Thread: macro if/then?

macro if/then?

does anyone know a macro command that would stop the macro if throwdown is not possible? So reckless doesnt go off if it is available.
    #showtooltip throwdown
    /cast throwdown
    /cast recklessness

Not possible for macros to make decisions for you.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

the only chance you have is by doing it the following way and spam the button:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=40 throwdown, recklessness;

edit:
    this way recklessness should not be activated until you used your throwdown.
    Last edited by Flaim; 2012-01-08 at 10:15 PM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought cast sequence macros were broken back in BC?
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Well, they broke /castrandom in a way when people just added their entire rotation to the list and spammed it so that it chose one from random. /castrandom must perform the ability chosen before moving onto another random one.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Well, they broke /castrandom in a way when people just added their entire rotation to the list and spammed it so that it chose one from random. /castrandom must perform the ability chosen before moving onto another random one.
    which really really really really really irks me with my cast random mount macro, a minor irritation to some but it just drives me crazy sometimes

was it not maybe about 3.2? i thought there were some castrandom macros for faceroll ret and dk in wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    the only chance....
    Thanks Flaim, I'll give that a try tonight. You rock!

Hey Flaim, this didnt seem to make a difference for me last night. I hit my keybind and even though i didnt have a target for throwdown, it executed the reckless.

any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Shizniticus View Post
    Hey Flaim, this didnt seem to make a difference for me last night. I hit my keybind and even though i didnt have a target for throwdown, it executed the reckless.

any other ideas?
    Use 2 different keybinds? WoW is a simple game, but you can't make it so simple that the macros do all of the work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacritts View Post
    Use 2 different keybinds? WoW is a simple game, but you can't make it so simple that the macros do all of the work for you.
    The macro only has 2 commands. Using 2 keybind's is no different than just pressing 2 keys. doh!

Quote Originally Posted by Shizniticus View Post
    The macro only has 2 commands. Using 2 keybind's is no different than just pressing 2 keys. doh!
    That's the point, what you want can't be done.