception at some point
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    SO you are basically agreeing with the OP, It's sucks till you are at max lvl, where it, "shines" good to know.
    I think you misinterpreted the definition of skill cap. He meant player skill required to play class effectively. Not the skills the actual AC has.

Quote Originally Posted by Curzed View Post
    http://imgur.com/OAED7

i dont see whats wrong with assassins :/
    Assassin medals make me sad. My absolute perfect game as a sniper would be like 13 medals with my average being 8-9 and I don't think I've gotten past 11 yet. Friend gets average of 11-12 as assassin with perfect game being 15 or 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizark View Post
    Assassin medals make me sad. My absolute perfect game as a sniper would be like 13 medals with my average being 8-9 and I don't think I've gotten past 11 yet. Friend gets average of 11-12 as assassin with perfect game being 15 or 16.
    Not hard to do since you can put guard on people and get an easy 3 medals just from that, 2.5k heal from medpack.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    SO you are basically agreeing with the OP, It's sucks till you are at max lvl, where it, "shines" good to know.
    Skill cap is not level cap. Skill cap is how much skill the PLAYER. as in who is playing the character. He is saying the Op fails not because of the class, but because the OP fails at the class. Get it right man.

Quote Originally Posted by hexify View Post
    Not hard to do since you can put guard on people and get an easy 3 medals just from that, 2.5k heal from medpack.
    You can get 2 medals from medpack, 2.5k healing and 5k healing; just make sure the pvp debuff isn't on you when you use it assuming you have the final medpack.....really easy to do in huttsball since you can walk through the fire to do it. You can also get the 75k healing one via medpack if you have a bit of self healing, max I've hit so far is 73k healing which was without any form of self heals. This one isn't as reliable though since you have to be able to use medpack almost everytime its off cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Raegon7 View Post
    Skill cap is not level cap. Skill cap is how much skill the PLAYER. as in who is playing the character. He is saying the Op fails not because of the class, but because the OP fails at the class. Get it right man.
    pretty much why pvp is unable to be balanced ^.^

To be honest...from what you describes the class sounds awesome ha, but your complaints are nothing that a couple patches wont fix. I mean, hey the game JUST came out, there are DEFINITELY going to be glaring faults with each class. WoW was a disaster in terms of balance when it came out.

Assassin/shadows are the hyienes of swtor pvp. Their burst is low and almost entirely random. Even in that video it was an assassin in pvp gear fight people who were not in pvp gear. It makes a huge difference and the sad thing is that a newly 50 scoundrel would probably do about the same or better. The problem is that it's simply too easy to escape melee range and assassins/shadow just don't do very much damage. When I pvp on my alts and an assassin attacks me it's nuisance the same way a loud, small dog is. They early manage to kill me on their one, and even then I generally have to make a mistake. They're just not very good and are really fragile if they're not tank spec. I've invested a lot of time in my shadow because a wanted to play a stealthy dps class. Turns out I should have gone with smuggler.

The Assassin/Shadow are masters of getting away alive in World PvP and Warzones once you have the right abilities and use them well. And our damage is fairly good too. We're not the top-dog in terms of dishing out harm but we really have our moments in PvP with all our abilities. Force Slow, Force Sprint, Resilience, Force of Will on a fairly short cooldown, Deflection helps alot against melee and ranged classes and Force Cloak+Blackout followed by Mind Maze can really piss someone off.

You can put out more damage with an upheaval spec, or obtain more mobility with with digging into the Kinetic tree. Making errors in PvP as a Shadow means death though if you don't have Force Cloak ready from what I can tell. You are very squishy in shadow tech, so sacrificing a little force sometimes to go combat tech helps a little with being squishy, but you lose the ability to have a hard hitting armor-bypassing Breach then.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2012-01-09 at 09:24 AM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Also, try using Maul from time to time, it helps...

10+ Year Old Account
    wow is terribly unblanced everytime somebody screams our pve damage sucks and gets buffed watch them faceroll pvp, ie ret in wotlk
    with tor they are working on fixxing the combat delay which will make things easier for mellee classes

Come try PvPing as a Jugg. Get burst down, unable to even damage a healer, and get slowed with no recompense anytime you touch an objective, like hutball.

A Jugg's strongest ability distracting someone so that the useful classes don't take damage.

Or I suck at it.

Probably a little of both

The problem is the assassin class isnt built the best for these warzone pvp area's... if you want to have the real fun on an assassin world pvp is where it is at, stocking your pray and BAM. They have no idea you're comming.