Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ravenholdt rep grind.

After starting out the Insane grind in mid 2009, starting by getting Bloodsail, to finally killing pirates and putting an effort into it, I got exalted with all 4 Steamwheedle cities mid 2010. The biggest thing now is that, since DMF will get to exalted one way or another through dailies, would it be just worth it to go from 1.5/3k neutral to 999/1000 exalted with Ravenholdt only turning in junkboxes? I really dread the thought of grinding low level mobs again as a Warrior. Maybe if I was a Lock, Mage or SPriest it would be more bearable (that's how I did pirate grinding; auto-follow friends Mage while I Ice Lanced away @ Ratchet), but I've grinding more than enough low level mobs for a lifetime. Would it be that much more time-consuming to grind those extra junkboxes? Or should I just tough it out and grind more mobs?

You only get Ravenholdt rep by turning in junkboxes past honored (Revered -> Exalted = 1k+ junkboxes)
    Junkboxes are only obtainable from pickpocketing mobs(Aka Rogues)

Unless you are gona pay huge amounts of gold to buy farmers

go here: http://www.wowhead.com/faction=349

Curious question: You started in 2009 and didnt do Shen'dralar?
    Without Shen'dralar. Insane is comparable to Explorer

v---- Proof
    Last edited by Sanguinezor; 2012-01-09 at 01:08 AM.

You can grind until 11999/12000 honored, then only junkboxes after that. Its about 1200 junkboxes to do just that. And with the mob decreases in LBRS, junkbox farming is tougher now. I can get about 72 an hour atm (Im working on the Insane too... kinda jumping between SWC and Raven atm, last couple of reps the guild needs for United Nations)

I farmed them on my rogue and running Lower Blackrock Spire it took quite a few runs. I watched the Matrix trilogy, Braveheart, Big, Tron: Legacy, Limitless and several other movies while grinding but it still took longer than it took to watch all of those.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Deleted
    Killing mobs > pickpocketing lockboxes

imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post

v---- Proof
    good joke there, no need to exaggerate just because you got it when it was "hard"
    I'm quite the achiever but have no intentions of ever doing the insane grind, it doesn't even come close to explorer that you can almost get on accident these days

highly disagree. Insane is quite a hell of a lot easier than it used to be, but imo killing pirates and syndicates + grinding lockboxes for a few weeks is still quite annoying, it's not like you will see the title on any casual player inside LFR or a 5man like explorer. Comments like these are 100% from people who did Shen and now want like a big shiny medal for it + an extra title. It's exactly the same as everything else in warcraft, nobody cares about the date on your achievement, nobody looks at it except you. So you can be content with knowing when you did it or just wait for it to be nerfed like everyone else. No-one cares when I got the wintersaber except me, I don't care that everyone and his mum has it now, I made the choice to do that grind when it was painful + I accept that, I don't laugh at people with the saber and tell them it's like a purple elekk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    it doesn't even come close to explorer that you can almost get on accident these days
    Sounds like Darkmoon Faire to me

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 02:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    I don't laugh at people with the saber and tell them it's like a purple elekk.
    After the 2 nerfs of Wintersaber.
    Its pretty much a fishing daily

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    Killing mobs > pickpocketing lockboxes

imo.
    With the pickpocket mouseover macro, it goes by much quicker than killing mobs would ever be.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    With the pickpocket mouseover macro, it goes by much quicker than killing mobs would ever be.
    /cast [@mouseover] Pickpocket

Please, Sanguinezor, don't start a whole 'omginsanesoeasynowroflzbads' thing. I did start working on Shendralar. Did DM runs till I got enough librams then knocked off what mats I needed for it. And you really must be insane if you think it's comparable to explorer. You can't solo Bloodsail anymore (unless you do a phased quest which mobs only give 5 rep so it still takes about 2-3 times longers than it was pre-cata, not to mention potentially locks you out of Loremaster of EK if you haven't done the quests for it before). They've eliminated pirates from Ratchet and the DM North runs completely aswell, and from what I've heard, Ravenholdt rep has been made harder to get aswell. Although the title is not as prestigious as it was on release, it's still no easy cake-walk and congrats to anyone who has earned it, past, present or future.

This grind blows. period.

Well, I think Sanguine cares enough for "her" armory link in sig, to link to "her" achievements. Just saying.

Insane is still annoying as hell, back pre-nerf there was only one guy on my realm with Insane, and with the reputation the Insane rep grind has.. there's probably 5 people on average per realm with the title.
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

Quote Originally Posted by Drknife View Post
    Well, I think Sanguine cares enough for "her" armory link in sig, to link to "her" achievements. Just saying.

Insane is still annoying as hell, back pre-nerf there was only one guy on my realm with Insane, and with the reputation the Insane rep grind has.. there's probably 5 people on average per realm with the title.
    Sanguine doesn't even have the WoW's 4th Anniversary Feat of Strength, what a wrath baby.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We agree it's nerfed a bit, SHendra'lar was all about having the Diamonds; Librams and TIME to do Sholomance, Stratholme and Dire Maul.
    Now I consider some points of the Achievement even harder; my brother is doing the Bloodsail now and it's a pain in the *** he says. The Booty Bay guys 3 shot most plate wearers; he even had to respecc and gather tanking gear.
    Ofc you don't need the reputations at the same time, but try finding 15 people on a high populated realm who done it AFTER the nerf. Seen more pre nerf due to it just being a gold grind.
    Darkmoon Faire can be completed in 2 months with doing the dailies and handing in the quest items.
    Ravenholdt is still a pain, try finding a Rogue who wants to go LBRS, BRD or the packs of 25 mobs near Blackrock Depths in Burning Steppes. I have a 60 rogue and do it for easy gold, but still it's BORING. The people I farm for have no idea what a boring grind it is. I guess that 75% of the people who have "The Insane" and are NOT a Rogue themselves; have bought the boxes from someone who farmed it for them, since they were to lazy to get it. And the other collectible items was just the same.
    People with the title still earn my respect IF they invested the time in it themselves, but hence we'll never know who bought all his Junkboxes, Diamonds, Decks or Treatises instead of farming them piece by piece themselves, so there are better titles around now which are also time consuming, require luck ( the Insane doesn't require luck LOL) and coordinating a group, since "the insane" is a big solo adventure....

Just as a small notice; I did get "the insane" after the nerf , just because Blizzard decided to remove Shendra'lar, I had all my Librams, Diamonds, but needed Sholo and Strat runs for those items, I ran out of lockouts ( 5-6 runs per hour max, and you need some sleep too) so I WOULD have gotten it before. Wasted 60k gold on all those items, that's what pissed me off.

Very true, I'm just about to finish out Ravenholdt myself. The only reason I didn't get Shen rep was because I started Bloodsail, then Steemwheedle and DMF. Didn't get to finish Steemwheedle until after Cata, then DMF. I wanted to collect all the mats I needed to get Shen rep and just do it all in one shot. But then decided Loremaster/Seeker was a higher priority and spent the next couple of months on that. By the time I finished, Blizz decided 'oh lol, no more Shen rep', which was what....like a month or less before Cata...? I tried, believe me I did, but I didn't have NEARLY enough time to get the mats, with the shit droprate of Diamonds, and everyone and their uncle trying to cash in on them. I didn't have 80k though, sadly, and I got about half of the mats only a couple of days before...so I ended up liquidating what I had. I'm completely pissed off I didn't manage Shen, I would have really REALLY liked to, and to hell with the frigging 'Prestige', I just wanted it to have it. Also kinda ticked I didn't manage to get my damn Tiger before they took out ZG......But whatever, what's done is done and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it, except complete it as I can, 'nerfed' or not.

<Avid Mount/Pet Collector> Recently Earned:!! Leywoven Flying Carpet !!

Deleted
    Curious question: You started in 2009 and didnt do Shen'dralar?

v---- Proof
    You're funny.

Insane has always been comparable to Explorer in the sense that all it requires the player farming it to do is spend a shit ton of time online doing performing a specific task (exploring the world/killing pirates and etc. respectively). Or gold, to buy decks, pickpocket services, etc. but I've also sold summons all over the world to a level 1 for like 20k gold so people are also able to buy Explorer if they want to. They were always very alike, were they not?

Killing or pick pocket, either way it's a sore finger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    /cast [@mouseover] Pickpocket
    omg. thanks :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me sad theres no tabard for them.